League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1975 Season

By DJSim22
9/11/2018 4:25 pm
You are welcome for the bye week Chargers! No tacos or cheerleaders for us. ;)
Last edited at 9/11/2018 4:26 pm

By jgcruz
9/11/2018 4:28 pm
DJSim22 wrote:
You are welcome for the bye week Chargers! No tacos or cheerleaders for us. ;)

My hat is off to you, sir! Thanks for your help.

By Beercloud
9/11/2018 4:57 pm
Wild Card Preview

Cincinnati(10-6) @ Jacksonville(11-5)
The Bengals started out the season strong but hit a rough patch in the middle of the season before rebounding at the end winning their last 2 games. They defeated Jacksonville in week 12 by the score of 25-20 on a last minute 94 yd TD pass.

Jacksonville has been steady all year long and wrestled the AFC South division title back from the Indianapolis Colts after a 2 year absence. The Jags finished the season out winning their last 9 of 12. This should be a tallywacker of a game.

New England(10-6) @ New York Jets(11-5)
Oh rivalry oh rivalry, where art though oh rivalry? In New York thats where. The revitalized Patriots come to town to take on the AFC East division champion Jets. New York won their first ever division title and are making their first Paydirt playoff appearance. The Patriots have been there before but not under vcr5150's guidance. This will also by his first playoff appearance in his young Paydirt career.

The Jets took booth games from New England during the regular season. It's hard to beat a team twice in the same season in this league, but 3 times? We will find out after 60 minutes of football.

Dallas(9-7) @ Green Bay(12-4)
Will this be Paydirt's Ice Bowl? idk but one thing I can say is that these two teams are polar opposites. Green Bay has had a steady run at the playoffs for the last 3 season's winning the NFC's division crown each time. Dallas on the other hand has a young GM who is facing his first Paydirt playoff game.

The Cowboys battled the Packers tough in their regular season meeting but fell short 23-20. Dallas used a balanced attack while Green Bay aired it out with 50 pass attempts. What strategies will these two GM's draw up for this one? The young gun vs the wily veteran.

Los Angeles(10-6) @ San Francisco(11-5)
This could be the game of the week right here. These two have been battling it out from the opening bell. GM Rookie of the candidate andrew2scott2 wins the NFC West division championship his first time out. The Rams on the other hand have limped into the playoffs by losing their last 3 in a row.

San Francisco has controlled the series between the two in 1975 but Im sure the Rams GM DLegend will be drawing up a plan especially for the 49ers. We will see how this one plays out.

By vcr5150
9/12/2018 10:09 am
vcr5150 wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
Oh my a wild card game against ..... The Pats! Juicy!

yes, there was a loud roar in our locker room when it was announced who our opponent would be! We hope to prove the old adage that it is tough to beat an opponent 3 times in a season.

Well, I guess the game proved a different adage: Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it!

The positive to take away from the 3 Jet losses is that I know what improvements need to be made to have a chance at winning the division next season. Also, we will enjoy our 2nd place schedule while they play a 1st place schedule. bwahahahaa!!

Congrats on the win Jets/Gustoon.

By GrandadB
9/12/2018 11:22 am
GG OTaco/Cowboys, congrats on getting in for your first playoff game, the 3 picks made a big diff in that one, luck of the sim. cheers
Last edited at 9/12/2018 11:23 am

By Gustoon
9/12/2018 2:55 pm
vcr5150 wrote:
vcr5150 wrote:
Gustoon wrote:
Oh my a wild card game against ..... The Pats! Juicy!

yes, there was a loud roar in our locker room when it was announced who our opponent would be! We hope to prove the old adage that it is tough to beat an opponent 3 times in a season.

Well, I guess the game proved a different adage: Be careful what you ask for, you just might get it!

The positive to take away from the 3 Jet losses is that I know what improvements need to be made to have a chance at winning the division next season. Also, we will enjoy our 2nd place schedule while they play a 1st place schedule. bwahahahaa!!

Congrats on the win Jets/Gustoon.

GG vcr5150 / pats, you're a class act and can't wait to lock horns next season.

Time to represent! C'mon chargers!

By OffensiveTaco
9/12/2018 7:53 pm
GrandadB wrote:
GG OTaco/Cowboys, congrats on getting in for your first playoff game, the 3 picks made a big diff in that one, luck of the sim. cheers

GG cheeseheads, you really turned up the heat on your defence in the second half, wow! My offence could not solve your defence .
Best of luck in the playoffs

By voegma
9/14/2018 6:02 am
Finally got Cleveland when it really counted. Great game and season.

By Warthog
9/14/2018 7:44 am
Congrats. I knew it was going to be a challenge to beat you three times. But it was another ridiculous sim. That's not sour grapes, it went both ways. My 100 avoid fumble RB fumbled 3 of the first 10 times he got the ball. How does that happen? And that long TD pass of yours? The back is supposed to stay in and pass block. Why was he out in a pattern? Does the sim actually make adjustments like that when it sees an advantage? And that 91 yard run to win the game just can't happen.

I knew my team wasn't really a 15-1 team this year. Got lucky a lot and the luck ran out. Good luck going forward in the playoffs.

By Gustoon
9/14/2018 11:03 am
GG Chargers. After the INT then fumble, it just proved too much to do let alone in the Pos.

Best of luck