League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1973 Season

By Beercloud
3/14/2018 8:27 pm
Atlanta out of the gate fast with an upset over New Orleans
Green Bay having a tough time getting out of the gate after losing to Carolina big
Seattle uses 2 safeties to beat Washington
Cleveland wins the first round over Cincinnati in the battle of Ohio
Oakland beats San Diego to go 2-0 and send the Chargers in a tailspin at 0-2
Houston and Philly 2-0?
Chicago, Kansas City, Buffalo and New England continue to roll

Tough being a rookie GM @ Paydirt?
jabillups85 (49ers) 1-1
Black Adder (Bucs) 1-1
OffensiveTaco (Dallas) 0-2
Dash (Titans) 0-2
Duval (Lions) 0-2
Philliesworld (Broncos) 0-2

By Dash
3/14/2018 8:39 pm
Beercloud wrote:

jabillups85 (49ers) 1-1
Black Adder (Bucs) 1-1
Dash (Titans) 0-2
Duval (Lions) 0-2

Depends on the team you inherit..But i'm having fun with it. it's a long term thing in my case :)

By GrandadB
3/15/2018 1:11 am
Nice win Panthers/jouameng, my QB2 Cates really killed us, he is now a FA, lol. He set the all time low for QB rating on any team Ive had for the first two games throwing 6 picks!, and he had a great pre-season. Has the QB game code been changed for subs? I discovered that I had not made a very necessary change on my Misc settings from pre-season, one too many teams, lol. My WR2, Abney, is now back, him being out really hurt our passing game. Hopefully the Pack will now get back on the right course. cheers!
Last edited at 3/15/2018 1:20 am

By setherick
3/15/2018 7:04 am
GrandadB wrote:
Nice win Panthers/jouameng, my QB2 Cates really killed us, he is now a FA, lol. He set the all time low for QB rating on any team Ive had for the first two games throwing 6 picks!, and he had a great pre-season. Has the QB game code been changed for subs? I discovered that I had not made a very necessary change on my Misc settings from pre-season, one too many teams, lol. My WR2, Abney, is now back, him being out really hurt our passing game. Hopefully the Pack will now get back on the right course. cheers!

Nothing in the standard leagues should have changed, but I've been seeing an increase in interceptions in all leagues running the same game plans I have always run. Interceptions in Beta are currently off the charts as we've swung from having almost none to have routinely 10 a game.
Last edited at 3/15/2018 7:04 am

By jabillups85
3/15/2018 7:52 am
Dash wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

jabillups85 (49ers) 1-1
Black Adder (Bucs) 1-1
Dash (Titans) 0-2
Duval (Lions) 0-2

Depends on the team you inherit..But i'm having fun with it. it's a long term thing in my case :)

Not gonna lie, SF has a solid roster.

By DJSim22
3/15/2018 7:22 pm
setherick wrote:
GrandadB wrote:

Nothing in the standard leagues should have changed, but I've been seeing an increase in interceptions in all leagues running the same game plans I have always run. Interceptions in Beta are currently off the charts as we've swung from having almost none to have routinely 10 a game.

Good, the pass happy throw it deep consistently teams are getting old in my other leagues.

By voegma
3/16/2018 6:02 am
Cincy on the ropes early this season thanks to **** whippings by Cleveland and Seattle. GG to both of you.

By Black Adder
3/16/2018 7:27 am
Well we seemed to be heading in the right direction after getting beat by the Bowl favourite Saints in week 1 ,then beating the Giants in week 2,but we ran into the `Skins air attack in week 3 and got beat deep and often.

Some good things coming from our rookies though,just need more experience and better players around them combined with a lot less penalties which continue to really hurt us .

Next up the Cards,Saints (again) & Broncos.

By Philliesworld
3/16/2018 7:41 am
Is there some sort of curse on this team or what???

I lose 37-35.

5 interceptions by my starting QB, two of those in the end zone.

A lost fumble inside the opponents 35 yard line.

A missed 40 yard field goal.

If just one of those things wouldn't have gone wrong???
Makes me wanna cry.

Oh well, always a next game. But this losing like this has got to stop. Giving games away IS NOT MY STYLE.

Ok. Rant over.

GG Baltimore. Best of luck the rest of the season.

By trslick
3/16/2018 8:29 am
GG Tennessee