League Forums

Main - League News/General Discussion

Re: 1976 Season

By Wolveraider
11/17/2018 11:04 am
Good game KC/MM....another nailbiter...when your Defense got that pick late in the 4th, I thought it was curtains, but we managed to hang on....these games are always tough.
Good luck the rest of the way.

The West is so competitve right now....there's a good chance the last place team will have double digit wins. Ouch.

By Beercloud
11/17/2018 11:46 am
The Paydirt Report: Week 14

Old news is good news for the Tampa Bay Buccaneers. Another win and still undefeated. Cleveland gets eliminated for the first time in its history and Warthog will have to wait til 1977 to enter the elite 100 win club. With a good to great season in 1977 jgcruz, jouameng, voegma and Wolferaider will have shots at entering the club.

AFC
West:
San Diego(12-2) wins their 8th straight to hold on to a slim 1 game lead over Denver(11-3) who wins their 5th in a row. But the big story in the league came in Oakland(9-5) who beat Kansas City(9-5) in a thrilling 24-23 victory. You could hear the roar of the crowd across the country when the Raiders kicked a 42 yd field goal with :09 left in the game to keep their playoff hopes alive. Kansas City @ Oakland was the well deserved Game of the Week.

East:
The East has a race of their own going on. Miami(10-4) bounces back with a win to maintain their slim 1 game lead over New England(9-5) who won their 3rd in a row. Defending division champ NY Jets(5-9) and Buffalo(3-11) both lose.

North:
Cincinnati(12-2) keeps neck and neck with San Diego for that home field advantage race. Cleveland(7-7) gets eliminated to join Baltimore(5-9) who lost and Pittsburgh(5-9) who won this week.

South
This isn't the first time we've heard this. But everyone in the division loses this week. But in doing so Jacksonville(6-8) clinches their 5th AFC South crown and rookie GM mwd65's first. Indianapolis(3-10-1) got eliminate to join their division foes Houston(3-11) and Tennessee(2-11-1).

NFC
East:
Washington(11-2-1) loses and also loses ground to Seattle for that sought after first round bye. Dallas(6-8) wins while NY Giants(2-12) and Philly(1-11) lose again.

West:
Seattle(13-1) wins their 6th in a row to not only hold down that last first round spot but is also on the heels of undefeated Tampa Bay for that home field advantage throughout. Arizona(6-8) wins, San Francisco(5-9) loses and Los Angeles(3-11) snaps their 10 game losing streak.

North:
Green Bay(11-3) wins a good ole fashion Black n Blue division game against Detroit(7-7) eliminating the Lions. Minnesota(8-6) remains alive for the final Wild Card spot with their 2nd consecutive win. Chicago(1-13) = lose.

South:
Tampa Bay(13-0-1) holds serve with their 5th win in a row. Carolina(12-2) shuts out Washington in a Battle Royale game 36-0. Atlanta(9-5) rebounds from 3 straight loses with a win against Houston to hold a 1 game lead over Minnesota for the last ticket to the dance. The Aints(3-11) lose again.

Big Games Week 15
Green Bay @ Washington = Battle Royale
Miami @ NY Jets
Cincinnati @ Cleveland
Minnesota @ Detroit
Seattle @ New England
Oakland @ Denver
Indianapolis @ Kansas City
Carolina @ Atlanta

By CoachNorm
11/17/2018 11:58 am
GG Saints.

By Meatmen
11/17/2018 12:29 pm
Wolveraider wrote:
Good game KC/MM....another nailbiter...when your Defense got that pick late in the 4th, I thought it was curtains, but we managed to hang on....these games are always tough.
Good luck the rest of the way.

The West is so competitive right now....there's a good chance the last place team will have double digit wins. Ouch.

Yeah I agree my friend. It was A hard fought battle. I lost a TE2 out for the season/career, My CB1 (concussion) out 3 weeks, WR2 Questionable 4 wks, and my RG1 who has been nursing that ankle most of the season was re injured 3 weeks. I noticed you got some bumps and bruises as well.

My young QB held up well against a tough D, My coach called some stupid plays on our last possession. Acevado is leading the league with a 62 Pct completions (starters) All in all it just what I expected a well played game by both teams. Too bad only 3 of us can make it. I am not discounting a tough patriots team that still has a shot. again good luck MM
Last edited at 11/17/2018 12:56 pm

By jouameng
11/17/2018 3:34 pm
Good Game Washington, definitely not the best showing by your team. I guess it was just a revenge game from last year's playoff game, Hope to see you in the playoffs for another matchup!

By GrandadB
11/17/2018 8:40 pm
GG Detroit/Duval, the Packer "D" was real tight in that one, hopefully it stays that way for a while, like the rest of the season, lol. cheers

By Gustoon
11/18/2018 2:46 am
GG Pitt, my secondary sucks. All game long wrap! wrap! wrap! Broken tackles cost us dearly. We'll be back next season, but first we have to whoop Miami ')

By Wolveraider
11/20/2018 10:05 am
Good game Denver.....after our last match up when you dropped 30 on us in the second half(including 20 in the 4th), I was not feeling safe until there were under 5 mins to go in the game.

We definitely got a favorable sim in the first half and then hung on for the win....that said, big kudos for turning this Broncos team around.

By Warthog
11/20/2018 10:18 am
GG Bengals. You made some amazing half time adjustments apparently. First half we had 405 yards of offense on 34 plays and scored 34 points. Second half we had 83 yards of offense on 32 plays and scored 0 points. Good luck in the playoffs. We will be sitting at home watching for the first time.

By CoachNorm
11/20/2018 10:20 am
GG Bears.