League Forums

Main - League Help

Coaches Carousel

By Beercloud
10/02/2017 4:13 pm
GM Hot Seat
1) GM's could get fired for under-performing , a winless season or for league conduct violations.
2) Once fired they would go to the back of the waiting list.
3) No more than 3 GM's can be fired in a given season. And at least one if there is someone on the waiting list.
4) New GM's can't be fired in their first 3 seasons unless they have 2 winless seasons in that time frame or have 3 league conduct violations.

There are several ways to determine when a GM can normally be fired.
A) If they have a winless season.
B) If they have 3 consecutive seasons with less than 5 wins
C) If they have 4 consecutive seasons with less than 7 wins
D) If they have 5 consecutive seasons under .500
E) If they have 6 consecutive seasons not making the playoffs
F) If a GM takes over a playoff team and miss the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons.
G) 3 League Conduct violations.
H) No GM can be fired in their first 3 seasons with exception of rule 4.
I) If no one is on the waiting list each GM will retain their tenure with exception of rule G.
J) Once a GM is fired from their team they may not be hired by that same team for 3 seasons. They may be hired by another team at any time, determined by the waiting list.

Hot Seat :
None

Last edited at 11/28/2017 3:43 pm

Re: GM's on the Hot Seat

By Mcarovil
11/02/2017 8:43 pm
What about an owner that run 3 offensive and defensive plays and are non competitive and currently 1-9?
Last edited at 11/02/2017 8:43 pm

By Beercloud
11/03/2017 2:53 am
Let me know which team and I will look into this.

By awest827
11/03/2017 12:10 pm
Saints I did that and I still beat you accidentally but if you want me to try I will just tell me I just know I can't win this year so I am tanking for higher draft picks

By Mcarovil
11/03/2017 12:20 pm
Ha ha. That was a good win. You beat me and I even tried.
Last edited at 11/03/2017 12:26 pm

By Beercloud
11/03/2017 12:27 pm
No tanking in Paydirt.

We will not stoop to the real life Indianapolis Colts level here.

Thanks for being honest.

Note: I'll put together a Hot Seat chart of some kind on the website so you guys can see where everybody is at. Prolly at or towards seasons end. I just have to figure out a workable spread sheet for it.

Keep in mind that although you guys can't be fired for your first 3 season(with exceptions) they still go against you going into season 4. So you can be fired in the "off-season" of season 4.

By jouameng
11/03/2017 1:54 pm
I thought that the GM Hotseat rule wouldn't come into affect until the 1976 season?

By Beercloud
11/03/2017 3:32 pm
GM's are protected for being fired for 3 seasons unless they have 2 winless seasons during that protection period or have conduct issues. We don't have anyone that falls into that category as of now.

And don't forget:
a) If nobody is on the waiting list nobody gets fired that year.
b) If nobody is on the waiting list and more than one GM gets fired they would just switch teams if they so choose.
c) Once fired, you can't be hired back by your same team for 3 seasons after being fired.
d) Then if everything falls into place like the team being open and nobody is on the waiting list.

It's all in good fun to make it feel a lil more real to GM a team. It's not as harsh as the Title sounds. Nobody is gonna hate ya if ya get fired. Except maybe the dot fan base. lol