The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Paydirt Feeder League

By 50051139
6/18/2019 9:08 am
i feel if were talking about guys coming through who have little experience and a bad rep in MFN Paydirt B works perfectly. but even now we have openings in Paydirt i believe Paydirt GM's who are fired from a team get the option to go to another team for a single year with a set hot seat goal you have to surpass if you do you get to stay if not your demoted down

By 50051139
6/18/2019 9:10 am
lets also remember part of the goal is to keep high end players who are consistent in Paydirt while allowing those who may have the potential to be involved and learn from some of the best

By Beercloud
6/18/2019 9:39 am
The B league will need to establish itself before the promotion/demotion deal would start.
I dont want to make it as though the worst 4 records in Paydirt auto get demoted and the top four in the B league get promoted kinda thing. I would like to incorporate the Hire n Fire with the promotion/demotion somehow. The Hire n Fire is too fun to get rid of. Maybe you guys have some ideas to throw around on how to do this.

Right now Im leaning towards Hire n Fire for Paydirt. B league GM's have the opportunity to apply for the job. Best overall record would have first crack etc... Fired Paydirt GM would take over the team that was vacated by the promoted B league GM. But I want to hear some ideas cause there is a lot of different ways to do this and I want this to be fun.

Side Note:
As it sits now, it doesn't look like anyone will be fired this season. There are two teams open. Well maybe just one cause only the most experienced MFN GM will get the Rams until I can straighten it's cap out.

By DJSim22
6/18/2019 10:08 am
“The hire n fire is too fun”

Not from my seat.

By Duval
6/18/2019 10:09 am
The problem is how long a season actually takes to complete. The issue you will run into are GM's in paydirt who've put in a lot of time with their team. If they get demoted they could, and some almost certainly will, lose total interest in the game. The reason I don't see this working without something to actually win is lets say a GM from paydirt gets demoted.. someone from the feeder takes his team... the demoted gm performs well in the feeder and gets promoted back to Paydirt.. to which team?.. well the one who's GM was just demoted.. total new roster and the hourglass starts back over at 3-4 months. I just don't see this being fun for people when it actually starts happening and people are getting demoted. The sentiment will become, we'll there isn't anything to actually win, and now I have to start over by taking over a completely different roster, which i may only have for a few months.

Its a great idea, but without something to win I don't see people coming back after being demoted.. not much incentive. Right now the incentive is we have a good group of reliable GM's and we've spent a lot of time with the teams we've drafted.
Last edited at 6/18/2019 10:10 am

By Duval
6/18/2019 10:12 am
I think the best idea would be to create an entirely new league and start that as the hire and fire and make paydirt an invite only exclusive league for only the best or reliable ( that's me =) GM's.

or a money league

By greyghost1225
6/18/2019 10:28 am
Beercloud wrote:
The B league will need to establish itself before the promotion/demotion deal would start.
I dont want to make it as though the worst 4 records in Paydirt auto get demoted and the top four in the B league get promoted kinda thing. I would like to incorporate the Hire n Fire with the promotion/demotion somehow. The Hire n Fire is too fun to get rid of. Maybe you guys have some ideas to throw around on how to do this.

Right now Im leaning towards Hire n Fire for Paydirt. B league GM's have the opportunity to apply for the job. Best overall record would have first crack etc... Fired Paydirt GM would take over the team that was vacated by the promoted B league GM. But I want to hear some ideas cause there is a lot of different ways to do this and I want this to be fun.

Side Note:
As it sits now, it doesn't look like anyone will be fired this season. There are two teams open. Well maybe just one cause only the most experienced MFN GM will get the Rams until I can straighten it's cap out.

One thing I would consider. Instead of making just one existing LA and one league to be able to pull from possibly get a couple of the other good LA’s and share the league. I think some like tribewriter and cjfred might consider sharing the burden of filling the league. The process of pulling owners from that league would have to be worked out though for it to work.

By Beercloud
6/18/2019 11:26 am
greyghost, I will be looking to set up a Head of Football Operations and PR positions like we have here. They will help run things over there. I still have a lot of setting up to do. And this website deal to figure out. Jaulschge has volunteered to do the B league logos and is working on them. I was working on setting up a page for each team with their stats, list of GM history and transfer your guys team articles to it. But the whole Google/Opera thing has thrown a wrench in it atm. The B league will have their own section on the site as well. So ya there's lots to do. But should be fun.

DJ, man that is too funny. The Hire n Fire rule does keep you attention even when your team isnt doing good. So that's a good thing. eh :)

Duval, I've been(and am) involved in quite a few money leagues with iRacing. They do pick up the intensity and can fun for sure. But they also bring out the claws and the dark side of some peeps. So there are two sides to think about. Another is that since this is pretty much a free game, I think a lot of MFN GM's aren't willing to shell out extra coin to play. But I think some would. But can you imagine the cussing of version 0.4.5 if money was involved. Especially when the league first switched over. It would be amp'd up for sure. I think a league like that does need to be private and unattached to any other league. But I think MFN needs to develop a lil more first or peeps would be crying fowl when things didnt go their way.

By 50051139
6/18/2019 12:40 pm
Beercloud wrote:
greyghost, I will be looking to set up a Head of Football Operations and PR positions like we have here. They will help run things over there. I still have a lot of setting up to do. And this website deal to figure out. Jaulschge has volunteered to do the B league logos and is working on them. I was working on setting up a page for each team with their stats, list of GM history and transfer your guys team articles to it. But the whole Google/Opera thing has thrown a wrench in it atm. The B league will have their own section on the site as well. So ya there's lots to do. But should be fun.

DJ, man that is too funny. The Hire n Fire rule does keep you attention even when your team isnt doing good. So that's a good thing. eh :)

Duval, I've been(and am) involved in quite a few money leagues with iRacing. They do pick up the intensity and can fun for sure. But they also bring out the claws and the dark side of some peeps. So there are two sides to think about. Another is that since this is pretty much a free game, I think a lot of MFN GM's aren't willing to shell out extra coin to play. But I think some would. But can you imagine the cussing of version 0.4.5 if money was involved. Especially when the league first switched over. It would be amp'd up for sure. I think a league like that does need to be private and unattached to any other league. But I think MFN needs to develop a lil more first or peeps would be crying fowl when things didnt go their way.

i wouldnt pay unless a better more realistic version is around

By Duval
6/18/2019 2:09 pm
50051139 wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

i wouldnt pay unless a better more realistic version is around

Both points are fair. You aren't against it.. so there is hope! =)