By setherick
10/15/2022 11:32 am
Are there any position rules with 4.6?

Re: Rules

By Warthog
10/15/2022 12:13 pm
setherick wrote:

Let's just say that this is the stated list of position rules, but, I know I haven't been checking up on anyone to make sure they are complying with these.

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular or post season which deviates from the following:

1. RB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

2. FB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB or TE.

3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman.

4. WR may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR.

5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE.

6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is a defensive lineman who weighs at least 276 lbs.

7. LB may only include players whose primary position is LB or S.

8. S may only include players whose primary position is S, CB or LB.

9. CB may only include players whose primary position is CB, S or LB.

10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations.

By Mcbolt55
10/15/2022 12:51 pm
Thanks for the refresher, I might have violated a couple of these. Not anymore.

By Legendruthless
10/17/2022 8:20 am
Warthog wrote:
setherick wrote:

Let's just say that this is the stated list of position rules, but, I know I haven't been checking up on anyone to make sure they are complying with these.

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular or post season which deviates from the following:

3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman.

5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE.

6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is a defensive lineman who weighs at least 276 lbs.

10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations.

What if I want to play DE at LB. Its the opposite of the speed boost people do. Is that allowed?

By setherick
10/17/2022 9:48 am
I do this too when running a 3-4.

By ArmoredGiraffe
10/17/2022 10:34 am
Not a rule question but what is the injury rate set on?

By Warthog
10/17/2022 4:56 pm
Legendruthless wrote:
Warthog wrote:
setherick wrote:

What if I want to play DE at LB. Its the opposite of the speed boost people do. Is that allowed?

Fine by me.

By Warthog
10/17/2022 4:57 pm
ArmoredGiraffe wrote:
Not a rule question but what is the injury rate set on?

Injury rate is set at 90.

By Warthog
12/08/2022 10:58 am
Quick reminder that I have changed early free agency to 4 weeks, late free agency to two weeks, and the preseason to 3 games.

By setherick
9/19/2023 10:03 am
jgcruz wrote:
In addition to the rules posted above, below are the rules relative to position changes:

Position Limits

Any deviation from this rule shall result in the immediate removal of the offending GM from the Paydirt Football League (PFL), who shall be prohibited from rejoining PFL for a period of not less than 30 days, and otherwise at the discretion of the League Administrator or by the vote of a majority of GMs.

For 4.6, I would like to propose amending the TE rule to only allowing players that are FB or TE. The reason being that WRs easily exploit the TE routes since they are often covered by a LB unless you run nickel and dime coverage against the 212 and 221 sets specifically.