Peter Baity (SLB)
Larry Oconnell (RG)
Dustin Tilghman (DT)
1977 Round 2

Denver Broncos sends:
John Castillo (RG)
Dustin Rosamond (DT)
Gerald Perrotta (WLB)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos

By jgcruz
6/01/2018 6:43 pm
Careful, greyghost.

As I look at your team page, because of all the trades you've done, it appears a certainty that you will be over the cap next season by about ($10M or so) before you try to sign any of your draft picks or any of your younger free agents to be.

By greyghost1225
6/01/2018 6:56 pm
I appreciate the heads up :). I am currently 13 mil under the cap with less dead cap money for next season. Unfortunately this team was mismanaged and there are many older 32 plus that were signed foe 4-6 year max contracts and must be dealt with. This is a time consuming process that is very fluid. What I am doing is getting the team back to the plus side and being more competitive. I hope that with my active participation in the league(and our division), you are not getting scared. I would be. :).

By jgcruz
6/01/2018 8:12 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
I appreciate the heads up :). I am currently 13 mil under the cap with less dead cap money for next season. Unfortunately this team was mismanaged and there are many older 32 plus that were signed foe 4-6 year max contracts and must be dealt with. This is a time consuming process that is very fluid. What I am doing is getting the team back to the plus side and being more competitive. I hope that with my active participation in the league(and our division), you are not getting scared. I would be. :).

LOL!

Yes, it's true you're currently $13M under the cap. However, next season your cap used is projected to be about $165M ($117.5M in currently projected cap used plus $47.5M in actual dead cap). That sum is about $10M above the $155M projected cap allowed next season. I just didn't want you to inadvertently fall into the trap of not having sufficient salary cap room. If you do, you might have to jettison some highly priced talent or high draft choices and have a hard time being competitive in the short term.

Anyway, I hope Denver is competitive soon. How you get there is your call, of course and potentially your neck. ;-) GL.

See your team again down the road.