League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Rules

By jgcruz
6/10/2020 12:43 pm
I asked Beercloud to forward any rules which he had. The following is his response. We’ll have a discussion about them AFTER the season is over in terms of changes, deletions or additions. Nevertheless, we’ll try to abide by them until then - at least the spirit if not the letter. That is, other than firing GMs - which will be deferred until after next season.

If any GM is interested, please consider how you can actively participate in helping to operate the league.

Beercloud’s reply:

I got rid of all that stuff. I ck'd the forums and only found the Paydirt B rules which were lite.

Let me see if I can remember off the top of my head and then you guys can go over them to smooth them out. This is gonna test my brain but here i go. lol

Injuries
were set @ 100%

League Structure
Commish (1)

Head of Football Operations - HFO (1)
a) appointed by the Commish (no term limit)

Public Relations Director (1)
a) appointed by the Commish (no term limit)
b) can have an assistant appointed by the Commish, HOF or PR director(no term limit)
c) PR is the Forum Mod.
d) In charge of league articles, league recruiting, and promoting the league in the main forums.
e) Has a vote in the season end awards and HoF ballots.

AFC Rep (1)
a) Voted in by the AFC GMs only every 3 seasons
b) Reps can run for the position as many times as they like.

NFC Rep (1)
a) Voted in by the NFC GMs only every 3 seasons
b) Reps can run for the position as many times as they like.

Competition Committee (3) + Commish for tie breakers
a) consists of both league reps and the HFO
b) legal votes are Approve - Reject - Abstain
c) they vote on trade reviews, HoF candidates and rule proposals.
d) they vote on year end awards (mvp, opy, dpy, roy, gm and rookie gm of the year)
e) AFC and NFC Reps term year begins mid week 1 and ends pre-season week 4.
f) Voting begins end of season stage and ends @ the draft day 1 stage.

Trades:
2 trade rule:
a) A team can only trade with each team in the league twice per season.
b) From FA1 to the end season stage.
c) Any GM can request a trade review.
1) The request must be made in that particular trades thread or to the Commish or HFO via pm. And within 24hrs of the time stamp that the trade was made.
2) Once a trade review is requested all assets in the trade are frozen for 24hrs. That clock doesn't start until the Commish posts in that thread that the trade is under review.
d) CC has 24 hrs from the time stamp of the Commish granting the trade request in the thread. If a CC member has not voted in that time frame his vote automatically goes to an abstain vote.
e) majority rules and ties are broken by the Commish.

First Round Pick Restrictions
a) a team must always show at least 1 first round pick on their team card under future picks.

Hire n Fire Rule
( you guys already have this posted in the Help section but I include here anyway.

1) GM's could get fired for under-performing , a winless season or for league conduct violations.
2) Once fired they would go to the back of the waiting list.
3) No more than 3 GM's can be fired in a given season. And at least one if there is someone on the waiting list.
4) New GM's can't be fired in their first 3 seasons unless they have 2 winless seasons in that time frame or have 3 league conduct violations.

There are several ways to determine when a GM can normally be fired.
A) If they have a winless season.
B) If they have 3 consecutive seasons with less than 5 wins
C) If they have 4 consecutive seasons with less than 7 wins
D) If they have 5 consecutive seasons under .500
E) If they have 6 consecutive seasons not making the playoffs
F) If a GM takes over a playoff team and miss the playoffs for 3 consecutive seasons.
G) 3 League Conduct violations.
H) No GM can be fired in their first 3 seasons with exception of rule 4.
I) If no one is on the waiting list each GM will retain their tenure with exception of rule G.
J) Once a GM is fired from their team they may not be hired by that same team for 3 seasons. They may be hired by another team at any time, determined by the waiting list.

Waiting List:
a) First com first serve basis.
b) Fired GM's go to the back of the list.
c) When a team opens up waiting list GMs are contacted in the order they are in.
d) Once a GM comes off the list all others on the list move up with new recruits fall in behind.

Re: Rules

By jgcruz
6/10/2020 1:02 pm
In addition to the rules posted above, below are the rules relative to position changes:

Position Limits

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular or post season which deviates from the following:

1. RB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

2. FB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB or TE.

3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman.

4. WR may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE.

6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is a defensive lineman who weighs at least 276 lbs.

7. LB may only include players whose primary position is LB or S.

8. S may only include players whose primary position is S, CB or LB.

9. CB may only include players whose primary position is CB, S or LB.

10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations.

Any deviation from this rule shall result in the immediate removal of the offending GM from the Paydirt Football League (PFL), who shall be prohibited from rejoining PFL for a period of not less than 30 days, and otherwise at the discretion of the League Administrator or by the vote of a majority of GMs.
Last edited at 8/01/2020 8:02 pm

By jgcruz
6/10/2020 1:08 pm
Last, but not least, additional trade guidelines.

You may make a trade with another team until the trading deadline of Week 8. There is a limit of three trades between any two teams per season. New accounts are restricted from making trades until they are 30 days old.

By jgcruz
8/01/2020 7:59 pm
The following rules are added effective immediately:

HofF nominations and vote is open to all GMs.

DE position is limited to players who weigh at least 276 lbs.

The Trade Meter will be turned off.

By Androwski
8/02/2020 8:21 am
jgcruz wrote:
The following rules are added effective immediately:

HofF nominations and vote is open to all GMs.

DE position is limited to players who weigh at least 276 lbs.

The Trade Meter will be turned off.

The last two are huge. Hope my 3rd round pick can gain the weight he needs now.

By jgcruz
8/02/2020 1:09 pm
Another GM has the same dilemma. This was my response to him:

“Thanks for asking.

Our overall goal is to prevent GMs from exploiting a glitch in the code, by inserting LBers or DBs on the defensive line. Because you drafted the player at that position, as opposed to changing his position to DE, you may keep him there. He might ultimately gain weight anyway.

Good luck with the player. “

By CrazyRazor
8/02/2020 7:34 pm
jgcruz wrote:

“Thanks for asking.

Our overall goal is to prevent GMs from exploiting a glitch in the code, by inserting LBers or DBs on the defensive line. Because you drafted the player at that position, as opposed to changing his position to DE, you may keep him there. He might ultimately gain weight anyway.

Why not just bench the players until they meet the weight requirement. Just a thought.

By jgcruz
8/02/2020 9:11 pm
CrazyRazor wrote:
jgcruz wrote:

“Thanks for asking.

Why not just bench the players until they meet the weight requirement. Just a thought.

The player might not gain weight (but likely will). Regardless, the GM has not intentionally gamed the system and should not be penalized. Thanks for the input - always appreciated.

By setherick
8/12/2020 9:44 pm
Players on average gain/lose 50 pounds. So if you want to make an LB a 276# DE it's going to take ~1/2 the season.

At the most, the player is going to gain ~10-20 pounds at camp, which will get them up to the 250-260 range. After that they gain at most 7 pounds per week. And this is the top range.

More likely the player is going to 3-4 pounds per week, which will mean 8 weeks to get up to weight after camp.

This is purely observational data.

By setherick
8/15/2020 7:44 am
Just realized that RB is not included in the allowed positions for TE. But since WR is there, I assume RB is allowed, right? The reason I ask is because I like to play my H-Back at RB.
Last edited at 8/15/2020 7:45 am