Seattle Seahawks sends:
William Brandt (WR)
Terry Ledoux (TE)
1976 Round 4
1977 Round 3

Denver Broncos sends:
Robert Ware (WR)
Raymond White (RDE)

(This is an automated message. If you believe this trade warrants additional investigation, please contact the league admin.)

Re: Completed Trade: Seattle Seahawks and Denver Broncos

By jgcruz
6/03/2018 2:42 am
Denver is now a projected $20M over the cap to start next season. Stay tuned.

By greyghost1225
6/03/2018 10:23 am
Yeah it sucks the let this team get managed previously like it did. If you stalked the previous like you are me, it probably wouldn’t have happened. Lol

By jgcruz
6/03/2018 10:36 am
Not stalking - just paying attention to a division rival.

Second, IMO the previous GM made significant progress last season in terms of competitiveness.

Third, I have warned two other GMs about cap issues previously. Their combines records this season is 1-7 as they struggle to right their ships.

Fourth, you might actually be doing the right thing for your team long term. But in my experience, blowing up a roster wholesale in one season rarely works as a rebuild is a slow process.

Fifth, I hope you stay around long enough to see your process through. Sadly, most GMs who think they can do wonders in a season or two seemingly get frustrated and leave the league and their mess to the next unfortunate GM.

Sixth, I noticed that you're an active GM for about 15 teams. With all due respect, unless this is a full-time job for you, I don't see how you can do justice to the principal aspect of MFN - game planning.

Seventh, I hope you prove me wrong.
Last edited at 6/03/2018 10:41 am

By greyghost1225
6/03/2018 10:50 am
If you look at my history in regards to mfn you will see this...not my first time in the rodeo. I take over crappy teams in leagues for a reason. I have spent many seasons in leagues for the exact reasons you specified. This isn’t a quick rebuild and I am not treating it as such. The only way to fix this team is pull off the band aid. I don’t consider signing 32 and 33 year olds to max contracts in both salary and years a good decision for the franchise. It may have worked in the short term, but buries future owners coming in. I am willing to make the moves necessary and do the suffering until the franchise becomes respectable on a season by season basis. If that doesn’t qualify me to be an owner in this league kick me out now.

By Beercloud
6/03/2018 10:54 am
This completes the trade restriction between Seattle and Denver

By jgcruz
6/03/2018 11:43 am
greyghost1225 wrote:
If you look at my history in regards to mfn you will see this...not my first time in the rodeo. I take over crappy teams in leagues for a reason. I have spent many seasons in leagues for the exact reasons you specified. This isn’t a quick rebuild and I am not treating it as such. The only way to fix this team is pull off the band aid. I don’t consider signing 32 and 33 year olds to max contracts in both salary and years a good decision for the franchise. It may have worked in the short term, but buries future owners coming in. I am willing to make the moves necessary and do the suffering until the franchise becomes respectable on a season by season basis. If that doesn’t qualify me to be an owner in this league kick me out now.

No, it's not your first rodeo. Considering you've quit more leagues than you're currently in, this is about your 35th rodeo.

My comments/advice are and were intended to be helpful. I dare say I've counseled one or two GMs who were then new to MFN and are now better GMs than I. I know also know I'm not the smartest GM in the game, but at least my team is almost always competitive. Finally, please bear in mind that all I'm trying to do is to keep the league competitive - which is the only way GMs stay around..

Anyway, GL with the rebuild. You won't be hearing from me anymore about it.

By greyghost1225
6/03/2018 11:58 am
You are correct about the leagues. In some cases I moved on due to the franchises being turned around. In others due to lack of participation. There is not one owner that has been in a league with me that will say I am not competitive. I have not became the great mentor like you have, but I do get an occasional pm inviting me to be in a league. When it comes to me running my teams, I will do it as I see fit. If it doesn’t work within the parameters of the league, the league the option to boot me. If I want advice I know many owners to go to. Good luck.

By Gustoon
6/03/2018 7:01 pm
According to jdb this should not be allowed to happen any longer

By greyghost1225
6/03/2018 7:02 pm
Which part?