Carolina Panthers sends:
Miguel Davis (QB)
1977 Round 2

Houston Texans sends:
Chad Renfro (RDE)
Mark Young (CB)
Marcus Nawrocki (LDE)
1977 Round 1 (Houston Texans)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Carolina Panthers and Houston Texans

By jgcruz
5/19/2018 12:41 pm
After this trade, Houston is already at about $150,000,000 in cap used next season before needing money to sign draft choices. It will therefore likely have to dump some players to gain cap room and/or trade away some of next draft season's choices. Not an enviable position to be in. We've seen this before. (Remember Dallas?)
Last edited at 5/19/2018 12:46 pm

By awest827
5/19/2018 2:08 pm
jgcruz wrote:
After this trade, Houston is already at about $150,000,000 in cap used next season before needing money to sign draft choices. It will therefore likely have to dump some players to gain cap room and/or trade away some of next draft season's choices. Not an enviable position to be in. We've seen this before. (Remember Dallas?)

With the 5% increase in cap room next season all teams will have $153,153,787 to work with. Houston has used $115,978,656 next season, leaving $37,205,131 for Houston to work with. Houston's draft picks will likely cost roughly 7 million, as they have no first rounder and will likely cut 5-7. I used Beta 87 as a reference for the cap cost, and used last years draft slots for Houston which was the eighth pick. Plus Washington's 3rd. The exact number I came up with for Houston's draft picks next season, which obviously isn't perfect is $6,921,369. After draft picks next season Houston would still have roughly 30 million to work with. I see no cause for concern at this point in time. I think you saw $115 million and thought it said $150 million.

By DJSim22
5/19/2018 3:36 pm
Cruz was also adding in the dead cap money, which should put the Texans around 150.

By awest827
5/19/2018 3:59 pm
DJSim22 wrote:
Cruz was also adding in the dead cap money, which should put the Texans around 150.

The dead cap is already figured in

By jgcruz
5/19/2018 5:05 pm
awest827 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:

Is that so? Please cite your source of info. Thanks.

By awest827
5/19/2018 6:14 pm
jgcruz wrote:
awest827 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:

Is that so? Please cite your source of info. Thanks.

Ok I give up I think I'm going crazy. I can't figure out how this adds up. I don't feel like confusing anyone other than myself, so I'll just stop trying to figure it out, and go with what I thought I knew. I can't seem to make anything add up to what it is supposed to be. Nobody take any advise from me anymore, because I have no clue what I'm talking about.

By jgcruz
5/19/2018 10:03 pm
I think if you add up all of your players' cap cost and then add to that the amount of the dead cap, and subtract that sum from the total cap, you will come up with your room under cap. That's why I project upcoming Houston's salary issues.

Because salaries for highly rated players are artificially low in MFN it's usually not a problem unless you trade players that you've signed to long term contracts with high bonuses. But if you trade enough of those type of players, it will come back to haunt you. A big trap for newbies who are usually in a rush to build a winner (before learning the games nuances).

By Since2001
5/20/2018 8:56 am
Instead of you guys arguing and going back and forth , just send me a message or post on how I can fix the problem and tips to not get in this type of situation. It is easy.

By Beercloud
5/21/2018 9:36 am
This discussion is good info for the league as a whole.