11/30/2017 7:17 pm
Kansas City Chiefs sends:
1972 Round 2 Selection 30
1972 Round 3 Selection 30
1973 Round 1
1974 Round 1

Carolina Panthers sends:
Mike Haynes (CB)
1972 Round 6 Selection 17 (Carolina Panthers)
1972 Round 7 Selection 19 (Carolina Panthers)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Kansas City Chiefs and Carolina Panthers

By Mcarovil
11/30/2017 10:50 pm
Killer haul for KC

By Beercloud
12/01/2017 1:40 am
An overpay for KC. Haynes had a good 1970 but a poor 1971. He went from a 37.1 reception rate and 7 Int's in 70' to a horrendous 53.7 and 1 Int in 71'. Maybe it was the defensive style he was in or the couple of injuries he had. But it looks like Haynes will be paired with aging CB Justin Simmons and newly acquired nickleback Brian Gowan. Haynes will have some nice help over the top with safeties Burke and Sun. That may help Haynes from having another off year.

Carolina hauls in a boat load of high round picks. Prolly towards the end of the rounds but that could be where a guy wants to be as long as the talent pool is average or better. Good talent for cheap is a good place to be.

Two 1st rounders, a second and a third is a lot even for Haynes and will be review by CC. They have 24 hrs to review.

By setherick
12/01/2017 7:26 am
Beercloud wrote:
An overpay for KC.

Yup, the overpay was on purpose. I wasn't going to get anywhere close to Haynes talent with any of those picks in the next two years.

Also, Simmons and Gowan will both hit the wall this year. So I expect them to fall to CB3 and CB4 in the depth chart with either Sun or Martinez moving up to the CB2 in the depth chart.
Last edited at 12/01/2017 7:37 am

By Mcarovil
12/01/2017 9:30 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Killer haul for KC

Whoops. I meant Carolina

By Beercloud
12/01/2017 10:24 am
Trade passes cc
2 approve 1 reject 0 abstain

By setherick
2/14/2018 7:33 pm
Going back to review this trade because at one point blackflys accused me of not doing so:

1972 - 90 tackles, 17 knockdowns, 6 INTs, 45% catch allowed

I still think I got value out of it. The thing to keep in mind is that my catch allowed may be higher than other teams because I play a hybrid Cover 5 M2M / Cover 4 Zone in the bend-but-not-break mode. Except, unlike Matt Patricia, my defenses don't actually break. #patsburn #whydidyoubenchbutler

By Beercloud
2/14/2018 8:05 pm
I had brought this up on the general forums before and got mixed reviews. And this isn't just for sim football but could really help in RL football. Your point above is a perfect example.

I always thought that looking at DB"s and LB's tackle stats can be misleading. So I wanted a stat that shows tackles made that weren't a first down(a tackle) and tackles made that were a first down, a TD or any tackle made past their own 40 that resulted in a positive gain.(a save) The ones across the that magic 40 yd line are weighted more. Then make a ratio for it to get an idea on what tackles are being made and when.

Looking at Haynes' stats I see a DB who didn't have a particularly good year. He had 90 tackles and given up 73 catches. But like your sayin, there's more going on than stats can show. Frankly I dont care if he gave up 73 catches if they were 9 yd gains on 3rd and 10 outside of FG range. But Id really hate if he only gave up 20 catches all year but they were all TD's. Anyways he had a good year and you have a title to prove it.

It wouldn't be the holy grail of stats by any stretch but it would give us an idea on who has good pursuit and who is just hanging on. I think it would be a useful tool to help us narrow down who we want to watch film on and who we don't. To go along with our other methods.

Last edited at 2/14/2018 8:07 pm

By setherick
2/14/2018 8:23 pm
He was the CB1 in a team that gave up a 50% completion rate despite being 31st in passes against. He's going to give up catches, but yes, the problem is that it's hard to tell if those were impact catches or not.