League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Rules Debate 1991 forward

By Meatmen
10/03/2021 12:28 pm
Here is the place to debate, scream, cry and stamp your feet. Please be respectful of others................MM

Re: Rules Debate 1991 forward

By slowtospeak
10/03/2021 5:46 pm
I will go along with whatever rules you adopt. I don't really see the need for them, but none of them are so offensive to me that I won't follow them. Perhaps we could get simpler instead of more complicated, that would certainly be easier on the GM. I think the only rules we need to start with are these:

1. All pass and punt rushers must weigh 250 lbs.
2. All ball carriers must weigh 200 lbs. No WR's or CB's in the backfield.
3. No two-way players.
4. No tanking. Putting position players at QB or not having a kicker or punter are obvious ways to do this.

If the rules are broken accidentally, the GM could be given one warning and then booted. If the rules are broken intentionally (as was obviously the case with Salty), then the GM could be booted without warning.

I believe strongly that we should start over simply and then add rules as we need them. It is laudable to give us clear expectations, but it is also laudable to expect us to be grownups.

By Meatmen
10/04/2021 10:51 pm
Sorrry If I( confused anyone. So far the rule proposal about weight restrictions has carried over as well as the abolishing of the minimum of one #1 draft pick. We vcan debate these. If anyoner has any other proposals they can enter them........................................MM

By Meatmen
10/16/2021 8:20 pm
I intend on setting up a pole for the weight restriction rule as well. I just need to figure out how to word it so it's not cunfusing? I will get it up by tomorrow afternoon. Meantime if anyone has any other isuggestions/issues or another rule NOW is the time to speak up........................................MM

By Meatmen
10/20/2021 3:53 am
I have been reading a lot of info on the 4.6 version and as near as I can tell the punt block and other exploits have been corrected. I also believe that the speed and weight issues have been addressed. To what extent IDK yet. I was lucky enough to get into seth's new BIG Data League and while reading the forums I believe that alot of the issues that call for weight restrictions should or could be a thing of the past. I will put sticky thrads for weight retrsictions that were proposed and carried to vote. Right now.

First a Punt return play is a defensive play Only defensive linemen should be in the front 4 positions. and it has been proposed that Dlinemen must be 250 lbs down from the current 276 lbs and I am not really in favor of lowering it but I will honor the requsts and set a poll.

Secondly, it has beeen proposed that ball carriers RB/FB be 200 lbs minimum. I believe that if you have a player in the RB position his weight will move towards 215-220. It has also been proposed that the WR as RB be banned. I have no prefenence either way as long as EVERYONE is playing on the same field.

I truly believe the issue is more of the abuse of the postion distributions Hqaving 1 RB and 8-10 WR, or 10 CB, and 1 SS, 1 FS. It's just another way some have found to skirt the weight restrictions in this and other leagues. A low fatigue setting and 1 RB would have the AI filling in WR's and providing plausible deniability to the offenders. Someone will always find a way around the rules if they want to.........................................MM

By slowtospeak
10/20/2021 9:54 am
Making a rule, however, makes it that much harder for determined offenders to skirt the rule. In the past, people have had no RB's at all, and their intentions were pretty clear. It was even more offensive to me that a guy pleaded ignorance after the fact. I'm not looking to oppress people; instead, I'm looking for a level playing field between people who are willing to abuse the engine and people who are not.

By billstein
10/20/2021 5:31 pm
Meatmen wrote:
I have been reading a lot of info on the 4.6 version and as near as I can tell the punt block and other exploits have been corrected. I also believe that the speed and weight issues have been addressed. To what extent IDK yet. I was lucky enough to get into seth's new BIG Data League and while reading the forums I believe that alot of the issues that call for weight restrictions should or could be a thing of the past. I will put sticky thrads for weight retrsictions that were proposed and carried to vote. Right now.

First a Punt return play is a defensive play Only defensive linemen should be in the front 4 positions. and it has been proposed that Dlinemen must be 250 lbs down from the current 276 lbs and I am not really in favor of lowering it but I will honor the requsts and set a poll.

Secondly, it has beeen proposed that ball carriers RB/FB be 200 lbs minimum. I believe that if you have a player in the RB position his weight will move towards 215-220. It has also been proposed that the WR as RB be banned. I have no prefenence either way as long as EVERYONE is playing on the same field.

I truly believe the issue is more of the abuse of the postion distributions Hqaving 1 RB and 8-10 WR, or 10 CB, and 1 SS, 1 FS. It's just another way some have found to skirt the weight restrictions in this and other leagues. A low fatigue setting and 1 RB would have the AI filling in WR's and providing plausible deniability to the offenders. Someone will always find a way around the rules if they want to.........................................MM

Many times I've put high run block players over the gunners (Jammers), usually a TE or FB inside, and a WR outside. This would not be legal under this rule. Wouldn't anybody want blockers to protect their punt returners?
Last edited at 10/20/2021 5:36 pm

By IoanBlood
10/21/2021 2:48 am
Meatmen wrote:

Just to give you my experience with v0.46 for Punt Blocks: The glitch is nearly eliminated so you may use a very fast player less than 250 lbs and he will only occasionally block a punt. Nearly every time this happens when you have a non-punter @ punt or a punter with bad timing (< 75). So my opinion for this special case would be to let the best players play ST Rushers (let AI decide ;-))

By Meatmen
10/22/2021 5:08 pm
I have seen this and I think we can eliminate this rule next season as it looks like we are moving to 4.6 according to the current poll..........................................MM

By billstein
10/22/2021 11:15 pm
Soooo.... The Jammer positions must still be D players this season?