League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1971 Regular Season

By jgcruz
11/14/2017 1:59 pm
setherick wrote:
Oakland shouldn't be eliminated by the way. There should be a chance for them to make the playoffs.

If Cincy loses and Oakland wins, both teams will finish with the same overall record, same conference record, same division record, and Oakland owns the head-to-head. I think Oakland should technically be in at that point and not Cincy.

Now, to be fair, I in no way want to face Oakland for a third time.

I was confused by the elimination of Oakland in the standings. Nevertheless, better for both of us if they leave it that way, no? ;-)

By setherick
11/14/2017 2:51 pm
It would be better for us if Oakland ceased as a football team since I really don't care for playing them ever... But, specifically, yes, I would rather they stay out.

By botastiac
11/14/2017 10:03 pm
setherick wrote:
Oakland shouldn't be eliminated by the way. There should be a chance for them to make the playoffs.

If Cincy loses and Oakland wins, both teams will finish with the same overall record, same conference record, same division record, and Oakland owns the head-to-head. I think Oakland should technically be in at that point and not Cincy.

imma try to beat em up lol.

By Kordaiin
11/14/2017 10:16 pm
Haven't had much time to be active on these forums. Goodluck to everyone in the upcoming weeks.
Last edited at 11/14/2017 10:17 pm

By Kordaiin
11/14/2017 10:18 pm
Gustoon wrote:
GG Bills, we'll be back!

I hope not lol

By Wolveraider
11/14/2017 11:27 pm
jgcruz wrote:
setherick wrote:

I was confused by the elimination of Oakland in the standings. Nevertheless, better for both of us if they leave it that way, no? ;-)

lol....thanks for the posts.....I was already preparing for the off season, thinking that I had been eliminated.

Now I have to figure out a way to get past New England, somehow sabotage the Bengals, so that my team can get another shot at those stinking Chiefs and Chargers :)

By Beercloud
11/15/2017 12:14 am
Just looking through the stats it looks like most of the stats titles are wrapped up except sacks, receptions and a few others.

Philly's CB Michael Preiss has allowed 50.7% completed passes against him but has 10 Int's. Talk about a gambler.

Kansas City's WR Frank Bell pretty much has the TD title won with 20. Last years top TD player was Washington's Stephen McClain who has made a late season surge to get to 16. A tall order to retain his belt but not impossible.

Detroit's Edward Takahashi has taken control of the rushing title after a season long battle with Cleveland Peter Harold.

Jimmie Chow of KC will be the QB King and the Reception Crown is between the Giants Dennis Coston and Tampa Bay's Jimmy Holley.

By Wolveraider
11/15/2017 8:23 am
Welllllll, back to preparing for the off season.

Good game Patriots....that was a real defensive grind...a nail-biter, edge of your seat, (insert any other cliche's here). It was a tough contest.

Good luck in the playoffs!

Now, I skulk back to my silver and black lair to try and concoct strategies to beat the hated Chiefs and Chargers ;)
Last edited at 11/15/2017 8:23 am

By botastiac
11/15/2017 8:39 am
Wolveraider wrote:
Welllllll, back to preparing for the off season.

Good game Patriots....that was a real defensive grind...a nail-biter, edge of your seat, (insert any other cliche's here). It was a tough contest.

Good luck in the playoffs!

Now, I skulk back to my silver and black lair to try and concoct strategies to beat the hated Chiefs and Chargers ;)

i almost threw my laptop

By trslick
11/15/2017 11:55 am
GG Colts