1:2 CB Pace +12/-2
1:4 QB Lee +11/-13
1:7 QB Davis +15/0
1:8 FS Hill +12/-2
1:14 C Rogers +7/0

Re: 1974 Season

By Warthog
5/14/2018 11:51 am
My five draft picks combined for a -26 (-6, -13, 0, 0, -7). I get the whole volatility thing, but it seems that WAY more picks bomb than boom.

By Philliesworld
5/14/2018 12:54 pm
Solid class. As far as volatility is concerned. I think it works great. I just do not take big chances in the first several rounds.

WR Wesley Barnes 1.26 +12/0 Barnes is a good start rebuilding this talentless receiver core

LB Brian Tondreau 2.4 +8/-7 This was the worst bust. And the one I'd have least wanted to. But He'll still be a good player. Excellent speed and great man2man.

TE/FB/WR Andrew McNeely 3.15 +14/+3 Fast, very good blocker, and good hands. 5'9" is a bit scrawny for a TE, but that's where he'll get playing time for now.

WR/RB Jesse Arcuri 3.26 +1/0 Super fast, good dual wr/rb capabilities. Good route running, but could have struggles hauling the ball in at times.

CB/ST Thomas Daniels 3.28 +13/+4 A nice role player to add to to the secondary. Not starring in any particular category, though he can be downright frightening to receivers. Excellent special teams player.

DL Robert Cadwell 3.30 +2/-5 Caldwell was hoped to fill out the defendive line, but He'll struggle to stay of the chopping block.

WR/RB Jeffrey (Forget) Forgey 3.32 +8/+3 another fast dual wr/rb. Though he can be quite stupid at times.

RB/FB Bart Butler (or Fart Bumbler) 4.26 +10/+3 A special teams player. Bricks for hands will never allow I'm to be more than a nominal backup in the offense. Also doesn't know squid from squat.

CB Johnathon Stone 5.7 +10/+3 Converted from the d-line. Stone will be a raw project. But the potential is there. He's also another player known for his pure punishing meaness when playing as cover player.

By Gustoon
5/14/2018 12:55 pm
My entire draft bust, rebuild is going so well

By jouameng
5/14/2018 4:01 pm
I'm fairly happy with how my draft picks turned out after training camp.

1.1 Pick WR John Huff (+7/-5) - Having a desperate need at WR we knew we had to grab the best WR in this class and it was Huff by a mile. Although he busted he's still a top tier WR. Instantly slides in as the #1 WR in Carolina's offense.

1.2 Pick CB Darren Pace (+12/-4) - More of a luxury pick here but Carolina valued him as the best overall player in the class. Surprised he busted as much as he did especially with 0 VOL but he still should become a lock down corner after he finishes his transition. Just like Huff, Pace slides in as Carolina's #1 CB due to the fully developed M2M and high Punish.

1.7 Pick QB Miguel Davis (+13/+1) - Definitely hesitant to take Davis because he was so under developed at a majority of his skills and carrying a VOL of 72 didn't help. The need at QB was too great and the pick paid off. After training camp Davis finished with a fully developed Throwing Accuracy and Field of Vision. He should be a top QB in the league for years to come.

2.6 Pick TE Harold Johnson (+8/-6) - More of a luxury pick here as he was simply the best player on our board at the time. Would've been nice to see him boom but he should still develop into a capable starter one day.

2.16 Pick RT Patrick Lynch (+10/+3) - After trading away RT Jeffery Tobin in a deal to acquire WR Alex Bishop from Cleveland, we needed to find his replacement. Taking a chance on the best OL left in the class Lynch was our pick. With his high strength and maxed pass blocking potential he should be a nice replacement for Tobin.

4.2 Pick C Michael McKinney (+6/+1) - McKinney was the best player on the board with 100 Strength. Although his pass blocking is underwhelming, his run block skill is nearly maxed out. He should be a great back up and a serviceable starter when called upon.

4.27 Pick WR/RB Ellis Russell (+2/-1) Another player who seemed like a coveted swiss army knife, Ellis' original position was TE but should become a good back up RB behind Strickland.

4.30 Pick CB Gerald Hopkins (+13/+6) - Just a shot in the dark and a nice boom. Hopkins should become a good back up at the Saftey positions.

4.32 Pick WR Jack Nguyen (+4/-2) - Another dart throw in order to add depth to the WR core. Sadly he busted and probably will be cut.

5.26 Pick MLB Freddie Foster (+6/+5) - Simply trying to find depth at the MLB position we took a gamble on Foster and it paid off. With decent speed and high M2M he should be a capable backup.

6.22 Pick MLB Erik Grey (+5/+3) - Not knowing the fate of Foster's boom or bust we decided to double up and grab Grey. He also had a nice training camp and while is more of a project than Foster, could end up being just as good if not better.

6.27 Pick RT Raymond Fox (+1/-2) - Adding whatever depth we could to the OLine, we took a shot at Fox who ultimately busted. He'll be cut from the team.

7.20 Pick DT Hans Shelton (+10/+1) - Auto pick that never realistically even had a shot. Was cut before Training Camp.

By OffensiveTaco
5/14/2018 4:39 pm
Philliesworld wrote:
Solid class. As far as volatility is concerned. I think it works great. I just do not take big chances in the first several rounds.

WR Wesley Barnes 1.26 +12/0 Barnes is a good start rebuilding this talentless receiver core

LB Brian Tondreau 2.4 +8/-7 This was the worst bust. And the one I'd have least wanted to. But He'll still be a good player. Excellent speed and great man2man.
I liked your draft very much, I thought you did really well in the selection process, good job! I also thought Jacksonville had a good draft too, You guys did it in the AFC

TE/FB/WR Andrew McNeely 3.15 +14/+3 Fast, very good blocker, and good hands. 5'9" is a bit scrawny for a TE, but that's where he'll get playing time for now.

WR/RB Jesse Arcuri 3.26 +1/0 Super fast, good dual wr/rb capabilities. Good route running, but could have struggles hauling the ball in at times.

CB/ST Thomas Daniels 3.28 +13/+4 A nice role player to add to to the secondary. Not starring in any particular category, though he can be downright frightening to receivers. Excellent special teams player.

DL Robert Cadwell 3.30 +2/-5 Caldwell was hoped to fill out the defendive line, but He'll struggle to stay of the chopping block.

WR/RB Jeffrey (Forget) Forgey 3.32 +8/+3 another fast dual wr/rb. Though he can be quite stupid at times.

RB/FB Bart Butler (or Fart Bumbler) 4.26 +10/+3 A special teams player. Bricks for hands will never allow I'm to be more than a nominal backup in the offense. Also doesn't know squid from squat.

CB Johnathon Stone 5.7 +10/+3 Converted from the d-line. Stone will be a raw project. But the potential is there. He's also another player known for his pure punishing meaness when playing as cover player.

I liked your draft very much, yours and Jacksonville were really good in the AFC
Last edited at 5/14/2018 4:42 pm

By DJSim22
5/14/2018 6:26 pm
Gustoon wrote:
My entire draft bust, rebuild is going so well

I had one small +4 and one even, the other 9 busted and almost half them have already been cut. Most picks were late with high vol, but no luck.

By jgcruz
5/14/2018 6:58 pm
Worst overall draft ever! But at least we're all in the same boat. Very few booms - a lot of busts. Game planning becomes more important.

By jabillups85
5/14/2018 7:37 pm
Eloy Laplante WLB 2-14 37 69 3/-4
Eric Weiss SLB 2-17 55 77 16/6
Chuck Rogers FS 4-6 32 73 3/1
Kenneth Dunn K 4-23 53 87 6/-1
Charles Anderson LG 6-17 30 47 3/2
David Perry RG 7-18 31 62 5/5

Fairly Happy with this group. +37/+9

By trslick