By Beercloud
2/13/2018 8:16 am
Kansas City Chiefs sends:
Richard Cross (RDE)
Robert Anderson (SLB)
1973 Round 3 Selection 30

Houston Texans sends:
David Ali (MLB)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Kansas City Chiefs and Houston Texans

By Beercloud
2/13/2018 10:43 am
For the little playing time that LB Ali has received he's produced like an all-Pro and KC will use that to their advantage. He's got great speed and strength combo but will miss some tackles. But that's enough to disrupt things.

Houston receives DE Reed who prolly needs to be moved inside because of his lack of speed and LB Anderson who has a lot of playing time with results on the low side. Prolly cause of his lack of speed, he's always trying to catch up to the play. He has good strength, accel and tackles well which is a good combo for a LB. We'll see how he does in Houston's scheme. And that 3rd rounder is a nice piece to this trade.

By setherick
2/13/2018 11:37 am
Anderson is best suited to play DE, but my team is loaded at that position, which is why I played him at SLB, which also acts as a DE in my system.

Also, I'm more interested in Ali's cover ability than his tackling. ;)
Last edited at 2/13/2018 7:24 pm

By jgcruz
2/13/2018 8:04 pm
Big advantage KC.

Houston gets a slow DE with little proven ability; a good LB with a shelf life of perhaps 3-5 years; and the 94th pick in the draft - good for a player who'll likely top out in the 70's (just about when the LB's skills are eroding).

KC gets younger and better by acquiring a player who could star in the league's best defense (as measured by default ratings) and produce for 8+ seasons.

Nice going, seth. You've done it again. (When will people ever learn.)
Last edited at 2/13/2018 8:05 pm

By setherick
2/13/2018 8:07 pm
I'm telling everyone that Anderson can be a starting DE for 7 seasons. I have him in the 80+ range as a DE even though he's 36 pounds underweight. At weight, he's an 85 DE without losing too much speed -- not that speed matters at the RDE spot that you need to seal the edge against the run. ... He just doesn't fit in my rotation right now, and I need a MLB.

Or you move Anderson inside to DT and give him a full season to come up to weight. He'll drop about 8-10 points of SP, but still be a 50 SP, 100 ST, 100 Pass Rush DT. DTs play forever as well.

Finally, for what it's worth, I suggest possible roster moves when trading players like Anderson that I can see fitting a team in a better spot while making the trade. Sheesh.
Last edited at 2/13/2018 8:13 pm

By jgcruz
2/13/2018 9:08 pm
I have no doubt that you think the trade is mutually beneficial. It's just that I don't see the rationale in trading with the league champ which results in helping make it better (now and in the future) - unless you're in a position to challenge for that championship.

Anyway, it's just my jealousy speaking (fueled by the thought that I have to face you twice a season). I hope it works out for Houston and that its 3rd round draft choice booms.

Peace.

By CCSAHARA
2/13/2018 9:48 pm
Pretty simple really, Ali while having decent numbers didn't play himself into a starting role on a team that won only three games. Anderson fills a need better for me, and the Texans needed another draft pick to fill a hole after getting rid of some dead weight. All in all trying to build a team from scratch on the fly for the next GM after I get fired. :)

By setherick
2/13/2018 9:57 pm
CCSAHARA wrote:
Pretty simple really, Ali while having decent numbers didn't play himself into a starting role on a team that won only three games. Anderson fills a need better for me, and the Texans needed another draft pick to fill a hole after getting rid of some dead weight. All in all trying to build a team from scratch on the fly for the next GM after I get fired. :)

Where are you going to play Anderson?

By CCSAHARA
2/13/2018 10:07 pm
Depends on how the draft goes. For now he will stay at LB. Been playing around with the game planning a little bit so anything is possible at this point.

By setherick
2/13/2018 10:25 pm
CCSAHARA wrote:
Depends on how the draft goes. For now he will stay at LB. Been playing around with the game planning a little bit so anything is possible at this point.

I still think I would swap him and Nawrocki. Put Anderson at your LDE and let him pick up sacks, and let Nawrocki use his SP in the LB position.