League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1976 Season

By Androwski
10/18/2018 11:33 am
Gustoon wrote:
GG Phins, for a moment I thought a shoot out was on the cards

GG Gustoon. Looking for the rematch in week 12. And good look to everybody for this season!

By jgcruz
10/18/2018 1:44 pm
Great Game, Wolveraider. This one is for the ages. Two pretty good defenses got shredded. See you again in a few weeks.

By Beercloud
10/18/2018 2:43 pm
GG LA

The QB Sammie Carpenter story has come to an end in Arizona. After a 5 Int game he's now contemplating retirement once again. He will head back to the bench in a backup role to starting QB Ryan Cunningham.

On the bright side, the defense looked good. And back to the darkside, injuries were plentiful in game one.
Last edited at 10/18/2018 2:44 pm

By Beercloud
10/18/2018 4:14 pm
Week 1

Very interesting start to the 1976 season.
Four division champions in 1975 went down in week 1 including last years Super Bowl Champs.

Denver takes down Washington
Cincinnati shows no signs of a SB loss hangover by winning a thriller against Green Bay
Miami blows out division rival New York Jets
San Diego ignores the 7th annual Beercloud predictions by defeating Oakland in a high scoring affair.

Other games of note:
Cleveland rolls over Baltimore
Kansas City upends Pittsburgh
New England beats Buffalo
Seattle outscores Detroit
Tampa Bay rudely introduces Jacksonville's new GM to Paydirt
Tennessee takes care of Indianapolis
Minnesota fends off a furious comeback bid by New Orleans
San Francisco handles Chicago
Los Angeles uses 5 int's to defeat Arizona
Carolina blows out Houston
New York Giants surprise Dallas
Atlanta uses a big first half in their win against Philadelphia

By Black Adder
10/18/2018 4:20 pm
Beercloud wrote:
GG LA

The QB Sammie Carpenter story has come to an end in Arizona. After a 5 Int game he's now contemplating retirement once again.

I didn`t think he had any gas left in the tank last season with us,was fully expecting him to retire to that old rocking chair on his farmhouse front porch in Idaho.

By Wolveraider
10/18/2018 6:37 pm
Wow! What a way to kick off the new season against a division rival....Good game jgcruz!
It had just about everything. We took a beating physically as well.

Good luck til we meet again!
Last edited at 10/18/2018 9:13 pm

By jgcruz
10/19/2018 11:58 am
Wolveraider wrote:
Wow! What a way to kick off the new season against a division rival....Good game jgcruz!

I learned something more about the game. On the last touchdown, it was a "hot read" pass to the RB out of the 1-1-3 formation. The play called for the RB to pass block. Instead of blocking, he leaked out of the backfield and was wide open for the catch. I've never noticed such improvisation before. Interesting and worth looking at in the future.

By Wolveraider
10/20/2018 9:30 am
Good game for you Texans.....as far as the Raiders, the fall that began last season seems to be continuing.....maybe it's time to start thinking about tearing it all down and going with the rebuild....because we're garbage right now.

By Beercloud
10/20/2018 10:06 am
GG Buffalo

We had no answer for future Hall of Famer DE Cheatham.
So we had to pay the refs off for two late facemask penalties to seal the deal.

By Wolveraider
10/20/2018 10:11 am
jgcruz wrote:
Wolveraider wrote:

I learned something more about the game. On the last touchdown, it was a "hot read" pass to the RB out of the 1-1-3 formation. The play called for the RB to pass block. Instead of blocking, he leaked out of the backfield and was wide open for the catch. I've never noticed such improvisation before. Interesting and worth looking at in the future.

I noticed this when I went back and looked at this TD.....I saw something similar, forgot the exact play, but it was 4wr/1te and the TE was supposed to stay in and block, but went out for a pass for the "HOT" read. (not the same game)
Last edited at 10/20/2018 10:11 am