League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1976 Season

By greyghost1225
11/20/2018 10:55 am
Wolveraider wrote:
Good game Denver.....after our last match up when you dropped 30 on us in the second half(including 20 in the 4th), I was not feeling safe until there were under 5 mins to go in the game.

We definitely got a favorable sim in the first half and then hung on for the win....that said, big kudos for turning this Broncos team around.

Yes, it shows how competitive the division is. The two interceptions in the first half could be the thing that keeps me out of the playoffs. I figured I had to win out to make it. It has been a fun season. Good game raiders.

By DJSim22
11/20/2018 10:59 am
Well that all went wrong lol. Got cute starting Chow against his old team. Played injured CB’s who got roasted. Game planned to prevent runs up the middle then watched sweeps all day lol. Well done KC! I swear we’re really not this bad though, perfect storm. Next time we will keep it within 40!

By jouameng
11/20/2018 12:25 pm
Good Game Falcons! Just trying to get through the rest of the season healthy... Congrats on making it to the post season for the first time!
Last edited at 11/20/2018 12:25 pm

By jgcruz
11/20/2018 12:36 pm
Warthog wrote:
GG Bengals. You made some amazing half time adjustments apparently. First half we had 405 yards of offense on 34 plays and scored 34 points. Second half we had 83 yards of offense on 32 plays and scored 0 points. Good luck in the playoffs. We will be sitting at home watching for the first time.

The Browns had some really tough injuries to deal with the season. They will be back.

By Warthog
11/20/2018 12:53 pm
jgcruz wrote:
The Browns had some really tough injuries to deal with the season. They will be back.

Is a brain cramp by the owner/GM on that list of injuries?

By Beercloud
11/20/2018 3:10 pm
The Paydirt Report: Week 15

Tampa Bay remains the top story as their march to an undefeated season with a slight blemish continues as they had to fight it out with New Orleans for a hard fought win. Detroit says "if we can't make the playoffs this season neither can you" to division foe Minnesota. New England gracefully bows out and takes their "e" with them into the off-season with a nice late season surge. But it was too little too late for the Patriots. Miami punches a ticket to the dance. With the NFC playoff spots cemented, Kansas City and Oakland will have to settle it in week 16. The Chiefs will play Philadelphia and the Raiders will play Tennessee. Both teams should walk away with wins against two struggling franchises. Which according to the MFN ai, Oakland should advance. Denver advances to the playoffs with a great franchise turnaround by GM greyghost1225.

AFC
West
San Diego(13-2) is still battling it out for home field advantage with Cincinnati. Denver(11-4) makes the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. While Kansas City(10-5) and Oakland(10-5) battle it out for that last Wild Card spot.

East
Miami(11-4) clinches their 2nd division title. New England(9-6) gets eliminated and misses the playoffs for only the 2nd time in franchise history. NY Jets(5-10) lose and Buffalo(4-11) wins.

North
Cincinnati(13-2) wins their 4th straight to stay tied with San Diego for home field advantage throughout. Cleveland(7-8) loses while both Baltimore and Pittsburgh both lose. Sources state that both GM jobs are in peril.

South
Jacksonville(7-8) wins in a tune up game. Houston(4-11) wins while Indianapolis(3-10-1) and Tennessee(2-13) both lose.

NFC
East
Washington(11-3-1) loses and will have to play in the first round. Dallas(6-9) loses, NY Giants(3-12) wins and Philadelphia(1-14) loses again.

West
Seattle(14-1) clinches a first round bye with a win and is still in contention for home field advantage. Arizona(6-9) and San Francisco(5-10) lose while Los Angeles(4-11) wins their 2nd straight.

North
Green Bay(12-3) wins a Battle Royale game against Washington which earned our Game of the Week. Detroit(8-7) knocks Minnesota(8-7) out of the playoffs. Gotta love rivalries. Chicago(2-13) wakes up and wins.

South
Tampa Bay(14-0-1) wins their 6th consecutive and will roll into the divisional round regardless of what happens against Atlanta(10-5) in week 16. But a win will secure home field advantage. Atlanta will grab that last playoff spot and play Wild Card Weekend.

Big Games Week 16
Baltimore @ Cincinnati
Kansas City @ Philadelphia
Seattle @ Los Angeles
Atlanta @ Tampa Bay
Oakland @ Tennessee
San Diego @ Denver

By Androwski
11/20/2018 5:12 pm
GG Jets. The Miami Dolphins are the new AFC East Division Champions. We're back. Let's see if I can get my first Playoff win in MFN!

By greyghost1225
11/20/2018 8:46 pm
Beercloud wrote:
The Paydirt Report: Week 15

Tampa Bay remains the top story as their march to an undefeated season with a slight blemish continues as they had to fight it out with New Orleans for a hard fought win. Detroit says "if we can't make the playoffs this season neither can you" to division foe Minnesota. New England gracefully bows out and takes their "e" with them into the off-season with a nice late season surge. But it was too little too late for the Patriots. Miami punches a ticket to the dance. With the NFC playoff spots cemented, Kansas City and Oakland will have to settle it in week 16. The Chiefs will play Philadelphia and the Raiders will play Tennessee. Both teams should walk away with wins against two struggling franchises. Which according to the MFN ai, Oakland should advance. Denver advances to the playoffs with a great franchise turnaround by GM greyghost1225.

AFC
West
San Diego(13-2) is still battling it out for home field advantage with Cincinnati. Denver(11-4) makes the playoffs for the first time in franchise history. While Kansas City(10-5) and Oakland(10-5) battle it out for that last

I appreciate the shout out, but I don't think I am in the playoffs yet. I realize the standings show that, but if I end up in a tie with Oak and KC, I don't think I make it.
Last edited at 11/20/2018 9:19 pm

By Wolveraider
11/20/2018 10:43 pm
I think if the Raiders win and Denver loses, we both have a record of 11-5, we split our games, so then it goes to division record with the Raiders having an edge at 3-3 over Denver's 2-4.

So then it comes down to the Chiefs and the Broncos.

If Denver loses and the Chief's win, they are both at 11-5, they split, they would both have a division record of 2-4, it would go to best won-lost-tied percentage in common games.

Which in this case, they would be tied again, as both teams would have beaten all common opponents, except the Chargers whom they both lost both games.

So it would come to the next tie breaker which is conference record, which the Chiefs would come out ahead with an 8-4 record and Denver would be at 7-5 in this scenario, based on the fact that they lose to the Chargers a conference opponent.

If Denver wins they clinch regardless of the outcome of the Raiders and Chiefs games.

Then it comes down to the Raiders and Chiefs.

If either one loses and the other wins, the winner is in...

If both the Raiders and Chiefs win or lose, they share a record of 11-5 or 10-6, they split their games, so it would go to division record where the Raiders have the advantage at 3-3 over 2-4.

So I guess I'm hoping to win my game and I'm a Chargers fan.

Thanks to greyghost for posting the official NFL tiebreaking procedures.

I must be bored. lol

By Meatmen
11/21/2018 2:03 am
DJSim22 wrote:
Well that all went wrong lol. Got cute starting Chow against his old team. Played injured CB’s who got roasted. Game planned to prevent runs up the middle then watched sweeps all day lol. Well done KC! I swear we’re really not this bad though, perfect storm. Next time we will keep it within 40!

Thank you for the compliment sir. I can tell you that Chow did very well in Sethrick's system but didn't fair so well the first season I took over so I used his back up stutes who did well for a season of two. when the version changed i got little production out of both. As beercloud mentioned e few weeks ago...you can get good production out of lower rated players. Some play better in different systems or in limited use. I have had a few that were stars for only a season or two and then fizzled. I have been where you are with a lot of teams. Don't worry you'll figure it out. At least you have a sense of humor. Good luck in the future sir. MM
Last edited at 11/21/2018 2:03 am