League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Position limits

A GM shall NOT insert a player into a position on the depth chart (including overrides) during the regular season which deviates from the following: 1. RB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR. 2. FB may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB or TE. 3. TE may include only players whose primary position is FB, TE, WR or an offensive lineman. 4. WR may include only players whose primary position is RB, FB, TE or WR. 5. Offensive line players may only include players whose primary position is offensive lineman or TE. 6. Defensive line players may only include players whose primary position is defensive lineman or LB. 7. LB may only include players whose primary position is LB or S. 8. S may only include players whose primary position is S, CB or LB. 9. CB may only include players whose primary position is CB or S. 10. Special teams rushers against punts shall exclude players whose primary positions are CB, FS, SS or WR. Such players may only be used as Gunners in punt return situations. Any deviation from this rule, as determined by a majority of GMs who vote, shall result in the immediate removal of the offending GM from the Paydirt Football League, who shall also be blocked from rejoining PFL for not less than 30 days thereafter.

Yes, adopt rule.
No, reject rule.
Abstain

Re: Position limits

By CrazyRazor
5/08/2020 11:36 pm
Jgcruz, can you sticky this poll? It should be in the options above the thread. (Just like "New Poll")

By Black Adder
5/09/2020 6:23 am
I`d like to suggest these rules should be for Regular and Post Season.

I`d like to suggest that only RB`s be used in the RB position.I did suggest this for debate in the thread,maybe its been overlooked.

By jgcruz
5/11/2020 1:29 pm
Black Adder wrote:
I`d like to suggest these rules should be for Regular and Post Season.

I`d like to suggest that only RB`s be used in the RB position.I did suggest this for debate in the thread,maybe its been overlooked.

It should not be necessary to add "post season" to the rule as that is likely everyone's intent. If necessary, we'll add that clarification after next season's playoffs.

If you can find GMs to second and third your request to add a rule restricting who can play RB, we'll vote on that too.

By Androwski
5/13/2020 6:54 am
Black Adder wrote:

This one is a bit tricky. I use my WR's as RB's in some passing plays. At the same time, I'm tired to see my LB's unable to stop any WR running to the flat from the backfield.

Should we punish owners who put players in positions to succed?

By Mcarovil
5/13/2020 4:13 pm
I don’t think its about putting players in positions to succeed. It’s about taking an RB and switching his position in name only to WR to make him faster.

I don’t think anyone would have issue with a WR who is used on occasion out of the backfield but when you have a WR in the top 5 in rushing yds and attempts, you have to question it.

Androwski wrote:
Black Adder wrote:

This one is a bit tricky. I use my WR's as RB's in some passing plays. At the same time, I'm tired to see my LB's unable to stop any WR running to the flat from the backfield.

Should we punish owners who put players in positions to succed?

By Smirt211
5/19/2020 12:27 pm
So, where are we at?

Should I approach the new season as if this guideline is adopted?

Official: Yes or no. :)

By jgcruz
5/19/2020 12:52 pm
We are in a surprising situation. The rule re position changes appears to have passed, but suspension of the protocol for adopting the new rule is about to fail. Fewer GMs voted on the protocol suspension issue. If you have not voted to suspend the rule adoption protocol, please do so (if you're so inclined). Thank you.

By Meatmen
5/19/2020 1:19 pm
Does "primary position" mean the top position on the player card? or the position on the roster? Part of finding players in the FA pool and in lower draft rounds is repositioning a player. Trying to see if you can find a gem? While I do agree there was some abuse, I'm not sure that I understand the restrictions. If you do a player search for a CB with the speed attribute (which is HIGHLY desirable and relevant to the position) you will find more players listed as CB's the player card shows 4th 5th or lower? Do I now have to cut my SS Clark who was drafted 4 seasons ago by another team as a SS but that position is WAYYYY down the list? I really think too much time has been spent on this. I can empathize with both sides but really if we have to resort to kindergarten mentality and start wiping people's Butts because a few can't behave in the forums maybe it's time to rethink why we are here at all. I'm sorry but at this point I'm annoyed!.................BTW Good luck to everyone this season!...........................................MM

By Smirt211
5/19/2020 1:32 pm
Yeah, the D-E-F thing confuses me where to look for that, however, using context clues if the vote goes to suspend the time frame then that means the adoption is immediate.

No and it's put off.

I'll swing by in a bit and I'll assume if it evens up at 7-7 we'll be on our way to its adoption due to momentum.

By Meatmen
5/19/2020 1:41 pm
I just think that changing positions of players is an intended part of the game or it would not be there. However, if a player starts the season at a position or "side of the ball" (off/def) they should probably stay there?