League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1976 Season

By GrandadB
11/08/2018 1:16 pm
GG Bears/Crim, its a good thing the defense was able to get stops after the turnovers or the score would have been a lot different. Fumbles & holds was our O plan in that one.
Last edited at 11/08/2018 1:17 pm

By Gustoon
11/08/2018 1:20 pm
GG Chargers

Sometimes this game is just complete bollocks. My top rated QB can't hit a barn door at 10 paces, but he can throw countless INTs though.
ALL the plays I have selected are all high completion and the huge difference in overall gameplay is just terrible. FFS

By jgcruz
11/08/2018 1:31 pm
GG, Jets.

Chargers prevail in a very sloppy game played in a downpour. (Who says weather doesn't affect game play?) Nine (!) interceptions in total - slippery ball (???).

Still no room for error in the AFC West. Some huge head-to-head games upcoming.

With six games remaining, the Raiders have 4 tough contests against teams with winning records, including 3 within the division. Fortunately for the Raiders, 3 of the 4 tough games are at Oakland. Unfortunately for the Raiders, 3 of the division games are against the resurgent Chiefs and Broncos.

Denver also has 3 division games upcoming, 2 of which are on the road. Week 16 might be for all of the marbles as Denver will travel to San Diego. Earlier this season, the Chargers were statistically dominated, yet squeaked by the Broncos by the score of 7-6.

The remaining schedule for Kansas City is very favorable. Only 2 division (road) games and the remainder against teams which have really struggled this season. Circle November 21, the date on which the Chiefs visit San Diego and seek to avenge an early season loss to the Chargers.

Predictions anyone?
Last edited at 11/08/2018 1:43 pm

By GrandadB
11/08/2018 1:41 pm
jgcruz wrote:
Predictions anyone?

The AFC west is really a great division, all good teams managed by veteran owners who have won LCs before. KC has the schedule advantage, as you noted jg, but its still a toss up overall, up to the "sim", especially in the H2H games within the division.

By Wolveraider
11/08/2018 1:57 pm
Good game Jags.

By Meatmen
11/08/2018 2:14 pm
jgcruz wrote:
GG, Jets.

Chargers prevail in a very sloppy game played in a downpour. (Who says weather doesn't affect game play?) Nine (!) interceptions in total - slippery ball (???).

With six games remaining, the Raiders have 4 tough contests against teams with winning records, including 3 within the division. Fortunately for the Raiders, 3 of the 4 tough games are at Oakland. Unfortunately for the Raiders, 2 of the division games are against the resurgent Chiefs and Broncos.

Denver also has 3 division games upcoming, 2 of which are on the road. Week 16 might be for all of the marbles as Denver will travel to San Diego. Earlier this season, the Chargers were statistically dominated, yet squeaked by the Broncos by the score of 7-6.

The remaining schedule for Kansas City is very favorable. Only 2 division (road) games and the remainder against teams which have really struggled this season. Circle November 21, the date on which the Chiefs visit San Diego and seek to avenge an early season loss to the Chargers.

Predictions anyone?

I predict it's gonna be a wild one!!!! That's all I'll commit to publicly. We have a favorable schedule as we did not have the best season last year. Still have to visit the Raiders were we are 3-3 and the Chargers were we are 2-4 It will not be a california breeze. As for the rest of the schedule you never know when you'll get a crazy sim and a 1-10 squirrel will find a nut. LOL. I don't rule out 3 teams from this division either. It might come down to a tie breaker, a heartbreaker, a monitor breaker! I love this stuff! My first team in 35. Our division battled it out for five or six seasons just like this. Greyghost was there towards the end. We are the best division in the league LET'S ROCK!!! We all want to win this thing but, no matter who wins I think it's gonna be a doozy! MM
Last edited at 11/08/2018 3:03 pm

By Meatmen
11/08/2018 2:16 pm
Meatmen wrote:
The AFC west is really a great division, all good teams managed by veteran owners who have won LCs before. KC has the schedule advantage, as you noted jg, but its still a toss up overall, up to the "sim", especially in the H2H games within the division.
jgcruz wrote:
GG, Jets.

With six games remaining, the Raiders have 4 tough contests against teams with winning records, including 3 within the division. Fortunately for the Raiders, 3 of the 4 tough games are at Oakland. Unfortunately for the Raiders, 2 of the division games are against the resurgent Chiefs and Broncos.

Predictions anyone?

I predict it's gonna be a wild one!!!! That's all I'll commit to publicly. We have a favorable schedule as we did not have the best season last year. Still have to visit the Raiders were we are 3-3 and the Chargers were we are 2-4 It will not be a california breeze. You never know when you'll get a crazy sim and a 1-10 squirrel will find a nut. LOL. I don't rule out 3 teams from this division either. It might come down to a tie breaker, a heartbreaker, a monitor breaker! I love this stuff! My first team in 35. Our division battled it out for five or six seasons just like this. Greyghost was there towards the end. We are the best division in the league LET'S ROCK!!! We all want to win this thing but, no matter who wins I think it's gonna be a doozy! MM

Well said Sir. Looking forward to both contests.
Last edited at 11/08/2018 2:18 pm

By jgcruz
11/08/2018 3:05 pm
Wait a minute. Did Meatman just compliment himself on saying something well? LOL!

By Meatmen
11/08/2018 3:09 pm
It was meant for the comment for grandad. I guess I musta got confused?? I do kinda value my own opinion and often refer to myself in the third person. I truly am my biggest fan Circa David Lee Roth LOL

By jgcruz
11/08/2018 3:15 pm
Meatmen wrote:
It was meant for the comment for grandad. I guess I musta got confused?? I do kinda value my own opinion and often refer to myself in the third person. I truly am my biggest fan Circa David Lee Roth LOL

Funny.

GL the rest of the way. And to all my competitors.