League Forums

Main - Team News

KC Rumors

By setherick
8/12/2017 12:36 pm
Frank Bell has returned to practice after missing the past 5 games with injury.

Re: KC Rumors

By jgcruz
8/14/2017 10:40 am
He met have been on the cover of Sports Illustrated. ;-)

By setherick
8/14/2017 2:38 pm
jgcruz wrote:

He was re-injured last game as well. Probably heading back to the bench.

Update:
Smith, Bell, Evans, and Glanz will all play injured against SD. The rivalry game and undefeated record are too much to keep everyone out.
Last edited at 8/14/2017 9:11 pm

By jgcruz
8/16/2017 10:30 am
setherick wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

He was re-injured last game as well. Probably heading back to the bench.

Update:
Smith, Bell, Evans, and Glanz will all play injured against SD. The rivalry game and undefeated record are too much to keep everyone out.

The game was important, so I gambled and started rookie QB Houk who was questionable. He gutted it out and played well enough. Because of lack of depth at TE, I even inserted MLB Smith at the position and he actually caught 2 passes. First time I ever tried something like that.

By setherick
8/21/2017 10:15 pm
In a move that some anticipated for months, Frank Bell was seen practicing at wide receiver. Originally drafted as a slash player, some scouts expected Bell to start as the team's primary receiver before he was penciled in at running back and then injured game one.

Frederick "Freight Train" Webb takes over at the starting RB with John McMahon out indefinitely.

By setherick
11/24/2017 3:39 pm
When asked how he felt about Steve Nelson winning the MVP, Jimmy Chow responded, "Coleman goes for 5400 and 41, goes undefeated. Houck goes for 5700 and 48, loses three games. I go for 6200 and 61, lose one game. They give the award to a LB for a 9-7 team."

He then shook his head and walked away.

By Warthog
11/24/2017 4:49 pm
setherick wrote:
When asked how he felt about Steve Nelson winning the MVP, Jimmy Chow responded, "Coleman goes for 5400 and 41, goes undefeated. Houck goes for 5700 and 48, loses three games. I go for 6200 and 61, lose one game. They give the award to a LB for a 9-7 team."

I love this stuff and I know this is all for fun, but the Browns had a dominating defense all the way around this year and not one player made the All-Pro team. Guess that speaks volume for the team concept and that my head coach better win Coach of the Year!

By Beercloud
11/24/2017 5:21 pm
setherick wrote

I only received 2 of the 4 ballots back from the CC. Plus my own vote. Where's the linebacker love? lol. I know-I know, it's all about the showboats and not the hard nose players. lol jk

As far as QB's Chow was the only one in the conversation. Nelson won 2 votes to 1. But I wouldn't slight Nelson too much. He had a great year @ MLB. So did Kuhn @ Denver. WR Frank got slighted cause of his lower receptions but those 22 TD's sure looked tasty. Armstrong, Colston, McClain and Takahashi all had great years. Anyways tell Chow that Nelson already cashed the check.

Side Note: Whoops just saw I didn't put coaches on the ballot. I went ahead and picked the Coach of the Year. Was it Graham? No he was caught making a peep hole into the cheerleaders locker room. Rumor has it that he will get some other kinda award though.
Last edited at 11/24/2017 5:31 pm

By setherick
11/24/2017 5:28 pm
Warthog wrote:
setherick wrote:

I love this stuff and I know this is all for fun, but the Browns had a dominating defense all the way around this year and not one player made the All-Pro team. Guess that speaks volume for the team concept and that my head coach better win Coach of the Year!

Your defense is the reason why I keep stocking up on offense. It's an arms race in the AFC...

By jgcruz
11/25/2017 2:49 am
Warthog wrote:
setherick wrote:

Gotta agree with you on the team approach. Not a single Charger to be seen in the voting.