League Forums

Main - League Help

Next year?

By Mcbolt55
3/21/2024 4:43 am
Might be jumping out of line here, but MFN has certainly taken a hit since the subscription update. Total members might not be down all that much, but members with multiple teams certainly has, so almost every league has vacancies to fill. Under old rules most of these leagues would be facing deletion. Getting to the point here, I promise. Perhaps it is time for various league admin to consider dusting off the “merger” policies and exploring what exactly that involves? I mention this because I know one league I play in has its admin considering stepping down/out, and this league is almost on the exact same schedule. I had unofficially offered to step in for admin in LoL, but as we approach the endgame my own legacy credits are starting to dwindle and I am having a hard time justifying paying what it takes to admin multiple leagues AND blocking pop ups AND waiting/hoping for improvements. Just kinda spitting it all out there right now, but if Paydirt and Legends would be open to a merger, how does that work and would we have something closer to a full league after the fallout? Beast Mode is a little further behind in terms of season schedule, but if god forbid these other 2 leagues fold or lose admin, I would gladly welcome any remaining refugees to that league as well. Just need to wait a little longer for its season/playoffs to conclude.

Re: Next year?

By Warthog
3/21/2024 2:49 pm
FWIW, I am leaving Paydirt after this season. Merger or not, I am not keeping this team. Been here from the start so this is a somewhat sad development.

By MVRowner - League Admin
3/21/2024 6:35 pm
I’ve reached out to Lemon97, if I take admin of Paydirt, I would like to combine our leagues.

By Mcbolt55
3/21/2024 7:55 pm
I thought mergers had actually happened in the past, but I can’t find any proof of that now. As for owners simply moving to another league, that already happens. But then again, a lot of people in Legends are the same managers in Paydirt (and Beast Mode for that matter). It’s turning into a zero sum game where instead of 2 or 3 half filled leagues, we might end up with one 3/4 full. Personally I couldn’t choose which of my 3 “dynasty” teams to keep if discarding the other 2. It’s like a parent admitting to having a favorite child. No matter what, something has to give and there won’t be any going back. Beyond the handful of leagues that have remained full, I fear this is the end of the line of a lot hard work building legacies that were ultimately meaningless. I hope I’m wrong, I really do, but the clock is ticking on jdb and it might already be too late.