By Beercloud
12/24/2017 4:57 pm
Los Angeles Rams sends:
Dale Morrill (DT)
1974 Round 4

Kansas City Chiefs sends:
John Cleveland (CB)
Frank Thornton (MLB)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Los Angeles Rams and Kansas City Chiefs

By Beercloud
12/26/2017 1:01 pm
I like this for the Rams even if it's a special teams / backup swap.

By setherick
12/26/2017 1:21 pm
Beercloud wrote:

This was a proactive I'm going to cut these guys trade to be honest.

By jgcruz
12/26/2017 1:42 pm
setherick wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

That's why I never make a trade right before cut day. There are a lot of border line players that good GMs stock up on and have to cut anyway. Why trade draft choices when you can at least try to get them as free agents?

By setherick
12/26/2017 1:46 pm
jgcruz wrote:
setherick wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

That's why I never make a trade right before cut day. There are a lot of border line players that good GMs stock up on and have to cut anyway. Why trade draft choices when you can at least try to get them as free agents?

That's the reason why we negotiated a pick that is two years from now. Ray will have largely rebuilt the team by then, which means that 4 is basically a 5 for two players that can help right now. Now, I would argue each of the players I cut is worth a late-4 or early-5, but since I had no need for them, and Ray did, I reached out to make the trade for both. In FA with the waiver wire, and little cap space, Ray probably wasn't going to get both of them. So it works for both of us.

By raymattison21
12/28/2017 8:02 am
setherick wrote:
jgcruz wrote:
setherick wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

That's the reason why we negotiated a pick that is two years from now. Ray will have largely rebuilt the team by then, which means that 4 is basically a 5 for two players that can help right now. Now, I would argue each of the players I cut is worth a late-4 or early-5, but since I had no need for them, and Ray did, I reached out to make the trade for both. In FA with the waiver wire, and little cap space, Ray probably wasn't going to get both of them. So it works for both of us.

I never tied so hard to make almost such a pointless trade. As I rarely make small trades but, I had only 287, 000 in cap room . So no bidding was possible . . The only argument that can be made is .....will we even be competitive enough for the trade to matter . I am hoping for a 6 to 9 win season getting me( seth) a lower to middle of the round pick. As I don't tank.

Say I only win three games next season ... seth wins here. Other than that I got some fast defensive players ( that have my style of play knowledge ) . ...which are not in FA. Like seth said it was for play now depth as this team has some glaring holes and very little wiggle room. As I payed a draft price to not compete for their contracts . As little as the bonuses were he ate them ...not me . And trading Morrell opened even more cap.

Next season , bigger trades are on the horizon as that how I planned to make this team competitive . Along with some flawless drafting.
Last edited at 12/28/2017 8:04 am