League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1974 Season

By jgcruz
7/06/2018 12:09 pm
Warthog wrote:
**** of a game WR. I don't think either team played their best, but it was a slobberknocker to the end. Congratulations and good luck in the championship.

There are some things about these sims that I just can't understand though. I get it if a player comes out and has an off day. That is real. What I can't stand is players doing well for part of the game and then awful the rest. Case in point, early in the third quarter, my QB was 23-39 (59% completion), 1 INT and had 4 passes knocked down (~10% of attempts). The rest the game he was 9-32 (28% completion), 3 INTs and 11 passed knocked down (~34% of attempts!). Did the defense really figure something out or did my QB just **** his pants in a close game?

Interesting observation.

Did the QB fatigue? (Unlikely)
Did the WRs fatigue (poor pass routes or increased substitutions with lesser skilled players) or the OL (tired blockers leading to more effective pass rush)?
Did defense not fatigue as much as offense?
Were the offensive plays called late in the game easier to defend?
Were the offensive plays called late in the game harder to execute?
Were the defensive plays called late in the game harder to succeed against?
Were the defensive plays called late in the game easier too execute?
Does the converse for all of the above apply to your easy success?
Were you the victim of bad die rolls late in the game? Or the beneficiary of good die rolls really in the game?

Quien sabe?

All we can do is try to put ourselves in the best position for a favorable die roll. The rest is up to luck/fate/karma/Oden.

Anyway, congrats on great season and a great run over the last few seasons! You appear poised for success for several seasons to come.

By Beercloud
7/06/2018 1:06 pm
Great game in the AFC. Carolina steam rolled through the NFC playoffs.
Looking forward to Media Day.

*********************************************************************************************************
I think when a team starts to become one dimensional for whatever reason, the plays start getting more familiarized by the opponent. Not only whether it's going to be a pass or a run, but individual plays itself.

Being successful throwing 50+ times per game seemed harder in MFN1 with the new update. Paydirt switches over to the new update at season's end for those that aren't already aware of it.

To give a perspective, in RL the NFL's leader in team pass attempt's per game was the New England Patriots. They averaged 38.3 passes per game in 2017.
Last edited at 7/06/2018 1:07 pm

By Beercloud
7/06/2018 5:32 pm
The All-Time GM and All-Time Players leaderboard is updated and on the website. With exception of the Super Bowl records of course. Those will be updated at seasons end.

awest827 is sending out interviews for the Super Bowl V teams and that will be posted on Monday 2 the website. All-Pro and All Rookie teams will be posted Saturday. Season end awards will be posted on the same day as the interviews which is also on Monday.

Edit: The All-Time players "Combined TD's - Season" might not be correct. When I change the search to by season in-game the TD column is not there. I'll correct it once it shows back up.
Last edited at 7/06/2018 5:41 pm

By punisher
7/06/2018 6:16 pm
Beercloud wrote:

And Carolina handed Green Bay's elite GM GrandadB his first playoff shutout in not only Paydirt history but in MFN history. These two teams are on a collision course.

Nope it wasnt his 1st playoff shut out in MFN History

this one was his 1st playoff shut out loss = https://gfs.myfootballnow.com/box/609

45-0 shellacking by Affa Androids

Affa Androids = https://gfs.myfootballnow.com/team/30
Kuat Walkers = https://gfs.myfootballnow.com/team/18

By Beercloud
7/06/2018 6:21 pm
punisher going deep into the archives for this one. Some awesomeness right there. Thanks

By punisher
7/06/2018 6:37 pm
Beercloud wrote:
punisher going deep into the archives for this one. Some awesomeness right there. Thanks

your welcome

By jgcruz
7/06/2018 6:40 pm
punisher wrote:
Beercloud wrote:

your welcome

Punisher lives for this stuff. It's much appreciated.

By Beercloud
7/07/2018 9:55 am
1974 All-Pro team posted

By Wolveraider
7/07/2018 10:42 am
On the website? I can't find it.
Last edited at 7/07/2018 10:42 am

By Beercloud
7/07/2018 10:49 am
on the website under awards then all-pro team.

https://teambeercloud.wixsite.com/paydirt/all-pro-team