By Beercloud
1/11/2018 1:39 pm
Indianapolis Colts sends:
Ricardo Brooks (RDE)

Denver Broncos sends:
1973 Round 3 (Denver Broncos)
1973 Round 1 (Chicago Bears)
1975 Round 3 (Denver Broncos)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Indianapolis Colts and Denver Broncos

By Beercloud
1/11/2018 5:01 pm
I kinda like this trade. At first look my reaction was nooo Denver keep your 1st rounders. But after looking things over I can see the logic in it. Brooks is a rookie drafted in the late first round which is what they gave up to get him. He might be better suited inside with his good strength and slow speed of the corner.

Denver had too many 1st rounders which can be a problem to the cap if a couple of them don't work out. I think 2 3rds are too much though. One might have been enough but 3rds can be a lil thin with some draft classes. Indy gets a first back to fill that void they had.
Last edited at 1/11/2018 5:01 pm

By DJSim22
1/11/2018 5:20 pm
I’m banking on being able to draft another Brooks. I’m really paying a lot of $$$ for two 3rd round picks assuming I don’t mess up the 1st round pick. I’m trying to get creative to add depth.

By GrandadB
1/15/2018 3:11 pm
Was a great deal for Indy, look at Brooks stats (most owners dont), his poor stats match his lack of speed = low sacks & hurries. My weights have Brooks at a 71. Since joining Denver, Brooks started 2 games and had 148 plays in which he got 2 tackles, zero sacks, and 1 hurry.

Previously with Indy this season, Brooks had 3 starts & 183 plays (what's the big deal about replacing him? he wasnt even starting, lol). He got 1 sack & 13 hurries.

And to top this bad deal off, Brooks has a 6 week neck injury and questionable status.

By DJSim22
1/15/2018 4:27 pm
I’m pretty sure Brooks was hurt for me as well. I think it was a good deal, but I did take on a lot of dead cap too that doesn’t show up in the trade.