League Forums

Main - Team News

Re: Kansa City Star

By OffensiveTaco
9/28/2019 11:32 am
Shoot MM, that was a lot of meat on the bone in your story there! That ain’t no lil chicken wing of a story either!...... i’m sure Lamar Hunt will eventually see eye to eye with you, it’s what all of us GM’s have to go through with the owner, it’s called being the ***** LOL

By Meatmen
1/08/2020 5:43 am
Kansa CityStar
September 4th, 1982

Hey there sports fans, Its good to be back! I survived my year suspension toiling away writing obituaries and public notices. When last we met, I was off to to the second part of my face to face with Meatman. Everyone in the chiefs nation knows that scenario didn't end well. A disaster on all accounts ended in in broken furniture, liquor bottles, a little blood, and a trip to jail for myself and cousin Meatman.
Can't pick your family.

All that is behind us and our interaction is relegated to phone and vidoe chats. My boss and Mr. Hunt were not amused! A new season is upon us and there is much to report and speculate about. My last report had Meatman answering an urgent phone call from owner Lamar Hunt and Coach Graham.....that phone call was key to the future of the Chiefs. It is no secret that meatman would like to replace the 59 year old coach. Meatmen wold like to draft a team with a coach that is going to be around to actually coach the young talent. Despite a 144-39 regular season record and 7 trips to the post season in 11 years. 2 WC 4 Division championships 2 trips to the Super bowl (11-7) Meat still wants a younger coach. He offered an Idea to the Hunt's to move Graham to the front office and was shot down. Seems Lamar Hunt and Coach Graham had different Ideas.

After a dismal season last year that saw the Chiefs sink to 8-8. The Chiefs backed into the post season grabbing their ankles on wild card weekend eliminated yet again by the Chargers. something changed. Perhaps Mr. Hunt had an epiphany or noticed what Meatman is doing with the Shockers in Paydirt B. Suddenly, conferences were held and rumblings of a new approach were heard coming from Arrowhead. The slow and steady approach was given a bit of a kick in the pants. Meat was quoted at the Superbowl “ We (front office) need to get this rebuild underway NOW...I don't want to spend 3 or 4 years on this task. This team is starved for new blood and needs an update in our coaching and management styles. We have a proud history and tradition but if we don't move forward it means nothing”
Just like that! Plans for the Ring of Honor were scrapped and the all decade team was never announced as the focus was on a the future. Meat went hog wild trading for draft picks and then trading them away. Made a few picks and moved some to the future late in the draft. Traded for WR Toby Jonson who wasn't around long enough for his coffee to get cold...mad some pretty fair picks I the draft and THEN............

Today a day that will certainly live in infamy. The Chiefs traded home town favorite Walter “The Ace” Acevado to Carolina for Miguel ”BIG DEAL” Davis and CB Joseph Burt. Talent wise I'm thinking the Chiefs made out. Carolina needed to cut salaries and had a small chance at resigning Davis or Burt. I'm puzzeled, it is well known that Charles Woods is Meatman's choice for the future..he was never really thrilled with Acevado. He was coach Graham's choice. It's a bold move. One has to wonder if meat signs Davis and spends what will likely be 70 million or is he just insurance in case Woods fails to produce. Davis could bring other much needed veteran players IF he can be traded. If not/, do you invest the 70 million or let him go to FA? Woods is unproven. He has been limited to handing the ball off late in games and in limited preseason action has not been overly productive. One can only speculate that Meatman now has the upper hand over coach Graham will we see a changing of the guard? This was more than likely going to be his last season as Head Coach as he has been hinting at a front office job.

One thing is for certain the Chiefs are on the move and looking for fresh meat. There is still along way to go and if this is any indication of what's in store. It's gonna be a WILD ride.
Meatman ...HERO OR GOAT?

Robert Cunningham
Sports editoragain.

By Meatmen
7/21/2021 7:43 pm
Kansa CityStar
July 21st, 2021

It's been awile since I have been so inspired to write. As with most of you, covid just wore us down and at times I felt threatened that things would never be the same. It was something even old guys like me had never seen. I cut my "fun" time waaaay back. Well, F*** Covid! It seems we are begining to get back to normal on a large scale. I feel there is time in my life to engage (somewhat) engage in Fantasy. I will not only return to a weekly update for Paydirt but begin posting on behalf of the Chiefs loacl Newspaper Kansas City Star and crack repoert R Cunningham, Meatmans bigest critic! Enjoy.

Spots Editor
R Cunningham

By OffensiveTaco
7/22/2021 3:27 pm
What are the odds of the Kansas City Chiefs going to the Super Bowl this season?

By Meatmen
7/22/2021 3:30 pm
OffensiveTaco wrote:
What are the odds of the Kansas City Chiefs going to the Super Bowl this season?

128 to 1...................................................MM

By OffensiveTaco
7/23/2021 11:27 pm
LOL
Nice to see an optimistic buzz from the Kansas City faithful

By Meatmen
8/03/2021 5:00 am
Kansas City Star
Training Camp 1990

A new decade in Kansas City Chiefs history? More of the same old rotting Meat(man)? Only time will tell. There isn't much time left on the clock for Meatman. Rumors and rumblings of his demise have been circulating for several season now. The writing is scrawled on the wall in Chiefs red. Win or get out! Chiefs nation suffered though the 80's in silent shame. The '79 loss in the super bowl was swept away as the Chiefs went 14-2 in 1980 to begin the decade. Only to get KO'd by division rival Denver in the conference championship game. After stumbling and bumbling through 2 mediocre seasons (8-8 & 9-7) the Chiefs and their fearless leader seemed to forget how to win. Putting up 7 straight seasons of absolutely terrible football to cap a horrendous decade.

Meatmans battles with the management the head coach were well documented. He battled the press and fans alike. If I had to put my finger on one thing that I believed was the turning point...Hmmm, I would say it was trading way QB Walter Acevado. Coach hand picked d him in the draft, Owner Lamar Hunt loved the guy like a son, Meatman never really took to him Preferring QB Woods? A fan favorite from the start Acevedo put up numbers only seen back in the day when Jimmy Chow led the Chiefs to their only League Championship. It hurt worse as “the ace”took the Panthers to a league championship 2 seasons later. Meanwhile hs replacement “big deal” Davis struggled to get to .500, then when trade to Atlanta won 2 league championships. Woods floundered throwing more interceptions than touchdowns and Mullins was hastily inserted as a stopgap. We traded for the young (1:32/1984) prospect James Curtis who has yet to complete a full season without getting benched for (YEP) you guessed it, interceptions!. He hasn't quite lived up to his 1:billing yet. Meat is intent on making that happen? We will see. I do know Lamar Hunt is backing the veteran Jurgens as the starter. Hunt made that acquisition personally and it's sticking in meatmans craw like a undigested bit of Kansas City BBQ. At least Jurgens seemed to pump some life into the team after taking over in weeek 9 he tossed 21 Tds and actually put up 33 points vs the League champs! **** we were even in striking distance until mid 4th quarter!

Quarterbacks don't make a whole team. There where other factors at work as well a blown draft or two, bad trades and poor attitude on Meats part led to the team finally imploding the past year. Just when things were starting to loo like we might turn the corner. Our once proud offensive line slipped into retirement and the Chiefs offense went with it! Young Curtis had no clue and the 11 week injury to #1 WR Danny Breeze sent the Chiefs reeling. Couple that with or 2 best Corners retiring in '88 and our all-pro WLB retiring in '89 and we ended up Swiss cheese Defense that gave up 419 points and allowed 360+ yards per game. It's meatmans job to see this coming and take steps to fix it.

It's almost too late for the meatwad. Even with the help of fries and shake he may be too far down to save his job. Word is he is looking at other towns just in case. Maybe it's time for the winds of change to blow through Kansas City? Maybe things will turn around? I it seems like I am down on meatman well your right. Someone needs to try and wake him up. Stay tuned sports fans!

R Cunningham
Sports editor

Last edited at 8/03/2021 5:01 am

By Meatmen
12/14/2021 8:40 am
BREAKING NEWS ...........................................

Lamar Hunt annonced that after the next bottle of Johnny Walker Black he would be selling the Kansas City Chiefs, after a change of diapers he changed his mind and sai that Meatman's comtract would not be renewed. This tidbit comes as rumors circulate taht Meatman has been seen w' Tommy Lee, Nikki Sixx & Kid Rock at strip clubs in the LA area ??? Is it the end for Meatwad in KC? Is there life for a GM after QB James Curtis? What kind of diapers did/does Lamar Hunt wear? Will Meatman's dog ever be truly free???? These and other question to be answered in the 1992 season. Hereby named " Bastille Day ".;...........................................................MM
Last edited at 12/14/2021 10:23 am