League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1976 Season

By voegma
11/21/2018 7:08 am
Warthog wrote:
GG Bengals. You made some amazing half time adjustments apparently. First half we had 405 yards of offense on 34 plays and scored 34 points. Second half we had 83 yards of offense on 32 plays and scored 0 points. Good luck in the playoffs. We will be sitting at home watching for the first time.

the 2nd quarter in our game was crazy!

By Meatmen
11/21/2018 1:52 pm
WOW what a wild finish this is going to be. The Last wild card is anyone's guess. I have read all the scenario's. If San diego wasn't battling for home field advantage I would say they rest their players and then I think the Broncos probably are a shoe in. KC and Oakland should win respective games unless they run into an "any given simday" (as I refer to it) fiasco. That puts control in the hands of the Bronco's and leaves the Chiefs out. The 24-23 loss at Oakland has become enormous. While we played some good games we fell short on the divisional W-L column. Four teams with double digit victories and a separated by the proverbial Gnat's eyelash.
Lets do this! MM
Last edited at 11/21/2018 1:52 pm

By greyghost1225
11/21/2018 6:14 pm
Regardless of how it turns out, this was a fun season. :) Good luck to all.

By DJSim22
11/21/2018 8:17 pm
Can the AFC West get their own sappy season thread? ;)

By greyghost1225
11/21/2018 10:32 pm
DJSim22 wrote:

When you are in the Ferrari division of Paydirt, there are allowances made, don't worry the South will get there someday. You know when they have a team finish above .500.

By Meatmen
11/21/2018 10:48 pm
greyghost1225 wrote:
DJSim22 wrote:

When you are in the Ferrari division of Paydirt, there are allowances made, don't worry the South will get there someday. You know when they have a team finish above .500.

Earlier this season we were accused of being "lovey dovey"?!! As I pointed out then in the 70s coaches and general managers behaved like gentleman not professional wrestlers. The coaches of that vein let the play of their teams and players speak for them. Whoever wins our division will proceed with the professionalism and class that we have displayed to this point. However, anytime you want some lovey-dovey come see us we will be more than happy (not sappy) to show you a good time, like the Chiefs showed you last week. I think 40 points is kind of a stretch you might aim for say within 65 next time;)MM
Last edited at 11/21/2018 10:54 pm

By Wolveraider
11/22/2018 4:36 am
Good Game Titans....you had me worried going into the 4th. Whew!

Denver in over KC....common opponents, when I looked at it the first time somehow I missed Washington, that was the only difference....KC lost and Denver won...who thinks it's going to come down to a random out of conference game. Wow.

Good season Chiefs/MM.

By Meatmen
11/22/2018 7:06 am
Wolveraider wrote:
Good Game Titans....you had me worried going into the 4th. Whew!

Denver in over KC....common opponents, when I looked at it the first time somehow I missed Washington, that was the only difference....KC lost and Denver won...who thinks it's going to come down to a random out of conference game. Wow.

Good season Chiefs/MM.

Thanks Wolveraider I just had a feeling back when we lost in oakland by a point that our season was in serious jeopardy. Kinda stings a little to be staying home with an 11-5 record.We just have to win the all important divisional games. I thought we had a good season after last years debacle. Real proud of my young QB and a solid defense. I will leave it up to you guys to spread some of our sappy brand of "Lovey Dovey" through out the league! Ican't wait to see how this plays out. MM

By Meatmen
11/22/2018 7:18 am
Congrats to all the AFC west teams on a great season. Chargers get home field advantage and Greyghost and the Broncos are now a force to be reckoned with. Oakland overcame a slow start to get the last WC spot and the Chiefs Rebounded from a poor season last year to almost grab a spot. Best of luck to all of you go out and spread the "Lovey Dovey". LOL MM

By CoachNorm
11/22/2018 11:19 am
GG Lions

And happy Thanksgiving everyone!