League Forums

Main - League Help

Renegotiate

By botastiac
11/16/2017 9:52 am
I need help with contract renegotiation... someone help me please!!!

Re: Renegotiate

By Beercloud
11/16/2017 10:25 am
what kinda help do you need?

By botastiac
11/16/2017 10:47 am
who to sign and what to do. i need to stay over cap

By Beercloud
11/16/2017 2:18 pm
Well I can't tell you who to sign and who to let walk. That's the fun part of the game.

But I can tell you that you want to stay under the cap not over.

If you want to keep a player long term one way to save on cap space is to sign them long term contracts with a high bonus with the lowest possible base salary. When you renegotiate a contract, that player will have a bonus demand and wont except anything less. But he will sign for a different length of contract and base salary than he was asking for.

A way to find out how much bonus he will except is to lower the base salary to the min. and set the contract years to "2" and I stress 2 years. Set his bonus to 0% and hit submit. You will get a popup window that will tell you the lowest bonus he will except. X out of the window and offer him a contract that meets his bonus demand.

So give him the amount of bonus he asked for, add the amount of years that you really want him to sign for and lower his base salary as low as you can. If you go too low you'll get a warning box pop up saying the bonus is more than 75% of his base salary. If that's the case just gradually raise you base til it fits. Remember this is for players you want to hang onto to for a while.
Last edited at 11/16/2017 2:25 pm

By botastiac
11/16/2017 9:35 pm
see idk who to sign... they are all young and needed but i have no cap space!

By setherick
11/16/2017 9:58 pm
botastiac wrote:
I need help with contract renegotiation... someone help me please!!!

When in need with contracts, there is a jsid to the rescue: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/community/thread/1/2525

By Pernbronze
11/17/2017 11:21 pm
botastiac wrote:
see idk who to sign... they are all young and needed but i have no cap space!

well you have all the must sign guys signed, you should be able to sign the 60s to really cheap contracts in free agency. just remember when they walk they will go down a happiness level. Where this is important is if they are happy they will drop to neutral and you can still sign them again. However if they are neutral or livid before they walk, you will not be able to sign them (this occurs when you cut a player too). I could use someone double checking this, I'm doing this by memory and don't typically resign players I let walk in the first place so might be mistaken.