League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1973 Season

By DJSim22
4/20/2018 1:28 pm
Dash wrote:
botastiac wrote:
my RB patrick pomeroy made defensive player of the week?

I seen somewhere that the last spot on POW board is giving to the most outstanding player regardless if its offense or defense.

That may be true, but there are times there are more offensive players than defensive players of the week. In week one of our league 80, there are six offensive players and just two defensive players.

By Kordaiin
4/20/2018 2:16 pm
Dash wrote:
botastiac wrote:

I seen somewhere that the last spot on POW board is giving to the most outstanding player regardless if its offense or defense.

If that's true I don't think it's why he's on there this time around. He didn't have a PoW kind of game. 14 for 59 and 2 TDs. For being injured though he certainly helped his team

By Beercloud
4/20/2018 4:26 pm
Looks like the AFC had a couple of pretty good games while the NFC games were close at the half but got settled in the 3rd and 4th quarters. Both Conference championship games are interesting. Seattle and Washington are similar with their high flying offenses while Oakland and Buffalo are more balanced teams.

Attention CC: I need your votes in for the year end awards. They will be announced during media week. I only have our PRD's votes in.

By Dash
4/20/2018 8:27 pm
Kordaiin wrote:
Dash wrote:
botastiac wrote:

If that's true I don't think it's why he's on there this time around. He didn't have a PoW kind of game. 14 for 59 and 2 TDs. For being injured though he certainly helped his team

I agree 100% his 2 TD and 59 yds were very unimpressive. but i do remember someone saying that the last spots go to defense or offense i just cant remember where

By Kordaiin
4/20/2018 8:53 pm
I believe you just thought it was weird he would get one of those spots

By DJSim22
4/20/2018 11:31 pm
Again, look at league 80, right now there are 6 offensive players of the week and 2 defensive players. It's very unlikely the reason he is listed there is because he's the player of the week.

By Mcarovil
4/21/2018 11:02 am
The players of the week are arbitrary. There have been WR with 250 yds and 3 TD that didn’t make it for a WR with 100 yds and 1 TD. It’s all over the place.
DJSim22 wrote:
Again, look at league 80, right now there are 6 offensive players of the week and 2 defensive players. It's very unlikely the reason he is listed there is because he's the player of the week.

By awest827
4/23/2018 7:59 am
Great game as always blackflys. Our last 3 games in the past 2 seasons have all come down to a one possession game. This is my first conference championship in any league. Hopefully I can say the same about the Super Bowl in a couple days.

By Beercloud
4/23/2018 12:52 pm
Super Bowl IV
Oakland Raiders vs Seattle Seahawks

Oakland stymied Buffalo's offense to make their first trip to the big game.

The Seattle Seahawks staged a clutch 4th quarter comeback to defeat former Paydirt Champion and 3 time NFC Conference champion Washington Redskins.

I'm looking forward to this game. But first it's time for our Media Day Ceremonies.

By blackflys
4/23/2018 6:31 pm
Good game hawks those are the ones I love to be a part of classic game
Last edited at 4/23/2018 6:32 pm