League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Rules

By jgcruz
8/15/2020 9:24 am
setherick wrote:
Just realized that RB is not included in the allowed positions for TE. But since WR is there, I assume RB is allowed, right? The reason I ask is because I like to play my H-Back at RB.

I presume there is no exploit involved, in which case it would be acceptable. If anyone feels differently, please chime in. Thanks, Seth, for bringing this to our attention.

By VillagerChris
1/12/2021 12:41 pm
I'm just curious but are you allowed to not have any RB's on your team and use all WR's in their place.. No DT's and use all DE's in their place, No S's and use all CB's etc?
Last edited at 1/12/2021 12:43 pm

By jgcruz
1/12/2021 2:33 pm
Yes, if you think that help.

By Cjfred68
7/18/2021 6:36 pm
Hey everyone, I'm new to the league and of course there has 20 seasons of debate, votes and rules which I have missed.

I want to fully comply with all the league rules but there doesn't seem to be a "Rules Thread" with all the rules listed together and just as important...the thread should be Locked so nobody can post in that thread.

Thanks for any help in advance in providing a list of all the rules.

☆can only trade with a team 2 times per season

☆team must always show 1 1st round pick on team card

☆GMs can be fired for underperforming after first 3 seasons unless they have 2 winless seasons in the first 3.

☆position limits per below
Position Limits

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular or post season which deviates from the following:

1. RB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

2. FB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB or TE.

3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman.

4. WR may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE.

6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is a defensive lineman who weighs at least 276 lbs.

7. LB may only include players whose primary position is LB or S.

8. S may only include players whose primary position is S, CB or LB.

9. CB may only include players whose primary position is CB, S or LB.

10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations.

☆the below rule seems to contradict a previous rule.
Last, but not least, additional trade guidelines.

You may make a trade with another team until the trading deadline of Week 8. There is a limit of three trades between any two teams per season. New accounts are restricted from making trades until they are 30 days old.

☆DE position is limited to players who weigh at least 276 lbs.

I think that is all I found in this rule thread...am I missing anything?

Last edited at 7/18/2021 7:21 pm

By Meatmen
7/19/2021 11:37 am
Cjfred68 wrote:
Hey everyone, I'm new to the league and of course there has 20 seasons of debate, votes and rules which I have missed.

I want to fully comply with all the league rules but there doesn't seem to be a "Rules Thread" with all the rules listed together and just as important...the thread should be Locked so nobody can post in that thread.

Thanks for any help in advance in providing a list of all the rules.
I asked Beercloud to forward any rules which he had. The following is his response. We’ll have a discussion about them AFTER the season is over in terms of changes, deletions or additions. Nevertheless, we’ll try to abide by them until then - at least the spirit if not the letter. That is, other than firing GMs - which will be deferred until after next season.

If any GM is interested, please consider how you can actively participate in helping to operate the league.

Injuries
were set @ 100%

League Structure
Commish (1)

Head of Football Operations - HFO (1)
a) appointed by the Commish (no term limit)

Public Relations Director (1)
a) appointed by the Commish (no term limit)
b) can have an assistant appointed by the Commish, HOF or PR director(no term limit)
c) PR is the Forum Mod.
d) In charge of league articles, league recruiting, and promoting the league in the main forums.
e) Has a vote in the season end awards and HoF ballots.

AFC Rep (1)
a) Voted in by the AFC GMs only every 3 seasons
b) Reps can run for the position as many times as they like.

NFC Rep (1)
a) Voted in by the NFC GMs only every 3 seasons
b) Reps can run for the position as many times as they like.

Competition Committee (3) + Commish for tie breakers
a) consists of both league reps and the HFO
b) legal votes are Approve - Reject - Abstain
c) they vote on trade reviews, HoF candidates and rule proposals.
d) they vote on year end awards (mvp, opy, dpy, roy, gm and rookie gm of the year)
e) AFC and NFC Reps term year begins mid week 1 and ends pre-season week 4.
f) Voting begins end of season stage and ends @ the draft day 1 stage.

Trades:
2 trade rule:
a) A team can only trade with each team in the league twice per season.
b) From FA1 to the end season stage.
c) Any GM can request a trade review.
1) The request must be made in that particular trades thread or to the Commish or HFO via pm. And within 24hrs of the time stamp that the trade was made.
2) Once a trade review is requested all assets in the trade are frozen for 24hrs. That clock doesn't start until the Commish posts in that thread that the trade is under review.
d) CC has 24 hrs from the time stamp of the Commish granting the trade request in the thread. If a CC member has not voted in that time frame his vote automatically goes to an abstain vote.
e) majority rules and ties are broken by the Commish.

First Round Pick Restrictions
a) a team must always show at least 1 first round pick on their team card under future picks.

Hire n Fire Rule
( you guys already have this posted in the Help section but I include here anyway.

1) GM's could get fired for under-performing , a winless season or for league conduct violations.
2) Once fired they would go to the back of the waiting list.
3) No more than 3 GM's can be fired in a given season. And at least one if there is someone on the waiting list.
4) New GM's can't be fired in their first 3 seasons unless they have 2 winless seasons in that time frame or have 3 league conduct violations.

There are several ways to determine when a GM can normally be fired.
A) If they have a winless season.
B) If they have 3 consecutive seasons with less than 5 wins
C) If they have 4 consecutive seasons with less than 7 wins
D) If they have 5 consecutive seasons under .500
E) If they have 6 consecutive seasons not making the playoffs
F) If a GM takes over a playoff team and miss the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons.
G) 3 League Conduct violations.
H) No GM can be fired in their first 3 seasons with exception of rule 4.
I) If no one is on the waiting list each GM will retain their tenure with exception of rule G.
J) Once a GM is fired from their team they may not be hired by that same team for 3 seasons. They may be hired by another team at any time, determined by the waiting list.

Waiting List:
a) First com first serve basis.
b) Fired GM's go to the back of the list.
c) When a team opens up waiting list GMs are contacted in the order they are in.
d) Once a GM comes

☆can only trade with a team 2 times per season

☆team must always show 1 1st round pick on team card

☆GMs can be fired for underperforming after first 3 seasons unless they have 2 winless seasons in the first 3.

☆position limits per below
Position Limits

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular or post season which deviates from the following:

1. RB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

2. FB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB or TE.

3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman.

4. WR may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE.

6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is a defensive lineman who weighs at least 276 lbs.

7. LB may only include players whose primary position is LB or S.

8. S may only include players whose primary position is S, CB or LB.

9. CB may only include players whose primary position is CB, S or LB.

10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations.

☆the below rule seems to contradict a previous rule.
Last, but not least, additional trade guidelines.

You may make a trade with another team until the trading deadline of Week 8. There is a limit of three trades between any two teams per season. New accounts are restricted from making trades until they are 30 days old.

☆DE position is limited to players who weigh at least 276 lbs.

I think that is all I found in this rule thread...am I missing anything?

I'm prettty sure that these are presently the only rules. I do not want to have a rule driven league. I want to stay true to the game Basically NO Expliots, No Fleecing of newewr players and Wieght restriction, of which I am not a huge fan. but It's a necesarry evil. I will turn off the trade meter now that I know everyone in the league. I only turned back on bc It won't aloww teams with similar ip adress to trade. I feel pretty comfortable with our GM's now. If I do feel there is any monkey business going on I willl reisntate it. The Trade meter will be under my discretion and my tool against any shenanigans. thanks .............................MM

By Meatmen
7/19/2021 11:41 am
CJ this is the league leadership if you encounter any issues. Exploits, collusion, rule breaking, or wish to challenge a trade you can start with your Conference rep. If you wish that you want to report or challenge an issue/trade and remain anonymous you can come straight to me.

Leaue adim.- Meatman

Head of Football Operations - Warthog

AFC REP - Wolveraider

NFC REP - Marinarul

Competion//Trade commitee
Jcruz
Saltywatermelon
DD35
Androwski
Marinarul

By Cjfred68
7/19/2021 12:08 pm
Ok....for clarity

The rules say this

Trades:
2 trade rule:

Then later say this

I'm assuming the limit is 3 trades between 2 teams during a season since that is standard but I just want clarity.

By Meatmen
7/19/2021 5:03 pm
Cjfred68 wrote:
Ok....for clarity

The rules say this

Trades:
2 trade rule:

Then later say this

I'm assuming the limit is 3 trades between 2 teams during a season since that is standard but I just want clarity.

OK It is 2 trades. It was a typo I think? I did not write the rules. I will update ASAP. Sorry guys I am now completely finished with the move and swettlimg my retirement plans. I will have full time to devote to MFN fro0m today forward. I hadn't planned on thgis process of retirement and moving being so long and drawn out.............................................MM

By Meatmen
7/21/2021 2:33 pm
Meatmen wrote:
Cjfred68 wrote:
Ok....for clarity

The rules say this

Trades:
2 trade rule:

Then later say this

OK It is 2 trades. It was a typo I think? I did not write the rules. I will update ASAP. Sorry guys I am now completely finished with the move and swettlimg my retirement plans. I will have full time to devote to MFN fro0m today forward. I hadn't planned on thgis process of retirement and moving being so long and drawn out.............................................MM

CJ, I can definitly state that it is 2 trades. I changed it back from 3. I posted this right after becoming league admin. At tht point I had 4 OGM's (original GM's threatening or wanting to leave over trade BS. We already had division some seaons back with exploits, and lack of ethics from a couple former GM's wko shall remain nameles. Those issues resulted in losing a couple good GM's. I just wanted to stem the tide and keep the GM's that I have competed against for so long. I am only accepting veteran GM's or someone that comes recomended with a proven track record. I have come to know this group in Paydirt as ultra competetive, VERY knowlegable and DEFINETLEY not afraid to share their opinions. Their is no censorship here. As ong as we are under Myfootballnow guidelines. It's about football and our mutual love of the game. Everyone here is capable of being a league Champion. We do have our (shall we say) "aggesive disscusions" but have always come through as a group.

As to me delaying sims, Some may or may not lke it but, I as the current Admin will delay sims as needed. It's SUMMER! others have just been returning to life after covid. (work, family, vacatoions) There is no need to rush especially if it maens keeping GREAT longtime guys like Jcruz, Seth, and O taco for instance. These and a few more contacted me about RL issues and stated they may leave. In other cases , (as yours) and not that you need it, I relaxed the poor performance rules. There NO ONe will be fired through the end of the 1991 SEASON FOR POOR PERFORMANCE , unless, IT IS DETERMINED YOU ARE PUPORSLEY TANKING.

I do uvderstand the extitement of a new league and new team...that all being said I will not delay the sim between now and the EOS. However, I have contacted someone that is in the know about sim times.[b] WE WILL BE RETURNING TO THE ORIGINAL SIM TIME 4 hours late rBEFORE THE REGULAR SEASON STARTS ON 8/13/21[b] IN SOME TIME ZONE IT MAY CHANGE THE DATE....[/b

This was my post:

My first impression is that trades involving high draft picks seem to be our largest issue.

As it stands right now
2 trades between teams per season
Must have 1 #1 pick at ALL TIMES.
30 (RL) days for any GM with less than 1 year in MFN. This will be a moot point as we are now private and will NOT take Rookies to MFN.
The trade meter is ON. It will remain on until we are all satisfied that no shenanigans are going on with like IP addresses

Hope this helped to explain my style.

By Warthog
10/14/2022 8:20 am
I made a commissioner decision and lowered the number of pre-season games to 3 and lowered the number of early free agency weeks to 4.