League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Position Rules

Suspend Rules D), E) and F), below, which deal with the time frame during which a rule proposal may be adopted.

No, do NOT suspend the rules for adopting a new proposal
Yes, suspend the rules for adopting a new proposal
Abstain

Re: Position Rules

By CrazyRazor
5/08/2020 11:37 pm
Jgcruz, can you sticky this poll? It should be in the options above the thread. (Just like "New Poll")

By jgcruz
5/21/2020 2:15 pm
We did not vote to suspend the rule relative to when a rule may be adopted. Hence, the proposed new rule will NOT go into effect.

If there is is desire after this season to implement the rule, i.e., someone proposes the rule and it gets a second and third, we'll reconsider it and/or some other proposal next season.

Thank you.

By marinarul10
5/21/2020 7:45 pm
jgcruz wrote:
Hence, the proposed new rule will NOT go into effect.

Can anyone help me find a list with all the rules in effect for this season? If possible can we do a sticky with only the rules and no other comments? Thank you.

By CrazyRazor
5/21/2020 8:20 pm
marinarul10 wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

Can anyone help me find a list with all the rules in effect for this season? If possible can we do a sticky with only the rules and no other comments? Thank you.

It's quite possible that Beercloud deleted the Rule Thread when he left.

By marinarul10
5/22/2020 10:40 am
CrazyRazor wrote:
marinarul10 wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

I am lost and the season is about to start......is the punt block banned, can i switch player positions, can i use overrides option, can i use the Auto-Set Depth Chart without being kick out of the league?!?!? Is this a Rule Free season? Or am i missing something?

By dd35
5/22/2020 10:44 am
marinarul10 wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

I looked again through all pages of the forums and didn't see anything resembling the rule thread

By jgcruz
5/22/2020 6:23 pm
marinarul10 wrote:
CrazyRazor wrote:
marinarul10 wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

I am lost and the season is about to start......is the punt block banned, can i switch player positions, can i use overrides option, can i use the Auto-Set Depth Chart without being kick out of the league?!?!? Is this a Rule Free season? Or am i missing something?

As far as I am concerned, everyone can do what they wish - with one very important caveat.

If a majority of voting GMs decide to expel a GM for engaging in any unsportsman-like behavior, the offending GM will be expelled immediately. No ifs, and or buts.

So, if a GM wants to take his chances and rush a punter with his DB/WR (or do anything else objectionable) and the other GMs take exception, he'll be gone. So I advise treading lightly insofar as taking advantage of the game's programming deficiencies.

By Meatmen
5/23/2020 4:45 am
I am in agreement Jcruz. It's always been a GM driven league. Until we adopt a rule everyone should be conforming to the high standards we have always set for Paydirt. Violaters should be dealt with by the league's leadership and subject to a warning and expulsion by vote..............MM

By marinarul10
5/23/2020 10:21 am
I am just afraid that you will start kicking out GMs for brokeing no rule.

Just a little story without names. In one of my other leagues the punt block was banned, but one GM was simply having fun descovering how to punt block. In the last game of the season he was finally able to block a punt with a DB. It was he's first time ever.....The GM was kicked out but that punt block has altered the playoff picture and now the GM who lost the playoff spot was really pissed off......can you blame him if he will decide to leave the league too?

Just wondering how you will react if this will happen to you in your Paydirt Division of **** where making the playoffs is like winning the SB ?

What if everything will be known and allowed in Paydirt so nothing like this can happen to us? One thing is certain, that faulty GM will be very happy now that he discovered how to block a punt.....

By Androwski
5/23/2020 11:38 am
No rules might be the best solution.

I saw your concerns marinarul, but nobody is going to start kicking out GM's for no reason.

Time to focus on the 1984 season. GL everyone!