League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1976 Season

By GrandadB
11/03/2018 4:56 am
Awesome game Seattle/awest. Was lucky to pull that one out after blowing our lead in the 4th qtr, which was painful to watch, knew it was coming after you got the 50 yd play to your WR Sullivan at the TE position to get out of the hole on 3rd & 11 at the 3. Defense finally came back to life in time to get the 3 & out with a minute left, and the offense also got back in the game with a couple of long completes. Had a real sore spot at LT with injuries, both starting OTs are out. sub OT Sykes was gettin killed by DE Randolph, will need to find another OT replacement/help, cheers
Last edited at 11/03/2018 1:22 pm

By Androwski
11/03/2018 7:42 am
GG Steelers. I don't know how we lost this game. That last drive by your QB was crazy. I don't know how you make your QB look so good when he has 56 Pass Accuracy.

By Meatmen
11/03/2018 8:01 am
GG Jags a pretty close one. Tough call on the holding penalty that cost you the winning TD. Your offense out played mine. Our defense has been missing the last couple of weeks was able to keep you out of the end zone with 3 FG in four red zone trips. A sloppy game over all with 4 turnovers. I'll take it though we've had a couple tough weeks and needed a victory. Take care and good luck the rest of the season sir.

By Black Adder
11/03/2018 9:05 am
GG CAR,

Big win against a big team.

By CoachNorm
11/03/2018 9:11 am
GG Rams.

By mwd65
11/03/2018 11:26 am
Meatmen wrote:
GG Jags a pretty close one. Tough call on the holding penalty that cost you the winning TD. Your offense out played mine. Our defense has been missing the last couple of weeks was able to keep you out of the end zone with 3 FG in four red zone trips. A sloppy game over all with 4 turnovers. I'll take it though we've had a couple tough weeks and needed a victory. Take care and good luck the rest of the season sir.

Great game, Meatmen!

Yes, this was a tough loss. I hate those holding calls that bring back a TD.

Good luck to you also!

By jouameng
11/03/2018 1:39 pm
Good Game Buccs! We’ll try to even the series next time we play!

By Beercloud
11/03/2018 2:05 pm
Androwski wrote:
GG Steelers. I don't know how we lost this game. That last drive by your QB was crazy. I don't know how you make your QB look so good when he has 56 Pass Accuracy.

For those new to the game: (not Androwski cause your a vet but bring up a great subject)
As in RL, ratings can be deceiving. For a RL extreme example, Ryan Leaf had all the "Ratings" in the world and Tom Brady did not. And there's a lot of examples in between this extreme. In this game using ratings as a guide and game film on how a cat actually plays.

I've also ran across some very good system QB's with lower ratings. I won a championship with an overall rated QB of 64 I believe it was. I've also had QB's that had great ratings and put up all the stats. But he always seemed to choke when things counted. I've asked jdb if there was a hidden clutch factor and if memory serves me right, he said that there wasn't but a lot of other factors could contribute to this. I will ak him again so i get this right and post it in our leagues help section. Either way it's pretty kool.
Last edited at 11/03/2018 2:07 pm

By DJSim22
11/03/2018 2:21 pm
GG Raiders! Good sim for us to keep it close, would have been huge to get a late TD drive. Couldn't stop your offense.

By Beercloud
11/03/2018 2:42 pm
The Paydirt Report: Week 8

We hit the midway mark and week 8 was a doooozy. The Tampa Bay Buccaneers are the last team with a 0 in the loss column. They stomped on division rival Carolina giving the Panthers their first loss of the year. Green Bay knocked off the other remaining undefeated team the Seattle Seahawks in our Game of the Week. Now on to the Races n Chases.

AFC West:
What a race this has been so far. San Diego, Oakland and the surprise team of the year Denver are all win this week to tie them all up at 6-2. But don't feel to sorry for Kansas City as they also win this week taking them to 5-3 and staying within a game of the lead.

AFC East:
Miami leads the division at 5-3 but lose this week to Pittsburgh in a wild one. And don't look now but the Jets are back in this thing with their 3rd straight win to bring them within a game of the Dolphins at 4-4. New England falls for the second week in a row dropping them to 4-4 but are still in the thick of things. Buffalo trails the pack at 2-6.

AFC North:
Does anyone else feel like there could be another epic showdown in week 15 between prolly the best rivalry in Paydirt the Cincinnati Bengals and Cleveland Browns? Both teams win this win to carry their records to 7-1 and 6-2 respectively. Baltimore has picked it up this season with a 3-5 record including a victory this week. And Pittsburgh has really gathered it up from a slow start to win their 3rd straight win leaving them at 3-5.

AFC South:
Jacksonville controls this division but loses this week dropping them to 5-3. But everyone else loses so no threat of losing that control any week soon. Tennessee and Houston sit at 2-6 and Indianapolis lost their 8th straight game put their GM on the Hot Seat as silly season heats up.

NFC East:
The NFC East mirrors the AFC South. Washington controls the division at 7-1 with their 7th straight win and nobody else in the division can muster up 3 wins. Dallas wins this week taking them to 2-6 while the New York Giants and Philadelphia Eagles both lose again and have identical records of 1-7.

NFC West:
Seattle loses their first game of the year leaving them at 7-1 but maintain a comfortable lead over the 3-5 San Francisco 49ers with rookie zdowntime and Arizona Cardinals who gave their rookie GM CoachNorm his first Paydirt victory. Los Angeles is holding up the bottom with a 2-6 record.

NFC North:
Green Bay(6-2) pulls away from Detroit with a thrilling victory over the once undefeated Seahawks. Detroit(4-4) goes down for the 2nd straight week leaving them 2 games back. The Packers will face a extremely tough challenge with Cleveland coming to town next week. Minnesota after a good start to the season gets back on the winning track taking them to 3-5 while the struggling Chicago Bears(1-7) lose again.

NFC South:
The Tampa Bay Buccaneers(8-0) remain undefeated by winning the Battle Royale over division rival Carolina. Carolina(7-1) who usually comes out on top in the big games ran into a buzz saw in the Bucs. ITampa Bay will face their 2nd Battle Royale in as many weeks when the travel to Washington in week 9. Buckle up. And just when everyone was focused on the Battle Royale the Atlanta Falcons quietly win their 4th straight with rookie GM abross816. Atlanta now sits at 6-2 and currently is in a pretty good spot for the playoffs. But we still have half a season to play. The New Orleans Saints struggles continue. Oh the pains of a rebuild. They are 2-6 on the season.

Big Games Week 9:
Miami @ Denver
Oakland @ Kansas City
Jacksonville @ Atlanta
Tampa Bay @ Washington - Battle Royale
Cleveland @ Green Bay - Battle Royale

Last edited at 11/03/2018 2:50 pm