Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1974 Season

By Beercloud
7/02/2018 1:45 pm
https://teambeercloud.wixsite.com/paydirt

By OffensiveTaco
7/02/2018 2:53 pm
I am so drinking the San Diego charger Kool-Aid!!!
Wow, after a lousy draft in regards to more degression then progression and in arguably the toughest division in the league, San Diego gets into the playoffs and survives round one, no offence to DJ who did a job well done this season, But this charger team is for real! And I think about what the GM said earlier on this year right after the draft, and I quote.

By jgcruz
5/14/2018 7:58 pm
Worst overall draft ever! But at least we're all in the same boat. Very few booms - a lot of busts. Game planning becomes more important.

By DJSim22
7/02/2018 3:21 pm
OffensiveTaco wrote:
Wow, after a lousy draft in regards to more degression then progression and in arguably the toughest division in the league, San Diego gets into the playoffs and survives round one, no offence to DJ who did a job well done this season, But this charger team is for real! And I think about what the GM said earlier on this year right after the draft, and I quote.

By jgcruz
Worst overall draft ever! But at least we're all in the same boat. Very few booms - a lot of busts. Game planning becomes more important.

No offense taken, Cruz is a great GM and is also willing to help others. He also has a great roster. He got as good of a shot as anyone.
Last edited at 7/02/2018 3:22 pm

By DJSim22
7/02/2018 3:24 pm
Mcarovil wrote:
I can’t find the league site. Please help

I know that Beercloud posted in above in this thread, but I've memorized that the link is also at the top of the sticky thread Trade Limit Grid.
Last edited at 7/02/2018 3:25 pm

By jgcruz
7/03/2018 1:16 pm
DJSim22 wrote:
OffensiveTaco wrote:

By jgcruz

No offense taken, Cruz is a great GM and is also willing to help others. He also has a great roster. He got as good of a shot as anyone.

I feel a team let down coming on. :-)

By Beercloud
7/03/2018 3:33 pm
Divisional Round? How bout rivalry weekend. Three out of the four games this week are between division rivals.

Cincinnati @ Cleveland
These two rivals split their season series with a blow out it each game. No love lost in this rivalry. Expect fights and ejections in this one.

San Diego @ Oakland
A classic AFC West matchup. They split their series with two close, low scoring affairs

San Francisco @ Seattle
49ers is the only team to beat the Seahawks in 74'. Both games in their season series were close. Anticipate this one to be no different.

Green Bay @ Carolina
The Packers beat the Panthers division rival New Orleans twice this season including a wild card thriller. Carolina split the series with the Saints but head into the dance red hot.

By Wolveraider
7/03/2018 11:58 pm
Tighten those chinstraps...here we go again! These are always tough games and I don't expect anything different this time.

By GrandadB
7/04/2018 5:46 am
Think that was the first time Ive had a QB start the game going 0-10 & throwing a pick. GG and great defense Panthers/jouamg. Think thats also the first time Ive had a team shut out in a playoff game. When the TD was called back early in the 3rd on another holding penalty, I knew it was going to be long odds of gettin back in the game. Good luck in the CC game.

By awest827
7/04/2018 6:55 am
Great game SF that was impressive. How did your DBs win every single time my QB threw a jump ball? My WRs are used to winning most of those and they may have gotten 1 or 2 in the game. Of course my 2nd round pick in 1972 Terry Taylor who I traded to you would end up with 3 sacks and force and recover a fumble that basically sealed the game. Not only that but all 3 sacks came against my 99 rated LT who had allowed only 3 sacks all season. I hold the 4th best rushing team in the league to 25 yards on 37 carries but it doesn't matter if my team can't score. I now have lost 2 games on the season both to SF at my home stadium. jabillups85 clearly has my number.

By jabillups85
7/04/2018 8:08 am
awest827 wrote:
Great game SF that was impressive. How did your DBs win every single time my QB threw a jump ball? My WRs are used to winning most of those and they may have gotten 1 or 2 in the game. Of course my 2nd round pick in 1972 Terry Taylor who I traded to you would end up with 3 sacks and force and recover a fumble that basically sealed the game. Not only that but all 3 sacks came against my 99 rated LT who had allowed only 3 sacks all season. I hold the 4th best rushing team in the league to 25 yards on 37 carries but it doesn't matter if my team can't score. I now have lost 2 games on the season both to SF at my home stadium. jabillups85 clearly has my number.

GG Seattle. That was a defensive slugfest. My running game is in tatters!