League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1973 Season

By raymattison21
2/20/2018 4:33 pm
Gustoon wrote:
Beercloud wrote:
so far the heavy hitters still coming off the board.

My favorite player is prolly LB Glenn Wolfe picked up by Dallas at the 1:12 spot. Dallas has had a great draft so far.

Also like WR Michael Lokken drafted by Houston at 1:15. He slipped a lot farther than I thought he would. Does he have some domestic issues or something?

Of course the studs up at the top will all be fun to follow. It looks like there is still some really good talent being taken. When will we see the fall off? And how hard will it fall?

Yeah I was watching Wolfe tumble and after Dallas went o line thought we were going to sang him

THe Rams were trying to trade up to 12 to get either. As well as get the other before 15 as our department knew Houston was going to land him. We just didn't have enough capital at the time. Nice drafting Dallas and Houston !

By setherick
2/21/2018 4:22 pm
Oh, come on, how did you all let Zander fall to SD. For that matter, how did you all let Zander fall below the 40th pick?

By Gustoon
2/21/2018 4:38 pm
setherick wrote:
Oh, come on, how did you all let Zander fall to SD. For that matter, how did you all let Zander fall below the 40th pick?

Because Crowe is a better RT :)

By setherick
2/21/2018 4:56 pm
Gustoon wrote:
setherick wrote:

But Zander is game day ready right now. And if he booms, he's one of the best OL in the draft. Even if he busts, he's a bookend RT unless you're actually going to run to the strong side (unlike 95% of all MFN owners).

By jgcruz
2/21/2018 6:24 pm
setherick wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
setherick wrote:

But Zander is game day ready right now. And if he booms, he's one of the best OL in the draft. Even if he busts, he's a bookend RT unless you're actually going to run to the strong side (unlike 95% of all MFN owners).

After a huge gamble on my first pick, I had to go with the sure bet pass protecter RT on my second pick.

By Beercloud
2/21/2018 6:26 pm
Very interesting first couple of rounds.

A lot of positioning and deals. Teams in rebuild mode, others bolstering rosters to knock off their perspective division champions or better yet defending Super Bowl III Champion Kansas City Chiefs.

I already cant wait for camp and the pre-season to see what is and what isn't. But from the 3rd round down is where GM's will earn their money.

By setherick
2/21/2018 6:27 pm
Beercloud wrote:
But from the 3rd round down is where GM's will earn their money.

...time to set my draft board.
Last edited at 2/21/2018 6:27 pm

By jgcruz
2/21/2018 7:01 pm
setherick wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

Said the guy with 14 picks coming up. Some of which you'll trade to some poor GM for a future 3rd rd draft choice. ;-)

By setherick
2/21/2018 7:22 pm
jgcruz wrote:
setherick wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

Said the guy with 14 picks coming up. Some of which you'll trade to some poor GM for a future 3rd rd draft choice. ;-)

14 picks and 17 open spots on my roster. I have to fill those spots somehow.

By setherick
2/22/2018 12:20 pm
I knew I should have drafted Spears with the first pick in the 3rd.

Also, I now own a quarter of round 5. That should replenish my three deep.
Last edited at 2/22/2018 4:42 pm