League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Rule proposals 1991forward

By Cjfred68
10/08/2021 9:38 am
Weight limits

The essentials are DL and front four of punt blocks....250 minimum sounds good to me which means mostly DE and DT With a few heavy LBS allowed.

No WR at RB means 200 pound weight minimum to play RB.

By jgcruz
10/11/2021 1:06 pm
I propose that once the preseason begins that trades may only be consummated on midweek phases (as opposed to game days phases). This would give the league's trade committee ample time to consider any objections to trades - similar to how waiver claims may only be made on midweek phases.

By billstein
10/11/2021 1:25 pm
jgcruz wrote:
I propose that once the preseason begins that trades may only be consummated on midweek phases (as opposed to game days phases). This would give the league's trade committee ample time to consider any objections to trades - similar to how waiver claims may only be made on midweek phases.

Actually, if a player is traded turning the game sim, he's inactive for that game. That then leaves one more day than a trade made during the midweek sim.

By jgcruz
10/11/2021 1:27 pm
billstein wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

Actually, if a player is traded turning the game sim, he's inactive for that game. That then leaves one more day than a trade made during the midweek sim.

Good point, but can the trade be undone once the game phase has run?

By Meatmen
10/11/2021 1:41 pm
I am not sure if it's crazy before than after the same as run I will need to look into that

By Cjfred68
10/11/2021 1:47 pm
billstein wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

If the trade is made during the sim spinning....yes but if a trade is made 30 minutes before a sim spin, you can activate and use him which I believe is the point.

Any trade made 4 hours or less before a game spin leaves no room to review and possibly overturn a trade before the players would be used.

I 2nd the trade only during midweek spin rule

By Meatmen
10/13/2021 1:22 pm
JCRUZ 1

OK this prtoposal carries over for debate and vote......................................MM

By Meatmen
10/13/2021 7:27 pm
Meatmen wrote:
JCRUZ 1

OK this proposal carries over for debate and vote......................................MM

I have the option to void trades as long as the players remain on the current team. I am in favor of this addendum. I would also like to propose that the trade announcement thread be used ONLY for that purpose. If you feel you wish to challenge a trade contact you Conference Rep and myself. We have discussd this at nausea that everyone has differtent weights and values for players, others simply don't feel that they don't or want to particpate in the draft. I GET IT, trading players in this league is tough, because everyone is smart and shrewd and that's why you are here!!!!. I just don't want anyone to feel like they need to Leave, disrespect others or circumvent the rules to have a chance at winning in Paydirt.

I have guys like warthog, mariarul, and wolveraider bc they are not only wiley veterans I truust, but they will point out when I'm wromg. Anyone can (and is encouraged) to do the same. Our competition commitee is just as strong. Glad to have guys like Crazyrazor and Macarovil back, dd35 and Jcruz have been lomg time GM's and fiiends. I'd like to bring MVR onto this team. He is no 5 seasons in and has grown in his knowledge.

By MVRowner - League Admin
11/27/2021 11:39 am
I propose an overrule of our voting for the results of the VERSION QUESTION poll and keep the Paydirt Football League in version 4.5 for the 1992 season.

By Meatmen
11/28/2021 12:02 am
You can propose it but I can almost guarentee it will go nowhere. I cna't wait to leave 4.5 behind!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!...................................................MM