The draft is underway!

Click here to go to your war room, or visit the war room item in the draft menu.

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Denver Broncos and Dallas Cowboys

By Beercloud
11/28/2017 2:38 pm
Denver Broncos sends:
Charles Dempsey (TE)
Shane Simonds (QB)
Charles Hunter (TE)
Thomas Estes (RB)

Dallas Cowboys sends:
Robert Ware (RB)
1972 Round 2 Selection 13 (Dallas Cowboys)
1973 Round 1 (Chicago Bears)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Denver Broncos and Dallas Cowboys

By Beercloud
11/28/2017 2:58 pm
I think Denver wins this trade.

Both QB's are good and cancel each other out which leaves a 1st and a 2nd for the two TE's and the RB. That's where I think the over pay is. Both TE's are pretty good. Might be a lil slow but ya dont always need speed there. The RB looks like a short yardage back with not a lot of speed but plenty of power. I think his acceleration might be holding him back from hitting the holes before they close up. It will be interesting to see what this trade equals out to by seasons end.

By Mcarovil
11/28/2017 4:21 pm
Denver 1-15 and Dallas 6-10. Personally I wouldn't trade for players over 30 as both did and then give up picks since they are a few years away from competing but to each their own. I've never been one to stop a trade, just comment from the peanut gallery.

By jgcruz
11/29/2017 5:26 pm
Dallas gets 3 young and pretty good players plus a very good QB who can likely effectively play for 4-5 more seasons if he doesn't retire. The three young players all represent a high draft choices in terms of ability. Downside is that Dallas will likely have to spend big bucks to re-sign the QB after the season is over.

Denver gets a seasoned, good running back and 2 very high draft choices - albeit one of the draft choices is a bit deferred. Downside is that the running back will have to be re-signed at the end of the season, at which point he will be a 10 year vet and not cheap.

In terms of immediate (and somewhat long term) gratification, Dallas gets the nod. Time will tell if Denver's draft picks will work out. For that reason, I give Dallas a slight nod.
Last edited at 11/29/2017 5:28 pm