League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1971 Regular Season

By blackflys
11/21/2017 3:21 am
Good game sf . we were fortunate your qb had an off day. Also our all out pass defense was able to contain your Run game. I know you guys will be back in full Effect next season. Good luck in the off season

By Beercloud
11/21/2017 9:09 pm
Will the tough NFC leading defense of the Chicago Bears slow down the high flyin offense of the Redskins for the NFC Title?

WR-Stephen McClain has score a TD in each of his last 6 games. The Redskins are 2-3 when McClain doesn't see the endzone. Chicago's star QB-Jared Smith will play with a leg injury for the 5th week in a row. And he is still only 35% with approx 7 weeks left til full recovery. But don't fret, He has thrown 7 TD's and 0 Int's since his injury.

And in the AFC, the marque game of the week. Clash of AFC powerhouses, the Kansas City Chiefs and the undefeated Cleveland Browns will go at it at the dog pound.

KC's QB-Jimmy Chow is looking to shake off last weeks performance where New England got to him for 3 picks in the Divisional Round. WR/KR Fletcher Boston came up big with a 99 yd kickoff return for a TD and kicker Steven Bennett knocked through 4 FG's to carry the Chiefs into the AFC Championship game.

Cleveland has rattled off 17 straight wins (a Paydirt record) heading into the Battle Royale. The Browns are looking to remove the bad taste in their mouths from the Super Bowl 1 loss to Washington last season. The Browns defeated the Chiefs 30-23 in their last meeting which was the divisional round of 1970. The trio of QB-Norris Coleman, WR-Brian Armstrong and RB Peter Herold are looking to bring that blackflys trophy to Cleveland.

A couple of great battles going down in the 1971 Conference Championships.

By setherick
11/22/2017 7:21 am
Good game, Cleveland. I was able to cut the sacks in half from last year, so that means next season zero sacks when we play. Right? Right?

Good luck in the Championship!

By Warthog
11/22/2017 9:16 am
Great game KC. Nail biter right to the end. Happy to survive and advance. Just wish we didn’t have to play black fly’s again. I don’t think I have ever beaten him in any league we have been in.

By blackflys
11/22/2017 4:31 pm
Good game chi town. We hoped we would see a ton of Running an we planned for It. Good season and good Run. Good luck in the off season

By setherick
11/23/2017 6:21 pm
Warthog wrote:
Great game KC. Nail biter right to the end. Happy to survive and advance. Just wish we didn’t have to play black fly’s again. I don’t think I have ever beaten him in any league we have been in.

Re-watched part of our game again, and I realized some things I was doing wrong on defense. Our teams are incredibly well matched tho.

By botastiac
11/27/2017 11:28 am
how do people have so much cap room... i have 500K and i look at the browns and they have 20 mill

By setherick
11/27/2017 11:32 am
botastiac wrote:
how do people have so much cap room... i have 500K and i look at the browns and they have 20 mill

It sounds like your team got AI'ed.

AI contracts are awful. To reneg contracts, I recommend looking into jsid's contract wizard for a good idea of how to maximize your cap.

By botastiac
11/27/2017 11:33 am
setherick wrote:
botastiac wrote:

It sounds like your team got AI'ed.

AI contracts are awful. To reneg contracts, I recommend looking into jsid's contract wizard for a good idea of how to maximize your cap.

yea i know i have been using that for awhile