The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Paydirt Feeder League

By Beercloud
6/16/2019 1:29 pm
Guys Im going to start up a feeder league for Paydirt. I want to build that league up to a point where the Hire n Fire rule ties into promotion / demotion type of deal for both leagues.

I want to start being a lil more choosy when GM's apply to Paydirt league. But I don't want to just slam the door in their faces either. The feeder league can be a place where anyone can join. New GM's. GM's trying to improve their reputations etc.... Or just GM's looking for a league to play in with some decent oversight.

I also want to develop a GM approval list that has GM's that would be eligible to fast track to Paydirt due to their reputation in MFN. They would be recommended by existing Paydirt members. If you think they would be a good fit, recommend them. That list could also be used as a recruitment tool.

Paydirt has progressed greater than I could've imagined do to the GM's in it. I feel you guys deserve an expansion to it and I want to continue to improve it the best I can. Even if I can't figure out this whole website issue. I may need to start a new one if I can't figure it out. That being said, the feeder league or Paydirt B League as we'll call it, will have info on the website as well. Just to a lesser degree, such as GM stats but no awards etc...

This could also elevate the GM's in Paydirt to a higher standing. Not necessarily throughout MFN as that is not the purpose. But to create a system of our own and being a GM in Paydirt will seem like a bigger privilege to the GM's of the B league and C league or however far it goes. Thought it might be a lil fun to go along with our hire n fire deal.

Re: Paydirt Feeder League

By buenoboss11
6/16/2019 1:43 pm
me pick me

By punisher
6/16/2019 2:39 pm
Here = https://paydirt-b-league.myfootballnow.com/

By Beercloud
6/16/2019 3:43 pm
Thanks punisher.

buenoboss11, anyone can join the B league. Feel free to apply for a team. It'll be a good place to prove your worth.

By punisher
6/16/2019 4:44 pm
Beercloud wrote:
Thanks punisher.

your welcome

By OffensiveTaco
6/16/2019 6:53 pm
Punisher runs around like a ghost, but every time there is a shady question mark area, you know he’s bound to post something about where to find it and when to find it, whether it be factual or statistical! Punisher rules!

By Mcarovil
6/16/2019 8:29 pm
Tribewriter has done an equally impressive job with the USFL league and his site/blog is very easy to navigate. I’m sure you e chatted but paydirt and USFL are two top notch leagues and a pleasure to be in.

By Androwski
6/17/2019 8:14 am
Love this idea! You're a legend Beercloud

By 50051139
6/17/2019 12:48 pm
this was definitely the best move

By Duval
6/18/2019 8:59 am
Mcarovil wrote:
Tribewriter has done an equally impressive job with the USFL league and his site/blog is very easy to navigate. I’m sure you e chatted but paydirt and USFL are two top notch leagues and a pleasure to be in.

I have to agree the USFL and Paydirt are top notch. I haven't played in a lot of different leagues but when I first joined and was asking about the best non public leagues, these 2 were constantly mentioned. Looking back at that time I feel privileged to have been let in as a total newb with no history in game. Great call guys!! TY

I like the feeder Idea. What concerns me is how long it takes to complete a season and God forbid a Paydirt GM gets demoted to the feeder league. The new GM coming into paydirt has a long time to wait to make his own meaningful changes, and the GM moving to the feeder is in the same situation, 2 seasons at least, roughly 3-4 months. GM's should be fired for tanking, constant rebuilding, and just bad etiquette. I can't really see firing a GM for to many bad performances as there really isn't anything to win. This league is full of GM's who want to have a good sim to play, and that keeps most of us in line naturally. I'll leave it to the top hoggs to work out all the details.

What I would like is a prize league, even if ran by the players and not the developer. The league would have to be extremely selective as it would require a payment to be held by the owner of the league until after the seasons. You would need ultra reliable GM's committed and reliable enough to have the funds for each season. It doesn't have to be much. Five, maybe ten dollars at most per season. 10$ would be 320 a month. The prizes would be split into many categories like the super bowl contenders as well as the overall winner, maybe like 50 for the winner, 30 for second place and 15 each for 3rd and 4th place. We would have much smaller prizes to make it really fun like 5$ for offensive and defensive rookie of the year as well as 5$ for vets. maybe 10$ for offensive and defensive MVP. 5$ for most improved record, 5$ most sacks/interceptions.. maybe 10$ for the GM with the least overall penalties. This league would have very strict GM firing rules to keep every owner competing every year, So strict in fact "rebuilding", as in somehow accumulating 10+ picks in a year could be seriously dangerous as you could be fired if your record falls to far from the previous year. A lot of GM won't like that, but this would absolutely ensure every gm is doing every little thing possible to win as many games as possible no matter the roster. It could get really,.. really exciting and interesting. This kind of league would greatly benefit from a direct feeder league and it would give ultra incentive for anyone in the feeder league to keep performing well as you have to be ready to move into the money league if a spot is open. The feeder league would be no money.

Obviously It's an idea and it would take a lot to get it launched. All the above details are obviously suggestions, some from another sim game I played a long time ago that had a money league. I personally would love this league and be completely reliable and devoted to it.

Edit: To add a few things to that I left out. If it wasn't obvious the reason a league like this works is even at $10 per season.. you don't actually have to win or even make the Bowl to win prizes. Just having that rookie WR win offensive rookie of the year would be 5 bucks and then having the fewest penalties might be 5 bucks and you already have your money back. This kind of stuff keeps it fun and engaging

I really wouldn't worry to much about the league manager running off with the money.. even if they do you lost 10 bucks.. You would need an easy way to collect and pay out the money so part of joining would be you need to have an active paypal or some other agreed to transfer instrument.
Last edited at 6/18/2019 9:57 am