10/21/2017 8:39 am
New York Jets sends:
Theodore Hawkins (QB)
1972 Round 4
1972 Round 5

New England Patriots sends:
1973 Round 2 (New England Patriots)
1972 Round 1 (Carolina Panthers)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: New York Jets and New England Patriots

By Beercloud
10/21/2017 9:33 am
The Patriots next move is picking up QB Theodore Hawkins from division rivals New York Jets. Hawkins is a high quality QB who takes a lot of sacks. Last year he was 248-457 4513 yds 34 TD's 7 Int's and a 109.21 Rating. Behind his new and pretty stout O-line he can even improve on that. Having superstar Morgan Stanley and Daryl Stingley to throw to won't hurt either. The Patriots still could use another star WR down the line and they'd be a pretty potent passing threat.

The Jets first move under new GM Gustoon pick up a nice 1st and 2nd rounder in the deal to help with their future in the AFC East.

Now the big question is: where does star QB Steve Grogan and his 5700+ yds and 56 TD's end up? There are a few teams that are a QB away from playoff contention. He could be pretty tempting with only 3 weeks left til the trade deadline.

By Gustoon
10/21/2017 10:33 am
I believe that Hawkins will decline and by the time the Jets are ready to give a game, he'll be a weak link. I'm also quite happy with Bart Brown and think he has the ability to be a good #1.

My goal now is to disrupt the AFCE and in particular NE.

By setherick
10/21/2017 12:41 pm
I like the players and picks being moved in this trade. I hate that Gus got the better of it. ;)

By Gustoon
10/21/2017 1:15 pm
setherick wrote:
I like the players and picks being moved in this trade. I hate that Gus got the better of it. ;)

Less is more, I'm cutting down on leagues and focusing on the owner created ones moreso.
We need high draft picks next season and altough I will not tank any game hope that we don't pick up too many wins, but there are a lot of teams that I rank in our predicament