Completed Trade: Washington Redskins and Carolina Panthers

By Beercloud
12/12/2018 12:09 pm
Washington Redskins sends:
1977 Round 1 Selection 23
1977 Round 4 Selection 23
1978 Round 2

Carolina Panthers sends:
1977 Round 1 Selection 14 (Arizona Cardinals)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Washington Redskins and Carolina Panthers

By blackflys
12/12/2018 12:15 pm
We made this trade in the last second and the guy I d drafted went to his team along with the draft pics

By jgcruz
12/12/2018 3:12 pm
Carolina $14M over the cap; 9 more picks in the draft (6 of which will be paid a bonus); already at 62 players on the roster.

What's that tell us? If Carolina drafts and signs the rest of its 9 picks, it will have to cut or trade 18 players from the roster to get down to 53 for the season. And it will also be very much under water cap wise pretty soon. You newbies who will be tempted to trade high future draft choices at least should appreciate Carolina's predicament (and your leverage) before mortgaging your future.

I'm not ragging on Carolina, which has been very successful. Just emphasizing a point which I have repeatedly made to newbies and relative newbies about being judicious in their trades. Nevertheless, I'll bet that someone will offer a slew of high draft choices for some aging veteran who in this case might be waived anyway or gotten for less.

By Beercloud
12/12/2018 3:16 pm
blackflys wrote:
We made this trade in the last second and the guy I d drafted went to his team along with the draft pics

let us look into this.

Edit:
This might be a bug. I'll see if jdb can put his eyes on this.
Last edited at 12/12/2018 3:18 pm

By Beercloud
12/12/2018 3:28 pm
I think what we may have to do, is have Carolina void that players contract and freeze him to other teams so Washington can sign him for the contract and bonus amounts of his rookie contract.

But before we do anything I want to post it as a Bug Report so jdb can look at it.

By Beercloud
12/12/2018 3:37 pm
Bug posted. I'll let you guys know what we'll do before the draft is over. So just hang tight.

By punisher
12/12/2018 3:55 pm
Beercloud wrote:
Bug posted. I'll let you guys know what we'll do before the draft is over. So just hang tight.

Here = https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/community/6/5132?page=1#31241

By jgcruz
12/12/2018 4:48 pm
Washington is well under the cap and afford the hit from signing and trading draft choices. But does he want to do that?

Although I am confused as to how this happened.
Last edited at 12/12/2018 4:51 pm

By blackflys
12/13/2018 8:47 am
He accepted the trade 1 or 2 seconds after his time was up. So realistically it should not of gone thru. I have had this happen once before . Either way it's all said and done and we're fine with whatever the commissioner figures out .

By punisher
12/13/2018 10:34 am
it is now fixed.

jdavidbakr wrote:
Eric Milton's contract has been switched to Washington. Thanks for the report!

from other thread = https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/community/6/5132?page=1#31241
Last edited at 12/13/2018 10:35 am