League Forums

Main - Team News

Mountain Dew Presents: The Tennessee Tip

By 50051139
2/27/2019 4:49 pm
1978 is in full force and for the Titans this is no different. For starters Mountain Dew a beverage that originated right here in Nashville Tennessee was happy to sponsor us for the next 2 seasons Hooray!!!!

In other news like many teams following the 4.4 engine offense was the focal point....except for us out of the 11 draft picks used only 4 were used to help the offense including Micah Nichols the young TE who is expected to see some solid playing time this year

Also today New DC George Knox was introduced, after spending the last 3 seasons as a HC (2 for Carolina and 1 In Arizona) Knox was happy to step down from the spotlight and return to where he says his roots lie the Defense. Though Knox has only been introduced today he was present during the draft and was noted as the driving force behind GM 500 deciding to trade into the first round for none other then SLB Charles Dunn.
"The kid is a future star, " Knox was quoted when asked why this was the man for the pick.

Finally New HC Wiley Sepulveda was introduced today. Wiley was most known for his time working as the Packers OC for the past 3 years. Wiley is happy getting his first shot at being a head coach and claims there's not a better team to take on then an inspiring Titans team. Wiley was also not present at the Draft, but did note he was on the phone with GM 500 about several low round prospects.

When we asked GM 500 on how he felt about this draft he noted that a lot was riding on this draft when it came to finding low round players and that this season will shape how the titans could enter the 80s.

well a lot is going on and for one i am thirsty so im going to open a can of mountain Dew and head of to sleep. This has been Anonymous with your Tennessee tip ;)

Re: Mountain Dew Presents: The Tennessee Tip

By 50051139
3/21/2019 8:05 pm
Terrible Trouble in Tennessee ?

Somebody let the Mountain Dew sit out too long because there is absolutely nothing popping off after a disastrous 0-3 start to the 1978 season. Injuries have devastated both the defensive and offensive lines causing the Linebackers to pickup the slack in a horrendous run defense through 3 games. Meanwhile the offense has gone from EH to completely incompetent. Henry Smith the former Redskins Legend has became the Eli Manning of Paydirt making most fans wanting the release before its too late.

Henry Smith is currently completing a career low 48% of his passes with 4 TD and 4 INT.

The only case Smith has had is that for some odd reason none of the receivers understand how to play football since the move to 4.5 from the drop passes to the inability to locate the ball all together leaving the question if they should all just retire while they still have their dignity.

I also should mention that the offensive line has found their new hobby of holding every time something big happens on offense which in turn the defense has decided to up the stakes with countless Pass interference call anytime they get a 3rd down stop.

With all these issues it seems that nothing is clicking for the defending AFC South Champs and when we tried to speak with GM 500 about what changes will happen to fix this all we got were two simple words : Stay Patient

Well Hopefully things turn around soon or we assume the inevitable will happen The TEARDOWN This has been frustrated Annonymous with your Tennessee Tip

By 50051139
3/23/2019 8:21 am
GM 500 Announces Code Red Against Upcoming Texans

Today's Post Is brought to you by Mountain Dew's Flavor Code Red.

GM 500 made it well known during midweek workouts that the team is heading into a Code Red situation. What does this mean you may ask ? According to 500 this means the team is in a must win situation against one of the suprising risers in the 4.5 era, The Houston Texans.

GM 500 noted that the toughest games of the season, for the most part, are now behind them. Having faced 4 division winners and both Superbowl Participants in the first 4 weeks has produced many uneasy feelings throughout the locker room. GM 500 also told the players that he is not surprised by the outcomes of the games, but the lack of effort and trusts them to begin a positive trend upwards.

It should be noted that for the first time this season (according the engine) the Titans are favored to come out with a victory though again they face a 3-1 Hot hand team.

We finally asked GM 500 his expectations of the Game in which he replied, "I have respect for all teams, but like most would have said about us last year who have they actually beat that is good. A less then stellar Cardinals team, A rebuilding Rams team, and A rebuilding Colts team who is coming off a 3-13 season with a bunch of undeveloped young players. I mean no disrespect but lets be real I like our odds."

Personally I found his words shocking considering the record but in these days lighting a spark may just be what the Titans need. I'm anonymous cracking open a code red with your Tennessee Tip
Last edited at 3/23/2019 8:23 am

By OffensiveTaco
3/27/2019 8:19 pm
Yeah well, the Titans used to be the Oilers in the great state of Texas.........
We will see how this one plays out......GL to both teams, I’ll tune in and watch this barnburner!

By jgcruz
3/28/2019 12:00 pm
50051139 wrote:
GM 500 Announces Code Red Against Upcoming Texans

"We finally asked GM 500 his expectations of the Game in which he replied, "I have respect for all teams, but like most would have said about us last year who have they actually beat that is good. A less then stellar Cardinals team, A rebuilding Rams team, and A rebuilding Colts team who is coming off a 3-13 season with a bunch of undeveloped young players. I mean no disrespect but lets be real I like our odds."

Them's fightin' words if I ever heard 'em. ;-)

By 50051139
4/10/2019 10:59 am
As i sat and pondered finally bringing an update to all of our subscribers here at the Tennessee Tip i realized that there is simply nothing going on for our beloved Titans. GM 500 has almost seemingly dissipated from the front office and practices with rumors even spreading that he took a mid-season vacation. Now sitting at 1-11 on the year the titans have no lifeline visible. Rumors are beginning to spread that several coaches are on the chopping block and could see the ax before the end of the year. We continue to try and reach out to the Titans in which we continue to be given the same response "no comment". Players have also gone cold with very few players speaking to the media. Meanwhile fans have begun to petition for the firing of GM 500 who decided not to fix the offense this past season seemed to backfire completely.

We will continue to follow these stories as they develop from your favorite annonymous source this has been another Tennessee Tip

By OffensiveTaco
4/10/2019 5:23 pm
Turn it around........I know you can do it

By 50051139
4/24/2019 8:59 pm
Breaking News

Head Coach Wiley Sepulveda has supposedly been fired according to an inside source.

By 50051139
4/29/2019 7:19 pm
Titans Hold Emergency Postseason Meeting

While the League Congrats the latest Superbowl Champions, (Cleveland Browns) GM 500 chose to do something unconventional by requiring all personal to attend an emergency offseason Meeting only 1 day after the superbowl. According to my sources the Meeting lasted nearly 4 hours in which im hearing multiple players, staff and others were told they would not be returning in 1979. While News broke earlier on that HC Wiley would not be returning, it seems that GM 500 is ready to recapture the light in the bottle and return the titans to the playoffs as soon as possible.

My intel has told me that 17 players will either be cut or heading on the market with little chance of returning for 2019. The Titans have also began in-house interviews for the Head coaching position.

"Its been a tough year, but my head is clear" GM 500 was quoted in his first interview since week 4. "We are cleaning house, even the playbooks have made it to the trash."

Well it seems things will be heating up this offseason and with free agency just hours away expect the Titans to go swimming.

This has been your favorite anonymous source with your Tennessee Tip

By 50051139
5/03/2019 8:13 pm
Hope with Houk

Titans score their next starting QB with the Chargers Legend and future Hall of fame candidate Raymond Houk. Houk was acquired after 3 days of trade discussions between the Chargers and your Titans. Houk is notable for his time with Chargers helping them to multiple conference finals appearances including an appearence in Super Bowl VII. Houk has been the starting QB for the Chargers since the league began back in 1970.

In the coming days we will attempt to sit down with Raymond Houk about the sudden trade and his hopes with the Titans

this is annonymous with a Breaking News alert

Ps Houk will face his former Team on Nov. 18 in San Diego
Last edited at 5/03/2019 8:15 pm