League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1973 Season

By Mcarovil
4/16/2018 6:45 am
Good one Atlanta. The NFC south is gonna be competitive as all **** next year.

By voegma
4/16/2018 6:46 am
botastiac wrote:
im totally confused... i should have won the division...

And if you would have won the division then I would be a wild card and not be eliminated!
Last edited at 4/16/2018 6:47 am

By Mcarovil
4/16/2018 6:48 am
I can’t see the expanded standings on my phone but it would go division record, Head to Head then conference.

voegma wrote:
botastiac wrote:

And if you would have won the division then I would be a wild card and not be eliminated!

By voegma
4/16/2018 6:56 am
Mcarovil wrote:
I can’t see the expanded standings on my phone but it would go division record, Head to Head then conference.

voegma wrote:
botastiac wrote:

They have the exact same record, same division record, head to head split 1 to 1, then same conference record.

By voegma
4/16/2018 6:59 am
voegma wrote:
Mcarovil wrote:

voegma wrote:
botastiac wrote:

They have the exact same record, same division record, head to head split 1 to 1, then same conference record.

Probably goes to strength of victory: which Buffalo wins by scoring 3 more points in their head to head games than NE

By Kordaiin
4/16/2018 7:11 am
botastiac wrote:

Explain why you should have won the divison?? I'm just not seeing where you're getting this from
Last edited at 4/16/2018 7:27 am

By Philliesworld
4/16/2018 7:24 am
GG K.C.

Good season everybody. Good luck to you all in the playoffs.

By Mcarovil
4/16/2018 7:31 am
https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/community/3/1319?page=1#7755

Kordaiin wrote:
botastiac wrote:

Explain why you should have won the divison?? I'm just not seeing where you're getting this from

By Mcarovil
4/16/2018 7:35 am
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

By awest827
4/16/2018 7:43 am
So let me get this straight. Last season the Bills won the division with an 11-5 record, this season they win the division with a 11-5 record. The Patriots get the last wild card spot last season at 11-5, and don't even get an X by their name. This year they go 11-5 get the last wild card spot at 11-5, and once again the computer won't give them the X by their name. Last season the Bengals go 11-5 and miss the playoffs, this season they go 11-5 and miss the playoffs. What?!
Last edited at 4/16/2018 7:43 am