The new user interface is in preview!

Want to check it out? Click here! (If you don't like it, you can still switch back)

League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: Paydirt Feeder League

By DJSim22
6/18/2019 7:21 pm
The feeder league sounds interesting, but are there 32 other owners to join?

By Duval
6/18/2019 8:07 pm
DJSim22 wrote:

Yeah this. Paydirt has to become so desirable to play in, the feeder league attracts players naturally.

By Mcarovil
6/18/2019 8:15 pm
Glad to see all the chatter. I won’t pay for a league when there are obvious loopholes that tilt the advantage to those constantly looking for it. I don’t have the time or the care for that.

Second, if I get fired from paydirt I wouldn’t go to a feeder league to prove my worth. Sorry. Just being honest. Regardless, we don’t have to worry about that. The Saint are here to stay.

By OffensiveTaco
6/18/2019 9:25 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
Glad to see all the chatter. I won’t pay for a league when there are obvious loopholes that tilt the advantage to those constantly looking for it. I don’t have the time or the care for that.

Second, if I get fired from paydirt I wouldn’t go to a feeder league to prove my worth. Sorry. Just being honest. Regardless, we don’t have to worry about that. The Saint are here to stay.

Just don’t lose your pants Napoleon
Saints are here to stay he says............blah,blah,blah,
Last edited at 6/18/2019 9:26 pm

By OffensiveTaco
6/18/2019 9:31 pm
I think it would be pretty cool if some of us currently in paydirt, can be a part of this feeder league, as well as the up-and-coming GM’s for the future

By Beercloud
6/18/2019 9:52 pm
Yes the MFN GM pool is thin right now for sure. But I still see some rookies coming into MFN here and there. So there's hope. We've already got a couple of vets over there that heard good things about you guys and that's what triggered them to sign on. But Im realistic, and expect it will take some time. Which is fine. We'll play the long game here.

Some like the ladder system and some don't. I understand that. I definitely dont want you guys feeling like you have to prove anything. That's for MFN rookies and GM's that need to clean up their reputations. Which in some cases, is just them learning the game better.

As far as promotion/demotion, i dont have a better name for it. I guess the best way to look at it is it'll be like a waiting list that your not waiting in but playing in. The Champion in B League doesn't have to appy for an open job in Paydirt if there is one at the time. But if their is an opening in Paydirt and more than one B League GM wants the job, The best overall record of both B League and Paydirt combined gets it. If that makes sense. And a fired Paydirt GM has no obligation to take a B League job when fired. That was my idea going into it anyways. But you guys always bring up good points that make me think and rethink. You bastards....jk lol

Yes you guys can play in both for now and prolly for the near future. If there was ever a big enough demand and waiting list to get into the B League then we might have to adjust somehow. But as of now I dont expect that to be a problem. dang it anyhow. :)

Last edited at 6/18/2019 9:55 pm

By DJSim22
6/19/2019 10:52 am
Duval wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:

Yeah this. Paydirt has to become so desirable to play in, the feeder league attracts players naturally.

I hope so, just seems like a ton of work that Beercloud is putting in and MFN still seems to be shrinking. Hopefully it works out.

By Duval
6/19/2019 11:38 am
DJSim22 wrote:
Duval wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:

I hope so, just seems like a ton of work that Beercloud is putting in and MFN still seems to be shrinking. Hopefully it works out.

Well, I don't know if the game is growing or shrinking or stagnant. I'd offer the opinion the game isn't going to grow at a viral rate until it has a price tag. People do like free stuff but free stuff generally doesn't hold much credibility. I saw this game initially off my facebook feed and after looking at it the first time, my impression was it was an app and couldn't possibly have any depth. Obviously the game needs a whole lot of balancing and improvements, but at some point a $10.00 price tag with 10 credits to start would really help. Something I read a lot about on our posts are GM's with "bad reps". I'm assuming they mean players who enter a league and either don't take it seriously, completely destroy the team intentionally and everything in between. You make people pay for the game and suddenly they take it a bit more seriously. Less dropping out. Less people with bad intentions. You can give them back the money in "in game credits", valued at 10 dollars for renaming or whatever.

The biggest thing this MFN has going for it outside of the fact there aren't many NFL style simulation games period, is that you can log into it from anywhere. This is huge and part of the marketing should be how similar it is to fantasy football in how you play/manage the game itself.

Another idea I've been thinking about for retaining players and keeping leagues going would be to create a league and player reward system for consecutive time played. For example, A player could earn 1 credit at the start of the new year (to use only in that league, that year) for every 3 seasons the Gm is active in the league up to a total of 2 credits or 6 seasons. After that 6th season it maxes at 2 credits a season. You wouldn't get the first credit until the start of your 4th consecutive season, if that makes sense. League rewards could be as simple as recognition banners on the main pages after so many seasons at a certain participation rate etc. Things like this, as subtle as they are can be an incentive to stay in a league and it really wouldn't cost much when compared to what it might retain.
Last edited at 6/19/2019 11:45 am

By Mcarovil
6/20/2019 9:57 am
That’s the most reading I’ve done in weeks. Kudos!

Duval wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:
Duval wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:

Well, I don't know if the game is growing or shrinking or stagnant. I'd offer the opinion the game isn't going to grow at a viral rate until it has a price tag. People do like free stuff but free stuff generally doesn't hold much credibility. I saw this game initially off my facebook feed and after looking at it the first time, my impression was it was an app and couldn't possibly have any depth. Obviously the game needs a whole lot of balancing and improvements, but at some point a $10.00 price tag with 10 credits to start would really help. Something I read a lot about on our posts are GM's with "bad reps". I'm assuming they mean players who enter a league and either don't take it seriously, completely destroy the team intentionally and everything in between. You make people pay for the game and suddenly they take it a bit more seriously. Less dropping out. Less people with bad intentions. You can give them back the money in "in game credits", valued at 10 dollars for renaming or whatever.

The biggest thing this MFN has going for it outside of the fact there aren't many NFL style simulation games period, is that you can log into it from anywhere. This is huge and part of the marketing should be how similar it is to fantasy football in how you play/manage the game itself.

Another idea I've been thinking about for retaining players and keeping leagues going would be to create a league and player reward system for consecutive time played. For example, A player could earn 1 credit at the start of the new year (to use only in that league, that year) for every 3 seasons the Gm is active in the league up to a total of 2 credits or 6 seasons. After that 6th season it maxes at 2 credits a season. You wouldn't get the first credit until the start of your 4th consecutive season, if that makes sense. League rewards could be as simple as recognition banners on the main pages after so many seasons at a certain participation rate etc. Things like this, as subtle as they are can be an incentive to stay in a league and it really wouldn't cost much when compared to what it might retain.

By OffensiveTaco
6/20/2019 11:31 pm
So how about this idea ............

In this supposed feeder league, if it ever flies! How about we, as paydirt, treat it, as a minor league system or college football if you will!
Suppose this feeder league happens, what if we created players whereby after a certain tenure in the league, they become eligible draftees, for the Paydirt league?

Eg. Joe Schmoe, from Kokomo college is drafted by Team X in the feeder league, after 4 years in the feeder league, Joe Schmoe, along with hundreds of other players (who’ve did their tour of duty, 4 years) all get thrown in the draft class pool?
Last edited at 6/20/2019 11:32 pm