Main - League News/General Discussion

Completed Trade: Carolina Panthers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

By Beercloud
12/04/2017 8:36 pm
Carolina Panthers sends:
Howard Hanson (DT)

Tampa Bay Buccaneers sends:
Fidel Phillips (FS)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Carolina Panthers and Tampa Bay Buccaneers

By Beercloud
12/05/2017 12:19 am
a trenches for last line of defense trade. Between two division contenders to boot.
Last edited at 12/05/2017 12:20 am

By setherick
12/05/2017 8:35 am
I think Carolina cleaned up on this trade.

By Beercloud
12/05/2017 1:03 pm
Phillips has been playing lights out so far in his career.....................When he can stay on the field. Both players need to toughen it up. A couple of sissy's. lol
Last edited at 12/05/2017 1:05 pm

By jgcruz
12/06/2017 11:21 pm
Advantage Carolina.

Hanson can stand up an offensive line but doesn't seem to get involved in too many tackles or pass attempts. Plus Philips has 5 years of age on Hanson. However, the big question is whether Philips can make a transition to CB from FS?

By setherick
12/06/2017 11:23 pm
jgcruz wrote:
Advantage Carolina.

Hanson can stand up an offensive line but doesn't seem to get involved in too many tackles or pass attempts. Plus Philips has 5 years of age on Hanson. However, the big question is whether Philips can make a transition to CB from FS?

FS is where I would play him. His B&R is so low, you'd have to worry about him falling down on a jam once a game and giving up a TD.

By jouameng
12/06/2017 11:46 pm
Yeah, I decided I would switch him to CB and see how well he does in the preseason. If he's constantly blowing his B&R I probably will move him back to FS.