League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1976 Season

By Wolveraider
10/30/2018 8:26 pm
Good game cruz....Chargers and Raiders down to the wire as usual....I'm with you, good to have the Chargers behind us...these games are always nail-biters.

Speaking of coming down to the wire...looks like that's happening in the division as well.

And as if playing my division rivals wasn't bad enough, now we go to 6-0 Cinci....argh.
Last edited at 10/30/2018 8:27 pm

By voegma
11/01/2018 6:03 am
Great game Oak. Epic fail on my defense and on my offense for not killing the clock.
Last edited at 11/01/2018 6:05 am

By Wolveraider
11/01/2018 8:43 am
Great game Bengals!

Was it a great offensive game....a combined 1,112 yards and 85 total points or a great defensive game with 8 combined picks and 6 forced fumbles....or maybe both were bad for the same reasons.....either way it was gut wrenching to watch. Good luck the rest of the way.

On a side note, I have to figure out why my defense is afraid to jump on fumbles (4/0). Case in point...https://paydirt.myfootballnow.com/watch/2171#398030 lol.

By Meatmen
11/01/2018 10:36 am
GG Chargers. we were awful!no if's and's we played like a bunch of BUTTS! Cya down the road sir. MM

By jouameng
11/01/2018 10:56 am
Good Game 49ers!

By jgcruz
11/01/2018 2:05 pm
Meatmen wrote:
GG Chargers. we were awful!no if's and's we played like a bunch of BUTTS! Cya down the road sir. MM

Thanks, MM. We played above our heads, no doubt. You are a hard GM to gameplan against. See you down the road.

By Gustoon
11/02/2018 12:54 am
GG Pats, really not sure how you guys got back into that game, glad to come away with the W

By Meatmen
11/02/2018 2:20 am
hanks, MM. We played above our heads, no doubt. You are a hard GM to gameplan against. See you down the road.

Thanks for the compliment You did one Helluva job on your game plan this time around sir!
We still have at least one more this season!
Last edited at 11/02/2018 2:22 am

By jgcruz
11/02/2018 10:09 am
[quote="Meatmen"We still have at least one more this season![/quote]

I like that optimism. ;-)

By Beercloud
11/02/2018 11:27 am
Week 7 Report

Next week will wrap up our halfway mark and we'll start tracing Paydirt's Races n Chases.

Cincinnati falls from the unbeaten ranks losing an exciting game with Oakland 44-41. That is the Raiders 5th straight win.Seattle, Carolina and Tampa Bay are the only remaining undefeated teams left. And with Carolina and Tampa Bay facing off in a epic battle of the unbeaten's, we will be down to at least 2 teams left standing.

This week had a couple of good games including the Game of the Week Pittsburgh's 44-41 overtime win over Minnesota. Two 44-41 games in the same week? What are the odds of that? And 3 shutouts to boot.

The AFC West has 3 teams knotted up at the top, San Diego, Denver and Oakland. Kansas City has suffered 3 losses in a row but still is in the hunt 1 game back.

Miami retakes first places in the AFC East with their 3rd straight win and a loss by New England. The Jets are trying to rebound and still in the mix 2 games back.

With Cincinnati's loss and Cleveland's win the Browns now trail the Bengals by a game in the AFC North. That rivalry just keeps getting richer and richer with history.

Jacksonville is in full control of the AFC South with rookie GM mwd65 at the helm.

Washington continues to roll in the NFC East with their 6th win in a row. They dominate the division.

Seattle has got back on their feet this season after a disappoint year and missing the playoffs in 1975. Los Angeles and San Francisco have fallin off along with Arizona's rookie GM CoachNorm looking for his first victory 3 games in.

GrandadB's Green Bay Packers have taken back over first in the NFC North. They've been battling rising Detroit for the division title but the Lions loss drops them into the second position.

Carolina and Tampa Bay who are both undefeated will play in the Battle Royale this week. Winner grabs the division lead with the other chasing. Atlanta has quietly rattled off 3 straight wins and ins in a Wild Card catbird seat.

Dallas, New Orleans, Chicago and Buffalo are this years most disappointing teams this season. The Saints, Bears and Bills were all prominent teams in their perspective divisions with the Cowboys taking major leaps forward the last few years. But these teams struggle in 1976 and are looking for answers.

Player Chases:
Green Bay's QB William Robinson just won his second player of the week award and leads the quarterback race so far this year.

New England's RB Patrick Pomeroy and Atlanta's RB Donald Buck are tied for the rushing title with 596 yds each.

Miami's WR Louis Martinez and Tampa Bay's WR James White are tied atop the receptions board with 42.

Miami's DE Brian Bolles leads the sack race with 13.

Tampa Bay's CB Scott Bryan leads in the interceptions category with 6.

Big games on tap for week 8:
Tampa Bay @ Carolina
Seattle @ Green Bay
New England @ Cincinnati

Note: sorry for getting this out late. RL = busy-busy-busy.

Last edited at 11/02/2018 11:28 am