Re: 1973 Season

By trslick
3/14/2018 10:13 am
GG Jets

By Dash
3/14/2018 11:37 am
GG Minnesota!

Another week, another terrible game. 5 turnovers..inconsistent offense..questionable play calling. You have some great play makers in the secondary..benefer is a beast. good luck this season. Tennessee looking for answers..team might be just too young and not developed enough 3 undeveloped rookies in my secondary

By Philliesworld
3/14/2018 12:02 pm
Another bumpy game. But got a few things ironed out from the previous game.

Though the biggest 'dang it' moment was on the first series in the game I had gameplanned a Blitz 2 normal defensive backfield versus 230 personnel. Because of how Houston was using their TE's in that formation. But I hadn't done it right. It was only set from my own goaline to my 25 yard line. Of course outside of that I lineup in a goal line formation. And I got burned.

Also 75 yards in penalties hurt like crazy. My locker hit 2 50+ yard field goals only to have them called back after a penalty. Of course it knoked is out of field goal range. Also after hitting those two 50+ yarders my locker missed and extra point attempt. Dumb.

Lot of work to do.

GG game Houston.

By setherick
3/14/2018 12:33 pm
Philliesworld wrote:

Though the biggest 'dang it' moment was on the first series in the game I had gameplanned a Blitz 2 normal defensive backfield versus 230 personnel. Because of how Houston was using their TE's in that formation. But I hadn't done it right. It was only set from my own goaline to my 25 yard line. Of course outside of that I lineup in a goal line formation. And I got burned.

Also 75 yards in penalties hurt like crazy. My locker hit 2 50+ yard field goals only to have them called back after a penalty. Of course it knoked is out of field goal range. Also after hitting those two 50+ yarders my locker missed and extra point attempt. Dumb.

Lot of work to do.

GG game Houston.

There is a Cover 5 GL defensive play (there is only one of them too) that is effective against the 230 PA pass. I run it almost exclusively against the 230.

By DJSim22
3/14/2018 12:40 pm
GG Seth. I was hoping to make you extend a few drives and luck into some key penalties or fumbles. It didn’t work, but there were a couple positives for us. Still light years away though.

By setherick
3/14/2018 12:43 pm
DJSim22 wrote:
GG Seth. I was hoping to make you extend a few drives and luck into some key penalties or fumbles. It didn’t work, but there were a couple positives for us. Still light years away though.

Your first two drives were solid. I'd go back to the film and figure out what your team was doing in those drives and see if you can replicate it for an entire game.

By Philliesworld
3/14/2018 12:49 pm
setherick wrote:
Philliesworld wrote:

Lot of work to do.

GG game Houston.

There is a Cover 5 GL defensive play (there is only one of them too) that is effective against the 230 PA pass. I run it almost exclusively against the 230.

Three deep man? I've never messed with that play before but it looks like it could be useful. I've always to a heavy LB blitz, man coverage, if I saw the opponent passed out of the 230.

By setherick
3/14/2018 1:01 pm
Philliesworld wrote:
setherick wrote:
Philliesworld wrote:

Lot of work to do.

GG game Houston.

Three deep man? I've never messed with that play before but it looks like it could be useful. I've always to a heavy LB blitz, man coverage, if I saw the opponent passed out of the 230.

The bolded bit is what I have recommended in the past as well. The only issue is that it does open you up for play overuse if you use the same blitzes against the 230 as you do against say the 212, 122, or 113.

By Gustoon
3/14/2018 2:43 pm
trslick wrote:
GG Jets

GG Steelers, this is getting frustrating

By jouameng
3/14/2018 3:23 pm
Good Game Green Bay!