League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Information and opinion on the new 4.6 version.

By Meatmen
10/22/2021 6:26 pm
This thread seeks to provide information / opinion pertaining to the new version. We have at least 10 GMs that I know of that have (or will have) some type of expeience with the new version.
It's my goal to identfy any potential glicthes or exploits that arise. I am looking to eliminate any un neccessary rules and find solutions to issues before we enter into this version. There are 10 gm's in the new Big Data League and I know we have several others that have been participating in the other 3 leagues that have been testing this version. Honestly, I would like to get to the point where punative rules are a thing of the past. If we do have rules a nd regulations I would like to have said rules to increase difficulty down the line as we get more familiar with the version It may be interesting to set up some type of situation to increase difficlty and keep thinhgs fresh. Best of luck Gents....................................................MM

Re: Information and opinion on the new 4.6 version.

By MVRowner - League Admin
11/02/2021 11:03 am
From what I've seen after 2 preseason games in the MFN 30 league, QB runs are more likely to occur now in the 4.6 update, although so far I haven't seen a QB rush for more than 17 yards in one run and the leading QB rusher only has 27 yards. I've tried to calculate how many QB runs have occurred so far but the count is probably inaccurate because QB sacks also count as rushes.
So far, I haven't seen any of my QBs run at all but my QBs are slow so I can't really say if it's too overpowered or not. From what I can tell, it looks like the QBs that run the football are from the teams that allow the most sacks in the preseason so far but again, too early to tell, and it's so far not happened that often.
Last edited at 11/02/2021 11:11 am

By MVRowner - League Admin
11/02/2021 11:11 am
Either Offensive Linemen are ineffective, or the Defensive Linemen became super overpowered. In the regular season since I joined the league in the 2043 season all the way to the 2046 season, my QB was sacked 15 times in the 4 seasons I've been in the league. The most sacks I allowed in any of those seasons was 5 back in the 2043 season when I first joined. In the 2047 preseason, my QBs have been sacked a total of 6 times in 2 preseason games alone! I'll give the benefit of the doubt though, because I'm not starting all my starting OL for very long so it could be that but still, I don't remember having this much problems with sacks.
Last edited at 11/02/2021 11:20 am

By GrandadB
11/04/2021 4:11 pm
MVRowner wrote:
Either Offensive Linemen are ineffective, or the Defensive Linemen became super overpowered. In the regular season since I joined the league in the 2043 season all the way to the 2046 season, my QB was sacked 15 times in the 4 seasons I've been in the league. The most sacks I allowed in any of those seasons was 5 back in the 2043 season when I first joined. In the 2047 preseason, my QBs have been sacked a total of 6 times in 2 preseason games alone! I'll give the benefit of the doubt though, because I'm not starting all my starting OL for very long so it could be that but still, I don't remember having this much problems with sacks.

Sacks are def up large in 4.6, so you have to make adjustments for it, both in play selection and roster. OL ratings & attributes have increased in importance. Sack leaders in last season of MFN-1 Bleeding Beta had 20+ sacks.

By GrandadB
11/04/2021 4:15 pm
Cudos to Admiral and Seth for posting and contributing to this thread on 4.6

https://lol.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/565?page=2#3616

By Meatmen
12/16/2021 8:20 pm
PART 1 ; PUNT BLOCKS

This link will take you to a cople of posts on punt blpcks. Seth and raidergreg shared about their expeiriences in 4.6 so far. OF THE PUNT BLOCKS THAT STILL EXIST . It seems they are due to gameplanning/GM error. NOT HAVING A PUNTER wil get you blocked punts and, as a bonus, I will be sending you a PM giving you 1 sim to get your act together.

Another eason is Punt Timing, or just having a punter that S***s. I am not saying that it's 100% that the punt blocks are done ans over. If you see any violations of this rule (or any other) just PM me or warthog (haed of OPPs) or your conference rep. .............................................................MM

https://bigdata.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/3?page=4#560

Last edited at 12/17/2021 2:59 pm

By Meatmen
12/16/2021 8:48 pm
While the punt block is Hopefiully a thing of the past the practce of players out of position is stillin question There is data to back it up and a few of our GMs have been first hand witnesses. I will be shring some data i a bit.

Just let me say this much. This is a low brow, no good, double dealin, way to play this or any game. It will NOT fly in this league, under any circumstance! You get caught once apologize and move on You get caught twice and you ae out of Paydirt for the rest of the season. I will ask for and listen to the advice of the head of OPPs, the conference reps and/or the competition committee should one of us be the offender that GM forfits his opinion. The descision will be soley mine as to protect my leadership team. It should be know rthat they are my eyes and ears, and make up a good part of my brain as well. I listen to their wisdom bc no on can know it all.

Offensive players on offense and defensive players of defense. I am also stiil weaiting to hear from many of you about weight restrictions & do we want to comtinue to let the RB at RB policy continue in 4.6? some of you that have some $.6 experience can shed your ow light o this issued, plz do.

The usual suspects are active, seeking, possibly finding the first exploit. Exploits wont fly here, so if you hear of one, use it in your other leagues. I want to enjoy the game as well and not be a babysitter but someone that can help with game/team issues, nurture you and then shve you out of the nest to fall to your deaths. BWhahahahaha. have fun guys..............................................MM

** the have fun statement wa stickly a southwestern pensylvanian vernacular reference to a group of people and had no intentions to disparage or discriminate against anyone anywhere, anyhow, accept for possibly Rosie O'donnell. **
Last edited at 12/16/2021 8:48 pm

By Meatmen
12/17/2021 3:00 pm
Meatmen wrote:
PART 1 ; PUNT BLOCKS

This link will take you to a cople of posts on punt blpcks. Seth and raidergreg shared about their expeiriences in 4.6 so far. OF THE PUNT BLOCKS THAT STILL EXIST . It seems they are due to gameplanning/GM error. NOT HAVING A PUNTER wil get you blocked punts and, as a bonus, I will be sending you a PM giving you 1 sim to get your act together.

Another eason is Punt Timing, or just having a punter that S***s. I am not saying that it's 100% that the punt blocks are done ans over. If you see any violations of this rule (or any other) just PM me or warthog (haed of OPPs) or your conference rep. .............................................................MM

https://bigdata.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/3?page=4#560

By Meatmen - League Admin
12/16/2021 6:48 pm
While the punt block is Hopefiully a thing of the past the practce of players out of position is stillin question There is data to back it up and a few of our GMs have been first hand witnesses. I will be shring some data i a bit.

Just let me say this much. This is a low brow, no good, double dealin, way to play this or any game. It will NOT fly in this league, under any circumstance! You get caught once apologize and move on You get caught twice and you ae out of Paydirt for the rest of the season. I will ask for and listen to the advice of the head of OPPs, the conference reps and/or the competition committee should one of us be the offender that GM forfits his opinion. The descision will be soley mine as to protect my leadership team. It should be know rthat they are my eyes and ears, and make up a good part of my brain as well. I listen to their wisdom bc no on can know it all.

Offensive players on offense and defensive players of defense. I am also stiil weaiting to hear from many of you about weight restrictions & do we want to comtinue to let the RB at RB policy continue in 4.6? some of you that have some $.6 experience can shed your ow light o this issued, plz do.

The usual suspects are active, seeking, possibly finding the first exploit. Exploits wont fly here, so if you hear of one, use it in your other leagues. I want to enjoy the game as well and not be a babysitter but someone that can help with game/team issues, nurture you and then shve you out of the nest to fall to your deaths. BWhahahahaha. have fun guys..............................................MM

** the have fun statement wa stickly a southwestern pensylvanian vernacular reference to a group of people and had no intentions to disparage or discriminate against anyone anywhere, anyhow, accept for possibly Rosie O'donnell. **
Last edited at 12/16/2021 6:48 pm
Last edited at 12/17/2021 3:01 pm

By Meatmen
12/17/2021 3:11 pm
PART 2; PLAYERS OUT OF POSITION & FIRST ROUND OF EXPLOITS
and yes people Exploits have begun before Paydirt and the usual suspects are at the heart of the matter. whew.....will it NEVER END? EVERY ONE should read and consider this post carefully.........do we want to do something rule wise. I really lke seth's proposal. What say you?

https://bigdata.myfootballnow.com/forums/1/94?page=1

By IoanBlood
12/18/2021 2:04 pm
My opinion:

Only rule which should be fixed at the moment is to have a QB, a P and a K active on every regular match day.
Reason is to avoid tanking on purpose.
Secondary effect is NO DISCUSSION about punt blocks which might happen like in real NFL but WILL happen if you have a non-punter or a punter with abysmal punting skills.

All the other proposed rules should be put on hold until we have experience if they are needed or not.