League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1973 Season

By botastiac
4/16/2018 7:44 am
Kordaiin wrote:
botastiac wrote:
im totally confused... i should have won the division...

Explain why you should have won the divison?? I'm just not seeing where you're getting this from

in normal football the first game is the "tiebreaker". So I won the first game but lost the second. Since we were tied but I won the first game, I should have won the division.

Edit: Either way we still play each other first round. GL Kordaiin
Last edited at 4/16/2018 7:45 am

By awest827
4/16/2018 7:47 am
Does anybody else remember when I said this in the mid season review. You guys are making me look smart.

The Bills and Pats look like the same teams they were last year just good enough to play each other in the wild card round.

By Mcarovil
4/16/2018 8:07 am
I don’t know what normal football is but it came down to common game opponents. Bills went 6-4. Pats went 5-5. That’s the tiebreaker. Just like NFL football.

botastiac wrote:
Kordaiin wrote:
botastiac wrote:
im totally confused... i should have won the division...

Explain why you should have won the divison?? I'm just not seeing where you're getting this from

in normal football the first game is the "tiebreaker". So I won the first game but lost the second. Since we were tied but I won the first game, I should have won the division.

Edit: Either way we still play each other first round. GL Kordaiin
Last edited at 4/16/2018 8:07 am

By Gustoon
4/16/2018 8:11 am
GG Patsies, next season we're going to be a much meaner dog. It would be cool if Miami could up their game too.
Best of luck Pats and Bills

By Beercloud
4/16/2018 9:01 am
Mcarovil wrote:
If, at the end of the regular season, two or more clubs in the same division finish with identical won-lost-tied percentages, the following steps will be taken until a champion is determined.

Two Clubs

Head-to-head (best won-lost-tied percentage in games between the clubs).
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the division.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.
Best won-lost-tied percentage in games played within the conference.
Strength of victory.
Strength of schedule.
Best combined ranking among conference teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best combined ranking among all teams in points scored and points allowed.
Best net points in common games.
Best net points in all games.
Best net touchdowns in all games.
Coin toss

Man if we have to post this to see who won the division I'd say it was one heck of a race. Thanks Mcarovil. Great stuff right there.

Cincinnati misses out on the playoffs by a single field goal against New England earlier in the year.

Lasse had to give up Arizona as he got a new job. Congrats on his new job.

UKRAIN was do to be fired, but since nobody is on the waiting list he gets a one year contract extension and stays in Baltimore. He will need 7 wins to keep his job next season. And is the only one on the Hot Seat in 1974.

Indianapolis comes thru with a late season surge to knock off 3-time AFC South Division Champion Jacksonville Jaguars to claim the crown.

Congrats to Kansas City, Buffalo, Cleveland, Indianapolis, Washington, Seattle, Green Bay and New Orleans on their Division Championships.

Last edited at 4/16/2018 9:01 am

By Kordaiin
4/16/2018 9:26 am
I've never heard that before Botastic, I have heard of the other deciding factors other people posted
Last edited at 4/16/2018 9:30 am

By DJSim22
4/16/2018 10:24 am
GG Texans, you kept playing till the end and we almost gave it away in the end. Role reverse almost exactly from earlier in the year.

We will try not to embarrass ourselves against the Raiders in the wild card round.

By DJSim22
4/16/2018 10:24 am
Man I feel bad for the Bengals, that has to be tough. :(

By Dash
4/16/2018 11:16 am
GG jgcruz

we hung around for a bit.. but not enough ammo to keep up.

By jouameng
4/16/2018 11:37 am
Good Game Bucc's!