League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1974 Season

By jgcruz
6/29/2018 4:37 pm
DJSim22 wrote:
Hoping for the Chargers to now have a hangover. ;)

No reason to celebrate cause the Chargers ain't won nothin' yet.*

* (Apologies to my English teachers.)

By Beercloud
6/29/2018 5:02 pm
GG Buffalo

Our DB's were severely over-matched against the Bill's. On a brighter note, we managed to get both WR Lewis and CB Duval signed so far with very little cap space remaining. Would like to get one or two more signed before the off-season starts.

By Beercloud
6/29/2018 5:36 pm
The dance is set.
The dancers have taken their places and are ready to rumble.

A wild finish to the 1974 season. If you would've told me at the time of the 3rd quarter review that Kansas City would be sitting home for the playoffs I would've sent the men in the white coats after ya. If ya would've told me at the end of the 3rd quarter review that Carolina would over take New Orleans for the NFC division title I would've sent the men in white coats after ya. Crazy finish for sure.

Oakland lands their first AFC West divisional title. Carolina wins their 2nd NFC South title. Miami wins their first. Indianapolis their 2nd, Green Bay's 2nd, Seattle's 3rd, Cleveland and Washington's 5th. Both the Browns and Redskins are undefeated in division crowns.

San Diego and Cincinnati finish strong to grab the AFC Wild Card spots.
New Orleans and San Francisco take the NFC wild card spots.

Baltimore will extend the contract of their GM UKRAIN for anther season. UKRAIN survives again.
Good luck in 75'

Wild Card Weekend:
Cincinnati @ Miami
San Diego @ Indianapolis
New Orleans @ Green Bay
San Francisco @ Washington
Last edited at 6/29/2018 6:05 pm

By jgcruz
6/29/2018 5:55 pm
Congrats, Wolveraider/Oakland! Beating the Chiefs twice in one season is a remarkable feat.

By Wolveraider
6/30/2018 1:36 am
jgcruz wrote:
Congrats, Wolveraider/Oakland! Beating the Chiefs twice in one season is a remarkable feat.

Thank you...I think I'm 3-7 against the Chiefs now....it's always a tough battle in the wild west....double digit wins and you can still end up in third place and eliminated from the playoffs...outside of the first year when the Raiders went 8-8, third place looks like this in the AFC West...

Third place and eliminated from the playoffs.

1974 Chiefs 11-5
1973 Chargers 10-6
1972 Raiders 11-5
1971 Raiders 10-6

By DJSim22
6/30/2018 2:09 am
Looks like Tennessee has opened up again.

By Beercloud
6/30/2018 11:22 am
There are a couple of revolving door teams and Tennessee is one of them. lol Atlanta is pretty much good to go. I have one more contract to get signed and then I'll jump back on Arizona for the draft unless a new GM wants the Cards before then. Tennessee is in pretty good shape for a new GM.

By Beercloud
6/30/2018 12:30 pm
I was just pm chatting with OffensiveTaco about the season and how competitive the league is and the question arose. Will we finally have a repeat champion this year?

Cleveland and Seattle are looking pretty good. Look out for Carolina. They're going into the playoffs pretty hot. Will up and comers Indianapolis and Miami make a splash? San Diego and Cincinnati have both squeezed into the post season. Can they do damage? And saying Oakland is hungry for that blackflys trophy is an understatement. Speaking of blackflys, does anybody think overlooking Washington is a good idea? Then we come to Green Bay and New Orleans. Two of the top GM's in MFN will go at it in the first round. You better be on your game playing these two.

This will be fun to see how it all plays out and who will be crowned the 1974 Paydirt Football League champion.

By voegma
6/30/2018 1:42 pm
Cincinnati Bengals

Season Record Owner Result
1974 12-4 voegma Wild Card
1973 11-5 voegma Missed Playoffs
1972 11-5 voegma Missed Playoffs
1971 12-4 voegma Wild Card
1970 8-8 voegma Missed Playoffs

Looks like you have to be dame good in the AFC to even make the playoffs

By Androwski
6/30/2018 1:44 pm
Good luck in the Wildcard game Cincinnati/voegma!