League Forums

Main - League Help

My Free Agents

By CCSAHARA
4/29/2020 9:02 am
I know about the 30 day NOOB limitations. I have been reading a lot of the forums to get up to speed on 4.5. One thing that is not clear and the Navy training reappears from time to time of DON"T push the button IF ya don't know what it does applies. Question 1. Am I just reserved to the fact that my FA's are bye-bye. Question 2. Hit the RENEGOTIATE WIZARD button?? [ Asking based on NE dead cap ] Question 3. I recall something from a long time ago when JB mentioned that there was a hidden factor on team continuity so to speak. Are coaches still the same and is there a decision to be made on replacing the coaches? The HC has been here a long time terrible record. Or is it still any schmuck will do it's just a number apply. Thanks gonna take awhile in New England but it is a nice view here in the basement.

Re: My Free Agents

By arscola
4/29/2020 9:18 am
We all were noobs at the beginning and hated the 30 day No Trade rule. But it will pass quickly and really save you from making some bad trades until you get the feel for the game. As for your free agents, just don't use the silly Renegotiate Wizard as it overprices all your FA's. What I do is take one of my FA's at the end of the season (normally) and initially offer him a 6 year deal with minimum Base Salary and $0 bonus which he will reject immediately and then tell you what his minimum required bonus will be. Write down or memorize this number then offer the exact same contract but this time include his desired bonus. If once you have entered the bonus and clicked off the Bonus field (to another box) and the bonus stays exactly as you have entered it then you have a great new contract. If the bonus changes then you can then bump up the base salary just a little and try it again using the same bonus amount. I do this until the bonus number does not change then send him the contract and they will almost always accept it. I know this is getting to be a bit of a long post but this will save you tons of cap money and get your players back at the best price you can. The one caveat that has to be considered is "When will this player retire?". If you have a 32 year old running back it would be silly to send him a 6 year contract as he will retire and when he does you get all his remaining bonus money put directly to your Cap as Dead Money. And this is where a lot of new players get in trouble and usually just leave the league as your team will become so "Cap Strapped" that it will take 3 seasons to fix.

By Androwski
4/29/2020 3:25 pm
Read every thread linked in this link if you want to learn more about MFN: https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/community/3/2980?page=1#19993

Here you have explained how to re-sign your own FA to cheaper contracts (like arscola explained): mfn1.myfootballnow.com/community/thread/1/2525

And ask any question you have :)

By marinarul10
4/29/2020 3:40 pm
arscola wrote:
What I do is take one of my FA's at the end of the season (normally) and initially offer him a 6 year deal with minimum Base Salary and $0 bonus which he will reject immediately and then tell you what his minimum required bonus will be. Write down or memorize this number then offer the exact same contract but this time include his desired bonus. If once you have entered the bonus and clicked off the Bonus field (to another box) and the bonus stays exactly as you have entered it then you have a great new contract. If the bonus changes then you can then bump up the base salary just a little and try it again using the same bonus amount. I do this until the bonus number does not change then send him the contract and they will almost always accept it.

Not necessary a correction but a faster way to offer the best deal when renegociate with your players
1. Put the sliders max to the left and set-up the length of the deal to 2 years
2. Hit the Submit Offer button and find the player minimum bonus(ex: $10 000 000)
3. Find out the first year Base Salary by Dividing the minimum bonus to :
18 for 6 years deal (ex: 10 000 000 /18 = 555555.5555555)
15 for 5 years deal
12 for 4 years deal
9 for 3 years deal
4. Round up the first year base salary (ex 6 yr deal: 555555.55555 = 555600)
5. Multiply with 18 to find the new Total Bonus (ex: 555600 * 18 = 10 000 800)
6. Insert the first Year Base Salary in the case (ex: 555600)
7. Set-up the deal offer to the desired length ( 6 year in this example)
8. Insert the Total Bonus in the case (ex: 10 000 800)
9. Hit the Submit Offer button

When get use to it you will offer the best financial offer to your players in less than 30 seconds..... good luck

By Mcarovil
4/30/2020 10:54 am
Wow. Lots of math here. I would quit if I had to do all that.

Find their min bonus they will accept. Remember that number. Select the contract year length. Slide the bonus bar to 75% then reduce the salary bar until you get to close to your min bonus. Submit. End of story.