League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1973 Season

By setherick
3/21/2018 7:35 pm
raymattison21 wrote:
GrandadB wrote:
Guess the Pack took its early season frustration out on the Rams in that one, Ray, good luck rest of season.

Gg. Let the rumbles of a qb controversy start in LA .

I could be persuaded to trade Stutes.

Philliesworld wrote:
First win this season!

Offense was solid throughout. No turnovers. Defense got shredded for the most part. But enough big plays to keep Tennessee's air attack at bay. Third down was an issue again. Gotta fix that.

GG dash! Best of luck.

Moving Ware to WR seems to have worked out.
Last edited at 3/21/2018 7:38 pm

By jgcruz
3/21/2018 8:03 pm
setherick wrote:
Good game, SD!

---

QUICK NOTE FOR EVERYONE: There is currently a bug in defensive game planning code that affects both the play matrix and the rules engine. The bug causes defensive plays to be called incorrectly. I'm pointing this out because if you look through the game log of my game with SD, you'll see some "interesting" defensive calls, especially on 3-Long down. Most of those calls are not intentional. This bug is being fixed as part of the 0.4.3 release, but I don't know if it'll be released as a hot fix or not. See this thread for more detail: https://mfn1.myfootballnow.com/forums/6/1542?page=1

So, that's why I'm getting blown out. :-(

My D sucks. No pressure on the opposing QB. Same players. Same general defensive game plan. Really puzzling. (Although RL keeping me from making many thought out adjustments of game plan. Just flailing blindly. Not that it would matter.)

GG and season, seth. GL the rest of the way.

By setherick
3/21/2018 8:07 pm
It's why defensive game planning has been unpredictable, especially if you use a combination of rules, matrix, and depth chart overrides. Fortunately, JDB tracked down the problem it seems.

By jgcruz
3/21/2018 8:10 pm
setherick wrote:
It's why defensive game planning has been unpredictable, especially if you use a combination of rules, matrix, and depth chart overrides. Fortunately, JDB tracked down the problem it seems.

I typically do all of those things extensively, but it seemed to work well. Maybe I was just lucky. I never looked to see if my personnel adjustments actually were implemented as I had planned - subject to fatigue and injuries, of course.

By setherick
3/21/2018 8:12 pm
jgcruz wrote:
setherick wrote:

I typically do all of those things extensively, but it seemed to work well. Maybe I was just lucky. I never looked to see if my personnel adjustments actually were implemented as I had planned - subject to fatigue and injuries, of course.

I exposed it because I use multiple overlapping rules that vary by down, distance, or score. And rules that either call the play by down distance or by yards to go (since I've been lazy and haven't changed them). So I could get the system in a state where it would try to call ALL the plays. Which is why some times on 3 and >16 you saw zone and some times you saw a 46 Blitz 2 M2M... /headdesk/

By Philliesworld
3/23/2018 7:29 am
Lost a sorta close one to Tampa.

QB throws an interception inside the opponents 20 yard line on a game tying drive. He also threw an interception inside the opponents five yard line. Three total. Very, very frustrating.

But was somewhat pleased with my defense. Kept a good offense to 24 points. Still, did get horribly gashed by the run game. Keep seeing improvement.

GG blackadder!

By Black Adder
3/23/2018 7:48 am
GG Philliesworld.

Got a decent lead,then let the Broncos back in,but managed to secure the win,which gives us a 3-3 record.

Looking like the NFC West is going to the wire, unless the Saints prove their pre-season Bowl favourite tag.

You got a Head Coach with big ***** in Denver,going for it on 4th down still in the 3rd quarter........big call.

By Gustoon
3/23/2018 7:49 am
GG Miami, I really thought we'd blown that one, tough loss for you guys as well.

By trslick
3/23/2018 8:32 am
GG Bills

By Beercloud
3/23/2018 8:36 am
Kansas City is the last man standing @ 6-0
Seattle takes down Cleveland and New Orleans takes down Oakland

Washington takes control of the NFC East after Philly loses a heart breaker to New England.
Buffalo defeats red hot Pittsburgh to keep pace with the Patriots in the AFC East
The Jets win again to stay in on both Buffalo and New England heals
Jacksonville ties up Houston in the AFC South
LA stays tied with Seattle in the NFC West and the 49ers keeps in striking distance
Detroit wins their 4th straight to stay atop of the NFC North while Green Bay wins their 3rd in a row in that heated chase. The defending division champs Chicago goes down for the 4th time in a row.
The NFC South is a drag down fight atm with Atlanta and New Orleans on top and Carolina and Tampa Bay each a game behind.